What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete White Water shop - It has ended phew!!!!

Kev you are right in the trimming of the decal, maybe a brand new blade and not such a steep cutting angle.
thanks Daz thought I was - I always use a new blade but blue or black always seems to come off - perhaps I didnt explain very well - its not where its cut it is when I peel off the thin strip the strip actually seems to pull the paint off - have I stuck the decal down too hard before I trim it ??? I will see if I can get a better pic to show you all

Cheers Kev

lot more progress on the backbox tonight....

New Homepin chaser light boards installed

P4090125.JPG

and all PCB back in including the new homepin chaser driver board (need to replace a few components on the soundboard I think - although it was working!!)

P4090126.JPG

A little peeved as I looked at the playfield today and the brand new rubbers that have gone on are cracked and perishing and it's not even been used yet!!!! wish I could remember who I bought them from aaargh!!!!!!!

Could be finished by the weekend!!!!

Cheers Kev

And finally head meets body once again!!! and powered up ok - playfield in next!!

P4110011.JPG

Couple of shots of playfield in with e side decals which I think look really good and fir the theme perfectly!!
P4110012.JPG

P4110013.JPG

And its has powered up ok with the playfield all connected and blown no fuses!!, but do have a few minor issues to sort out and a few very weird ones which I will go into later

Here ya go @Cryptkeeper

Cheers Kev

It's looking Top Banana Kev.
thanks Daz - very pleased with it from the turd it was!!! just got a few weird things happening at the moment that have got me a bit baffled !! one is when it loads a ball onto the playfield it goes straight into goldrush mode and I haven't a clue (yet) as why. The lost mine works perfectly - so the opto is ok and so is the eject solenoid but it has me stumped at the mo?

Cheers Kev

Sounds like you have some opto connection mixed up.
Retrace your assembly on anything opto related.

Sounds like you have some opto connection mixed up.
Retrace your assembly on anything opto related.
Hi Daz, yeah thats what I am gonna do, but I cant imagine how that could of happened as there aren't any optos on the ball trough, just microswitches, and there isn't anything even near the mine with an opto!!!

Kev here's the boat I made as discussed. It's mounted on the waterfall ramp plastic that stops the ball coming off at the first drop.
image.jpg

Don't beat your skip on Junk Yard.
It's good but that skip takes some beating.

Junk Yard was my surprise fav game at SCS last year. Never played it before. Great fun. And an excellent theme for modding!

Well guys after finally finding the fault with mine kick out today I have also fixed big foot as well!!! He wasn't working and it was a bit weird, as there was power coming off the driver board with the motor disconnected, but connect it and it seemed to pull it down. Thought it was the motor but its fine. Took motor driver board off and could see anything obvious, so re-flowed solder on every joint and hey presto Big foot is one again back to life!!! so all in all, a very good day today, and nothing left but minor adjustments to make and I can finish it off properly now. Tomorrow should see a lot of progress!!!

Cheers Kev

Well I think its officially finished - been an epic one !!! and today just to round things off went to shut the garage door after finishing the pin and forgot to move bike - ouch!!!!!! most expensive restore I have ever done I think !!!:(

IMG_0293.JPG

couple of pics of the pin just to show the LEDs more to follow once I get the topper on and get my garage door replaced!!!

IMG_0292.JPG

Cheers Kev

That door looks like it would fix ok. Hoist it up onto the roller and then feed back into the guides down the sides of the door ??

Unless some of the links are bent, in which case buy a few links and replace them

That door looks like it would fix ok. Hoist it up onto the roller and then feed back into the guides down the sides of the door ??

Unless some of the links are bent, in which case buy a few links and replace them
insurance job Ian I think its wrecked - bent and twisted and totally jammed !!!

Back
Top Bottom