What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete White Water shop - It has ended phew!!!!

Well guys it is finally finished and all working at last!!!! just a couple of before and after pics to wrap things up

Before under playfield and after
IMG_1032.JPG PB020611.JPG

Head before and after
P6200277.JPG head new.jpg

Cab before and after

P6200292.JPG IMG_0146.JPG

Finished job - just a dome to pic up at the next show!!

P4190019.JPG

P4190020.JPG

Looks a little better than when I picked it up @Steve C lol !!!!

Thats it folks!!! what to do next - ah I know STTNG !!! but before that garage door !!!

OUCH!!!!!

P4180018.JPG

Bye for now!!!!

Cheers Kev

Attachments

• P6200277.JPG
    P6200277.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 1
Peachy.
Nice work Kev , its been a bumpy ride in parts but you made it in the end. And only one casualty the garage door.

Very nice restore job, Kev, I better start saving up in case you decide to sell :)

Shame about the garage door :oops:, one of the benefits of an electric roller door, sensors would have stopped it.

Nice job Kev, well done! Great to see the before and after pics.

Lovely work Kev.

I was feeling pretty guilty about how long i've had my machine in bits but going back over this log shows just how time consuming it can be to get everything done right. Looking back it seems this restore has taken about 10 months all told. I'll be very happy if I can finish mine off in the time frame.

That's a good point right there. Any idea how many hours you put on this?

Hi Pete, not logged the hours - stopped for a couple of months over winter, but I guess it must be in excess of at least 100 hrs

Cheers Kev

Sounds about right :)

Maybe just for the playfield.

I'd bet it's more like 150-200. I'm already at 160 hours on RFM and I do things fast! And it's still not bloody finished!

It's unbelievable how much time these machines take to restore, and you never realise how much of it is passing when you're just tinkering away every night happy as Larry. The end result is always worth it though. :)

and you never realise how much of it is passing when you're just tinkering away every night happy as Larry. The end result is always worth it though. :)
Couldn't agree more. I've always enjoyed fixing things but pinball has the right mix of everything. Electronics, mechanicals, woodwork, paint and nostalgia.

Heh, I couldn't agree more Peter.

The smell thing especially - our house currently pongs of Ronseal Two Part Wood Filler. I love the smell of that stuff but it's so strong that I usually only apply it during the night so it's cleared up by the time we get up in the morning.

One of the downsides of not having a workshop unfortunately :-(

Heh, I couldn't agree more Peter.

The smell thing especially - our house currently pongs of Ronseal Two Part Wood Filler. I love the smell of that stuff but it's so strong that I usually only apply it during the night so it's cleared up by the time we get up in the morning.

One of the downsides of not having a workshop unfortunately :-(
You Defo need a workshop dude.

It's on the card - but just not yet unfortunately :-(

The good news is that a single Pin in the house means the better half has admitted we need a dedicated room for it. The plan is when we move to find somewhere with a space for Pins + workshop. I've seen a few nice places with double garages which would be ideal for conversion but until we've got the wedding out of the way we're kind of stuck where we are.

Aaah well. Sanding should be done before the end of the week and then i'll hopefully get it sprayed up. After that there are a fair few jobs I can do in the middle room.

Anyway, enough of hijacking Kev's thread. He's done a sterling job and it's only made me more determined to get a dedicated workshop someday :)

thanks for all the love out there guys!!!!! great support on here as always and I hope the log serves someone else well when they come to shop a WH20 !!

Cant wait to start the next one now - new garage door arriving on friday first lol !!!!

Cheers Kev

great job, looks awesome, and glad you got the door fixed

Nice garage door! Looks very smart, better than the white in my opinion.

Congrats on the topper. Am I the only one who's amazed by how that effect actually works?

Back
Top Bottom