What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Walking Dead Pro with extras price drop £6k

Ok clearly I do need to pay more attention then. I've not been on the forum much lately. It's been a bit boring since Neil was banned. I'm guessing he's upset that particular flipping cabal?

Plenty of those about, iam sure you could spot a few yourself, everyone can and it's pretty obvious. Just seems to be selectable whose threads get ****ted on and whose don't 👍

Maybe list the examples of double standards? It's a bit vague otherwise mate. I get what you're suggesting, but don't really know who you're pointing the finger at specifically.

As of the wider point . . .

We are spending thousands of pounds with each other on this site. Ebay and Facebook allow you to rate buyers and sellers and in the case of ebay have 'preferred sellers'. All we can really do on here is have a mental 'naughty or nice list'. Clearly you don't think the seller has taken the p1$$ which is cool, I would hope nobody is trying to stop you doing business with him.

However, I'm pleased the issue has been brought up because I would chose not to sell to the fella. I've just sold a really nice pin at a decent price, I'd be gutted if I saw it on here for a grand more in December which it would easily fetch.

Maybe list the examples of double standards? It's a bit vague otherwise mate. I get what you're suggesting, but don't really know who you're pointing the finger at specifically.

As of the wider point . . .

We are spending thousands of pounds with each other on this site. Ebay and Facebook allow you to rate buyers and sellers and in the case of ebay have 'preferred sellers'. All we can really do on here is have a mental 'naughty or nice list'. Clearly you don't think the seller has taken the p1$$ which is cool, I would hope nobody is trying to stop you doing business with him.

However, I'm pleased the issue has been brought up because I would chose not to sell to the fella. I've just sold a really nice pin at a decent price, I'd be gutted if I saw it on here for a grand more in December which it would easily fetch.
Albsolutley spot on

For a bit of balance we bought a pin off this guy and he was perfectly pleasant, let us have a good look (under the playfield and in the backbox) and play of the machine before parting with our money.

Maybe trying to flip at a profit and the fuel comment is ridiculous (we wrote that off straight away) but then we're pinheads and looking at this hobby as something to do than a business.

This will sell for what the community thinks it's worth.

Didn't want to call people out specifically mate but you yourself mentioned titles which you've known sold for 2.5k being flipped at 4k..

If you want recent examples of stupidly priced titles have a look at the 5k flintsrones, the 3.5k high speed or the 3.8k swords of fury.. Have a look at the comments on this thread and see have any of them commented on those threads among others

I'm glad it's not just me! The background politics and allegiances fly right over my head most of the time since I'm not interested in the competitive side of it...which seems to be where a lot of the friction comes from.

To be fair there seems to be some suggestion of a secret sect and movement to police prices by criticising sale threads.

I'd just like to point out the obvious that the person criticising the pricing on the Flintstones threads hasn't even posted on this one.

They're actually two different accusations by two separate people which have been clumsily lumped together where no link exists.

Example 1: Mick and Andy S both had Flintstones for sale at the same time. Neither machine was flipped but someone got upset because they thought Flintstones was a B List pin.

Example 2: AndyDN sold his Walking Dead recently and it reappeared on the forum for considerably more money which is completely different imo.

As interesting and conspiratorial as it may be, the two events are unconnected. No clandestine meetings, no secret handshakes and no WhatsApp group I'm afraid. I don't even think the people complaining on either thread have each others phone numbers. 😬😬

Sorry to p1$$ on the flat earth/moon landing fireworks folks.

To be fair there seems to be some suggestion of a secret sect and movement to police prices by criticising sale threads.

I'd just like to point out the obvious that the person criticising the pricing on the Flintstones threads hasn't even posted on this one.

They're actually two different accusations by two separate people which have been clumsily lumped together where no link exists.

Example 1: Mick and Andy S both had Flintstones for sale at the same time. Neither machine was flipped but someone got upset because they thought Flintstones was a B List pin.

Example 2: AndyDN sold his Walking Dead recently and it reappeared on the forum for considerably more money which is completely different imo.

As interesting and conspiratorial as it may be, the two events are unconnected. No clandestine meetings, no secret handshakes and no WhatsApp group I'm afraid. I don't even think the people complaining on either thread have each others phone numbers. 😬😬

Strange you should jump to that conclusion and apologies if your getting that from my messages but to be clear I never attempted to suggest there was a 'secret cabal' iam merely pointing out that some users can flip pins on here with nothing only encouraging positive comments on their threads and others will have there threads ruined in literally minute's of posting..

Didn't want to call people out specifically mate but you yourself mentioned titles which you've known sold for 2.5k being flipped at 4k..

If you want recent examples of stupidly priced titles have a look at the 5k flintsrones, the 3.5k high speed or the 3.8k swords of fury.. Have a look at the comments on this thread and see have any of them commented on those threads among others

Yeah mate, I stand by that. I definitely don't consider buying a game years ago for 2.5 k then selling it years later for 4k as 'flipping' definitely not.

Sticking £1.2 k on in a matter of weeks certainly is.

So what's the time frame? <12 months >24 months how long do you hold onto a pin before it being 'flipped' or 'entrepreneurial' and should that definition be adapted by everyone..

Yeah I agree with you. I've just looked at all 3 threads and I can't see any connection. The Flintstones was high but it had had a lot of work done. I was quite tempted by the High Speed myself I recall. The Swords of Fury being held back for sale to not spoil someone else's sale is the only thing that is a little bit iffy. But if there is a link between those sales I need to read more Dan Brown.

Strange you should jump to that conclusion and apologies if your getting that from my messages but to be clear I never attempted to suggest there was a 'secret cabal' iam merely pointing out that some users can flip pins on here with nothing only encouraging positive comments on their threads and others will have there threads ruined in literally minute's of posting..So what's the time frame? <12 months >24 months how long do you hold onto a pin before it being 'flipped' or 'entrepreneurial and should that definition be adapted by everyone..

You don't need to apologise. I thought I was reading about crews, groups and being in the with the 'in crowd' etc.

Possibly it was said in jest. . . always hard to know in writing. I was just trying to point out that there's no agenda and that the two people affronted in each instance were unconnected.

As for the time frame . . . sell it the next day if you want but possibly don't tray and profit from someone selling at a low price to keep a pin in the community, particularly when they could have made the profit themselves but decided not to.

All I would say is that many of us thought this was a community and that ebay was the wild west. If this has now become a free for all then someone probably needs to start a pinball community for those who'd rather not be involved in quick fire profit making on pins.

Anyway, I'm done mate. Totally fed up with it all if I'm honest, I've spent far too much time typing on here when I should have been playing actual pinball.

All the best.

So what's the time frame? <12 months >24 months how long do you hold onto a pin before it being 'flipped' or 'entrepreneurial' and should that definition be adapted by everyone..
It's pretty simple. If you buy something with the main intention of making a profit on it that's flipping. It's no longer a hobby at that point.

Yeah mate, I stand by that. I definitely don't consider buying a game years ago for 2.5 k then selling it years later for 4k as 'flipping' definitely not.

Sticking £1.2 k on in a matter of weeks certainly is.

I think I agree.

Buying a game because you want to play it and keeping for a year and selling for something else is part of the hobby.

Buying a game to sell on for a profit definitely is flipping.

Anyway I do quite like the walking dead, brutal as it is 😂

It's pretty simple. If you buy something with the main intention of making a profit on it that's flipping. It's no longer a hobby at that point.

Yep I agree with that 100% but I genuinely don't think this seller done that tbh but his thread was destroyed in minutes.. There are others on here that have done that and you'll feel the wrath of others should you mention it on the thread. I would have thought that was obvious but apparently not

I think I agree.

Buying a game because you want to play it and keeping for a year and selling for something else is part of the hobby.

Buying a game to sell on for a profit definitely is flipping.

Anyway I do quite like the walking dead, brutal as it is 😂

Top tier game for sure

Yep I agree with that 100% but I genuinely don't think this seller done that tbh but his thread was destroyed in minutes.. There are others on here that have done that and you'll feel the wrath of others should you mention it on the thread. I would have thought that was obvious but apparently not
He's quite clearly a dealer. Although lots of things fly over my head that much is obvious from his pattern of wanted ads and then closely followed by sales of the same title later in the month.

To be fair some of the price comments weren’t attacking, they were just opinions after specifically being asked by the seller if his price was fair.

Sorry guy’s thought I put a price
Looking around £6995 Ono
Do you think that’s a fair price ?

A premium was listed a week before for a lower price so no, it didn’t look like a fair price, regardless of what he bought it for. Some of these comments were before his purchase price was even revealed so that had nothing to do with it.

I’d like to try a walking dead at some point and this does look like a very nice example. I hope a deal is managed to be sorted here and it comes up again at some point.

He's quite clearly a dealer. Although lots of things fly over my head that much is obvious from his pattern of wanted ads and then closely followed by sales of the same title later in the month.
I don’t think he’s a dealer- I know from speaking to him in the past that he’s overpaid for his WPT and would have lost money on this when selling on EBay. Problem is you can’t in your right mind try to add on the value of a Pac-Man or Beat the Clock within a month of owning and not expect som backlash. I just don’t think the fella has a good grasp of market prices or forum etiquette

I’d like to try a walking dead at some point and this does look like a very nice example. I hope a deal is managed to be sorted here and it comes up again at some point.
It’s one of the best games and will force you to play better, if you don’t/cant you will probably not like it.
I loved it while it was here😎

Hope this one finds a new home to someone on here if a deal can be done as it looks a nice one.

Iam not a dealer and I love pinballs and have had loads over the years. And are trying to get through as many as I can (playing them) not buy & selling to make loads of money
Lozzauk and Phil p have been to my home and I can only hold around 2-3 at a time
Hense why I buy and sell as I’ve got no space.
I was going to keep this til the spring next year
But after playing TWD for a few weeks now Iam not getting on with it. (Some pins you do and some you don’t)
I wasn’t trying to start world war 3 on here
I thought the price I paid was a good investment and it’s in super condition with loads of mods hoping it would attract buyers
The price I advertised it at was a start price and would have dropped it over the coming days like a Dutch auction to add a bit of fun on here.
It only worth what someone is will to pay for it.
At the moment ive had offers below what I paid.

Unfortunately for OP, £5.7k on TWD pro when it was sold originally was toppy. In the current market, it comes across as greed. All about perspective and timing.

What was paid for it before being sold for £5.7k, because they weren't that when I was a lad.

Last edited:
Hi All
Iam thinking of selling my walking dead pro
As Iam not getting on with it 😞
And I’ve got my eye on something else now

It’s pretty much perfect
Condition/Plays fantastic no faults or issues

Colour LCD Display
Shaker motor
Pin Sound speakers & sub
Leds through out
Side art blades
Colour speaker lights
Under cab lights
No broken plastic etc
Here are some pictures
Will get better ones later
Thanks Mark.
Collection from Coventry
Custom painted wellwalker by Rudedogg
Pinwoofer upgraded speakers & sub with pinwoofer amp too
Cols plastics, speaker acrylics & door plaque
LED tube in backbox
Mezel mods sign over Arena ramp

i know where your coming from there's rules for certain people on here and price manipulation when i get bored one day im going to start pointing it out and then ill get barred

Back
Top Bottom