What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to Hawkins ... stranger things thread

Must be class 10 16gb card
Yep that’s what it is . As recommended by Cleland.

Someone on Pinside reported exactly same crash at the same point - completion of Can’t Stop This / Demogorgan 5.

Interestingly they noted they had a ball stuck behind the drops at the end of that mode. I had the same scenario. Seems one heck of a coincidence.

Yep that’s what it is . As recommended by Cleland.

Someone on Pinside reported exactly same crash at the same point - completion of Can’t Stop This / Demogorgan 5.

Interestingly they noted they had a ball stuck behind the drops at the end of that mode. I had the same scenario. Seems one heck of a coincidence.
I had the same thought I’d bricked the machine lol

Latest Pinside intell suggests bugs haven’t been fixed.
The Can’t Stop That issue I experienced seems to occur if a ball is missing at the mode end - trapped on drops most commonly .
Advice seems to be to drain to just 1 ball in play before the mode ends to avoid the crash.
Of course be nicer if Stern just fixed the damn code.

Exactly why Bond is now struggling to sell, lack of faith in Lonnie.

Anyone here actually reached the Final Showdown ?
When I came close to it - before that pesky bug ruined my day 😁 - I was really just concentrating on working through the Chapters. Every shot I was prioritising advancing those .
As opportunities arose I did stack things into multiballs.
I found the Demodog and Demogorgan modes just advanced themselves - I didn’t think too hard about shooting for them.
The Combo qualification just happened at some point - I didn’t even notice.

Anyone here actually reached the Final Showdown ?
When I came close to it - before that pesky bug ruined my day 😁 - I was really just concentrating on working through the Chapters. Every shot I was prioritising advancing those .
As opportunities arose I did stack things into multiballs.
I found the Demodog and Demogorgan modes just advanced themselves - I didn’t think too hard about shooting for them.
The Combo qualification just happened at some point - I didn’t even notice.
I've got to FS a few times but with replay 1 on EB and the drawings EB on 8. Start of every ball when the ballsave is on I work on the drops. Then I mostly try to stack Demogorgon and Dogs into chapters and just play the modes, you don't get the fun of shooting the Demogorgon this way but if I tried to do everything separately it'd be too hard

Idea for a mod - haven’t seen anything similar .

I picked up some glow in the dark D&D dice . Wondered about mounting them somewhere 🤔 Maybe attach them to a custom made clear plastic then fix to a suitable point.

Do glow after exposure to light but not sure how much they would in game/ under UV tbh . Might look cool anyway. They will prob sit in a box and I’ll never do it as usual but just thinking aloud here 😁

E019BE0E-016F-4997-8AE3-C8FCB054703F.jpegD3381FAB-32F6-423A-BCC9-F4FEA16EAEE9.jpeg

Bond selling so well is what has killed elvira manufacturing!
Didn’t Stern discredit those Elvira delay rumours? And they just pushed a Bond run months back to bring in another run of Godzilla.

Didn’t Stern discredit those Elvira delay rumours? And they just pushed a Bond run months back to bring in another run of Godzilla.

info I got as Elvira was moved to do another Bond Premium run but seems to change every day!

Daft question. How do I know if my game has the original 1.5 code installed or the Cleland 1.5 code?

Daft question. How do I know if my game has the original 1.5 code installed or the Cleland 1.5 code?
Goto Mixer by holding both buttons down and flip through the songs you will soon know as they dont have the licence for any of em

Well like a ***, I tried to format the current SD card to write Clelands code to it. Managed to corrupt the card so now I can't play the game at all 🤦🏻

Will this work as a replacement?

DA5EFFAB-3E02-4252-B519-609168F6082D.png

I assume my MacBook SD drive is goosed as I've borked 2 SD cards trying to write Cleland's code to them. Currently playing v1.02 until a new card comes! 🤦🏻

managed to get a backup projector for my LE. its insane how small it is.

I did the same at the end of last year. Found one for sale in the States and had it shipped to my brother in law in CA who brought it over at Xmas. Didn’t like paying the huge markup but better than being SOL if the one in the game dies someday now that they’re unobtainable. It’s like an expensive, handheld insurance policy.

Can anyone else backhand the right ramp from a cradle ? It’s super tight but recently I have been able to - I’m thinking the purple/ pink glow rubbers I switched to are fractionally thinner allowing the ball to squeeze past the slingshot post 🧐
Def bonus to have the option as I find the right ramp the toughest shot in the game to nail.

Can anyone else backhand the right ramp from a cradle ? It’s super tight but recently I have been able to - I’m thinking the purple/ pink glow rubbers I switched to are fractionally thinner allowing the ball to squeeze past the slingshot post 🧐
Def bonus to have the option as I find the right ramp the toughest shot in the game to nail.

I don’t think I can, no - and I wish I could, as I also find it the toughest shot in the game by some margin.

Yeah, I can hit that shot pretty regularly once I have my eye in.

Still rubbish scores though……

On the pro its simple to backhand assuming you have flippers that aren't on fire. On the LE you've got to get it spot on or the useless magnet **** at the top will reject and the ball comes back heading SDTM.

Back
Top Bottom