What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total Nuclear Anhililation

Huge huge thanks to Phil for sorting out the shipping for this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To me, and I know I am a newer player, is that a rather wide flipper gap?

The base for it was a Dolly Parton

They all need code updates running quite and old version.

I've got three reactors, which i did during the TPF tourney, was my only decent first game I think!

Unboxing and build quality-

Spooky's box is huge, especially considering the machine is a lot smaller than most! But its well packed, I really like how the sides are protected with foam and then shrink wrap which I think is better than Stern and CGC. not sure how JJP box machines. Comes on a pallet which was the same for AFMR.

Ran my hand round the machine and no dings or otherwise. The finish on the cabinet is very good, and the squareness of the corners just seems better than stern or even BW. There is a huge amount crammed in to this machine and a lot of connectors which are all hot-glued in and cable tied. But its a bit spaghetti simply because of the number of items in this machine, especially the lights. A nice box with the legs, which are a beautiful gunmetal grey, you have to assemble the feet onto the legs.

Biggest pain in the **** was finding the 110/220v switch. Whilst Lee and others had said Spooky had turned it to 220 I wanted to be really sure. Finally found it, its at the back of the power supply facing the back of the cabinet which a lot of cable in the way. Corner protectors built in. Mantis style cliffies on the holes. Playfield is smoooooooth. and after a couple of games no obvious ball marks. Lots of folks say Spooky has the best play fields and they might well be right. One of the switches on my right sling needs a little adjusting as it fires a lot, but I had that on my batman and AFMR so par for the course really.

I had a brown trousers moment when I booted it up, it initially came up but then went into a reboot loop. Power cycled it and it was A-OK. Will let Scott know about this. They are using rails similar to stern for moving the play field. Also watch out with the mirror blades its _VERY_ tight. You also have to put the play field down slightly differently because of the angle that it sits at.

The subbox is superb. Whilst there are no ramps or toys on this game the amount of stuff crammed into it is insane. Just thinking about the work to go from the prototype to this model is immense and I think Spooky did an amazing job considering how quickly.

On another day would I buy another Spooky machine? absolutely. Buy with confidence.

Cheers,
Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I like the idea of it and the retro modern buzz it gives. The sheer size of it will jingle my OCD way too much. IF I got one (and it's a big if right now) I'd have to keep it on it's own in another room. A bit like having an Akita and a Pug.

As much as I like the idea of it and the retro modern buzz it gives. The sheer size of it will jingle my OCD way too much. IF I got one (and it's a big if right now) I'd have to keep it on it's own in another room. A bit like having an Akita and a Pug.

Strangely, I worried about this too. My workaround is to put it in the middle of a line of five machines - I think two taller machines on each side will make it symmetrical enough for me to handle.

Back
Top Bottom