What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Walking Dead Pro with extras price drop £6k

The fish tanks were readily available.

I actually gave a couple away to forum members and remember including a set when @Tyke bought my Walking Dead.

Anyway, point is they were part of a £35 Dvd set and not a mod.

Anyway, the way I see it is that it's not about the price police. It's about people adjusting their expectations. Not everyone views this website the same.

Spencer sold his Star Trek recently at 4 grand. He purchased it from me for £4250 but deemed he'd enjoyed it for a while so wasn't concerned about losing £250.

@ronsplooter @Silverpaolo and @Hiltoncriss have all sold games for lower than market value recently which keeps them in the community. It's a really good antidote to some of the silly eBay prices.

The other side of the coin is a grand being chucked on for a shaker motor and some petrol. Contrary to earlier suggestions, there were many of us who knew the price Andy sold the game for so clearly there is going to be surprise when it pops up again at a hugely inflated price.

Unfortunately, the more the later happens, the more likely sales are going to get done privately. Ultimately it will be people trying to get into the hobby who may miss out on the chance of joining a community by acquiring a reasonably priced pin.

I know at least two people looking to sell games at the moment. They're happy to offer them at a reasonable price but would find it hard to stomach seeing someone flip them for a quick buck when the intention was to keep them in the community.

For some, this forum is a community, but for others it's just a means to sell stuff and some are just passing through having a read.

I was one of the original 16 NIB buyers. It cost £6200 new. They didn't sell very well even back then when the TV series was really popular, and it wasn't easy to get rid of. I ended up swapping it for a TSPP. I think your valuation is optimistic to say the least. I can see it selling around the £5500 mark but you're definitely not going to have a queue of buyers even at that price. It just doesn't seem to have a wide appeal. Probably because of the gore aspect when buyers have got kids.

Last edited:
A case in point is the Strange Science machine that has just been listed at £1700.
Purchased just over a year ago for £2000 or close to it I'm guessing.

Now that's what you call community sprit :cool:
Erm, more like it's at that price because the market has massively dropped. This idea of 'community spirit' when it comes to pricing is nonsense imo - 'community spirit' = 'giving away your cash to strangers, some of whom might be pinball dealers'. It isn't happening, despite how some people might like to market their sales.

Erm, more like it's at that price because the market has massively dropped. This idea of 'community spirit' when it comes to pricing is nonsense imo - 'community spirit' = 'giving away your cash to strangers, some of whom might be pinball dealers'. It isn't happening, despite how some people might like to market their sales.
Indeed, when 30+ years old games are being sold for (probably) 3x their original NIB price on the pretext of 'desirability' the notion of 'community spirit' rings hollow.
Perhaps the OP should hold onto this pin until 2044 and sell it for 18k?

I disagree. A Colour DMD is one of the best mods you can add, and now costing up to £500 it should make a Pin more expensive than one without. *Unless you are agreeing it does add value? Your comment can be read both ways.
You'd have to be bonkers to pay that. Pin2DMD is less than 1/3rd

Indeed, when 30+ years old games are being sold for (probably) 3x their original NIB price on the pretext of 'desirability' the notion of 'community spirit' rings hollow.
Perhaps the OP should hold onto this pin until 2044 and sell it for 18k?
I think it’s logical that SOME sought after WPC games go for the type of money you’re suggesting. It’s worth noting that NIB £5,000 in 2010 is equivalent in purchasing power to about £7,900 today. A pound today only buys 63.242% of what it could buy back then. I think some of you are being cynical- there are some good deals out there and they get snapped up instantly.

I think it’s logical that SOME sought after WPC games go for the type of money you’re suggesting. It’s worth noting that NIB £5,000 in 2010 is equivalent in purchasing power to about £7,900 today. A pound today only buys 63.242% of what it could buy back then. I think some of you are being cynical- there are some good deals out there and they get snapped up instantly.
Fair point.
On that basis, had TWD been released a year ago at a price point of 7.9k for the pro, then at 6.75k now for a decently modded one, people would be falling over themselves to grab it

Many DMD SAM pins are way better than some of the spike muc coming out.
I think tasteful mods def add value.
On the point of operator pins….
They have been routed, made their money and then sold for little under NIB.
Example:
DP @7k routed
DP NIB @ 8k
I know which one I’d want…..

Fair point.
On that basis, had TWD been released a year ago at a price point of 7.9k for the pro, then at 6.75k now for a decently modded one, people would be falling over themselves to grab it
And that’s what’s made recent huo used pricing complicated over the last few years, production runs on certain games goes on for years at massively varied prices , people selling a Jp or Godzilla pro they bought in 2019 or 2021 are making money/breaking even selling them for £7k, whereas people buying the same game last year are losing £1.5k selling the same game at £7k

I think if you've bought any machine in the last 2 years you should expect to lose some money on it. Unless we have another lockdown prices are clearly going downwards.

I actually agree with this comment but I would still like to feel that if you buy a machine off a person on here who is contributing to the technical side of the forum that you will be getting a machine that is fair value for money at whatever the market price is and that it will have been looked after.
That is a reason I have participated in this forum and that is the real community spirit. Having a certain amount of assurance that your money has been spent with as much peace of mind as is possible with such temperamental machinery.

The buyers will always determine the value of an item so list it up and see if it sells and don't worry about how high or low that price is.
Look at how long @MajesticPinball 's machine took to sell and yet it was a fair price for a good product. It sold on eBay to somebody and who's to say if that same person would have paid more for it if it was listed at a higher price or not.

The right machine at the right time with the right theme at the right money to the right person.

Last edited:
Where's all the anti-price police commentators gone 🤔 some serious double standards going on, seems to depend on whose selling the pin whether they come out or not. Not the first pin bought on here that's been listed for a higher price, anyone with half a brain can go back and look. usually followed by some comment such as 'great game', 'lovely condition' etc. 'used to be mine I'd have it back if x' etc.

Mozie this is a bloody excellent post good on you lad 🤘

Yep 100% that's fine (depending on the seller of course) . All of the lads ****ting about commenting on price only come on to when the seller isint one of the 'crew'.Otherwise there silent, have a look though the sale threads if your ****d and you'll see a load of pins being 'flipped' with pals bumping it up with comments like 'great deal', 'wish I had the money' 'I'd have it back if x, y, z' blah blah blah.. Or the crew who say 'don't comment on sales threads' none of em in this one cause the member ain't one of the crew.. I've been lambasted for commenting on ridiculously priced sales threads before because the seller is 'in' with the crew.

I'm confused. Are we saying it's fine to attempt to flip machines bought on the forum a month later for a £1200 profit without really doing anything? He's been slapped down and rightly so. There's no anti-price argument because it's indefensible.

I think that's the point really. . . it's clearly a flip. If he'd had the game for a year and found himself with a machine which had increased a bit in value then fair play.

It was just a bit brazen and I was a little surprised it was flipped on here rather than on ebay.

The shame of it is a bargain Spike 2 at less than original price didn't get listed on here today because they didn't want it flipped.

Go back through the past few months of sales threads and comment on all the obviously overpriced 'flipper' pins.. Go on I dare ya.. See what happens.. 🤣🤣🤣 This poor guy got snowballed by the mob bevause once one person posts herd mentality sets it and it's free reign for all.. lads on here commenting on prices of pins that haven't bought one in 10 years it's hilarious really

Yep 100% that's fine (depending on the seller of course) . All of the lads ****ting about commenting on price only come on to when the seller isint one of the 'crew'.Otherwise there silent, have a look though the sale threads if your ****d and you'll see a load of pins being 'flipped' with pals bumping it up with comments like 'great deal', 'wish I had the money' 'I'd have it back if x, y, z' blah blah blah.. Or the crew who say 'don't comment on sales threads' none of em in this one cause the member ain't one of the crew.. I've been lambasted for commenting on ridiculously priced sales threads before because the seller is 'in' with the crew.
I can't say I've noticed this secret cabal. I will be on the lookout.

You spelt entrepreneurial wrong
Plenty of those about, iam sure you could spot a few yourself, everyone can and it's pretty obvious. Just seems to be selectable whose threads get ****ted on and whose don't 👍

Yeah and don’t dare ask about audits
Apparently is irrelevant now…
Instead you get a back scratcher jumping in saying “I’ve played this, it’s like new”

I'm confused. Are we saying it's fine to attempt to flip machines bought on the forum a month later for a £1200 profit without really doing anything? He's been slapped down and rightly so. There's no anti-price argument because it's indefensible.

No. He's pointing out the hypocrisy/double standards. Different rules for different sellers. At least, that's how I read it.

Back
Top Bottom