What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete White Water shop - It has ended phew!!!!

Kev, just re-reading and enjoying this log. I've recently serviced my DE pops and notice you've fitted your yolks the other way around to me. My understanding is that you want the coil plunger to pull down against the metal yolk and then recoil against the fibre as the coil de-energises. As the fibre one is slightly wider I pointed this away from the bracket too. I think this is correct per the schematic below. A minor point but you've done such an awesome job on this machine.

p7190499-jpg.8723

upload_2015-5-6_18-8-29.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-5-6_18-8-13.png
    upload_2015-5-6_18-8-13.png
    69 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Well spotted @astyy I sure have put them on upside down!!! so easily done - another minor job to sort. Thanks for letting me know

Cheers Kev

Certainly easy done with the amount of work you did to this machine but the final result well worth it and i hope you're enjoying it. A bit fiddly but can swap them over just undoing the two nuts on the ring rod assembly in situ.

Certainly easy done with the amount of work you did to this machine but the final result well worth it and i hope you're enjoying it. A bit fiddly but can swap them over just undoing the two nuts on the ring rod assembly in situ.
Yeah mate a job for the weekend me thinks!!!

Thanks again

Kev

Well did the job today @astyy and what a major f*$% on it was!!!! would of been easy except the coil bracket had to come off as well and when the first spring went boing!!!! it took me 2 hours to find it!!!

anyway job is done and they work a lot better as the bakelite yoke was slightly rubbing on the pop bracket slowing it down - now they are around the right way they are like lightning!!!

Well done to you for being the only one to spot this mistake!!

Here is a pic just to prove I really did it ;)

IMG_0328.JPG

Cheers Kev

Hi Kev, just read this thread and the machine looks great, hope the topper is serving ŷou well ;) can you tell me how you polish your metal parts up like you have? Especially the delicate ones like the leaf switches etc. I still have the harness from my Wh20 so I am thinking of building one over the next few years as a hobby to get away from the kids ;) ha ha

Hi Mate,
Yes topper is fab!!! Most of the metal parts are polished on a bench grinder fitted with buffing wheels. I use two compounds black then green and then I had finish each part with a cloth and autosol. The likes of leaf switches I do just with autosol and a dremel with a 1 inch diameter buffing wheel and then again by hand to complete it. Hope that helps

CHeers Kev

Watch out for my STTNG next!!
Can you assure us that no garage doors will be harmed in the renovation of this machine ;)

Seriously though, played this machine at SWL last night it really is great, I bet you're really enjoying your efforts now.

Back
Top Bottom