What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! TWD Pro

That's so true of many premiums that they look better and light show more appealing but often extras toys etc actually detract from gameplay and pros flow much better eg twd, xmen, tf, got. Acdc for.me.only.notable exception where premium is so much better than pro.

That's so true of many premiums that they look better and light show more appealing but often extras toys etc actually detract from gameplay and pros flow much better eg twd, xmen, tf, got. Acdc for.me.only.notable exception where premium is so much better than pro.
I don't even like playing the pro ACDC. Does nothing for me. The premium is brilliant though.
Anyway sorry for the spam. Hope you find your twd

It's an okay game. Not the greatest. Twd just has a theme and gameplay that is perfectly integrated. I played on the premium twd again over the weekend. What a fantastic looking game. The left ramp isn't smooth like the pro, the extra magnet seems pointless and the crossbow just seems to get in your way as it's returning. The light show is fantastic though. I wish they had a similar show on the pro
Coming soon mate! The guy that did the metallica pro light show add on was working on TWD. I added it to my MET pro and its bloody marvelous!

Won't help with the 2nd hand market tho!

Coming soon mate! The guy that did the metallica pro light show add on was working on TWD. I added it to my MET pro and its bloody marvelous!

Won't help with the 2nd hand market tho!

I'd happily downgrade my LE when he does, but to quote the designer when I asked him last week (whilst on the topic of modding MET-Pro with his Total Lightshow):

"Yes, I was doing TWD, but never really got a lot of traction from the crowd, so I let it slide. I was really happy with getting Horde to work too! I may revisit it, but I have long since sold the game as well, so it would involve me getting another one in. I won't write it off completely, but it will be a while if it ever happens."

- July 2017

...So don't hold your breath! The pulsing red really is superb.

I'd happily downgrade my LE when he does, but to quote the designer when I asked him last week (whilst on the topic of modding MET-Pro with his Total Lightshow):

"Yes, I was doing TWD, but never really got a lot of traction from the crowd, so I let it slide. I was really happy with getting Horde to work too! I may revisit it, but I have long since sold the game as well, so it would involve me getting another one in. I won't write it off completely, but it will be a while if it ever happens."

- July 2017

Ahhhhhh bugger! :(

- July 2017

I'm guessing it's going to need aload of red leds installing for it then? Not just a case if a coding update

I can see why kiss is not popular I have spent some time on the pro and premium I do like it but it's not great
As ever code updates make huge difference.
The 1.30 code update a few weeks ago was a small one but has made a huge difference to the fun factor.
Used to have to complete the grid twice for Heavens on Fire mini-wizard mode - this was really tough and a bit of a grind.
Now they have adjusted to 1 grid completion - way, way more fun now.
And instruments carry forward.
Supposed to be one more update!

15 in the uk I bet ph have not sold more than 8 nib I think only 1 in stock electro coin hld and liberty won't have any in stock

I guess I'd better start thinking about NIB if that's the case. I haven't actually played it yet though. Anyone taking one to Northern Lights?

be patient, one will come up. I bought my premium new from Phil and its stunning. I then bought a TWD pro for the office its such a good game!

be patient, one will come up. I bought my premium new from Phil and its stunning. I then bought a TWD pro for the office its such a good game!
I'm finding it increasingly difficult not to make a trade for a twilight zone. It's such a great game though. Thinking about making the fish tank mod at the back of the playfield. They really should of had it standard on a pro

I think that will change over time now that Stern appear to design the Premium machine then take stuff out. TWD looks like a few bolt ons and I agree that with all but the bombs they have taken away from the flow of the pro, but with Ghostbusters, Star Wars and Aerosmith the have definitely taken away from the game in the pro model in my view.

TZ is my favourite B/W.
TWD is my favourite Stern.

Not sure which I prefer most, will decide when my TZ comes back from a two year loan in a few weeks :)

I wouldn't ever sell mine because I don't think there is a game I could buy that could come close to the gameplay and theme integration of TWD.

It even looks sinister.

IMG_9292.JPG
IMG_9291.JPG

Sorry Stopgap. It looks like I have added to your comments. Must try harder next time
No problem Chris.
MM is a great game. However it is well known that I am now a Stern tart exclusively. I had played (and owned) the classic DMD games for so long that I lost interest in the hobby.
My love was rekindled by switching to newer games after selling all my Bally/Williams games.

No problem Chris.
MM is a great game. However it is well known that I am now a Stern tart exclusively. I had played (and owned) the classic DMD games for so long that I lost interest in the hobby.
My love was rekindled by switching to newer games after selling all my Bally/Williams games.

I did have a Stern which I bought new-a BIBLE but I sold it as whilst I am a big fan of AC/DC the game irritated me .If I wanted to listen to the band then I would listen to a cd not just sound bites .And as for the lower playfield -don't get me started!!!
I love Aerosmith/KISS/Metallica but would not own one of their pinballs. I have to add that I saw KISS at Birmingham a couple of months ago and they were brilliant and am also going to see Metallica next month.

I did have a Stern which I bought new-a BIBLE but I sold it as whilst I am a big fan of AC/DC the game irritated me .If I wanted to listen to the band then I would listen to a cd not just sound bites .And as for the lower playfield -don't get me started!!!
I love Aerosmith/KISS/Metallica but would not own one of their pinballs. I have to add that I saw KISS at Birmingham a couple of months ago and they were brilliant and am also going to see Metallica next month.
Definitely sounds like music pins aren't for you ! :)
I used to have an aversion to Sterns. I thought they were cheap looking compared to Bally/Williams games. The gameplay, however, is on a different level to the older games and that at the end of the day is why I play.

Metallica is a brilliant game!

Back
Top Bottom