What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total Nuclear Anhililation

Awesome lightshow perfectly integrated with the amazing Daneesi soundtrack. Lightning fast. Modern yet retro. Game looks superb imo

This sums it up perfectly for me - the light show, the soundtrack and the speed are the elements that make this game something special.

I will certainly give her a go Kirk.

They are remaking 1990s Williams Games (AFM, MM), they recreated an Electromechanical (Whoa Mellons), so why not 1970s Ballys ?, I guess

It’s like a bally but has speed and great sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hang on a second. Am I right in thinking that TNA is similar to a late 70s or early 80s Bally SS in terms of gameplay, rules and depth ?

A really nice Bally SS (Flash Gordon, Medusa, Centaur ...) can still be had for 1,000 to 1,500. They are sumptuous works of art. But these TNA things cost serious money and look pretty crude from an artistic point of view. And yet they cost Addams Family, Monster Bash type money.

Why the hype ? What am I missing ?
I had the same train of thought - TNA does have the collaborative multi-player modes and also a defined goal and end to the game, and better lighting and sounds..... but as you say, the beauty of those 80's SS's is hard to ignore, especially as I've just had the honour to be able to play most of them - see the photos I've posted on the Texas Pinball Festival thread, they are works of art. Matai Hari is a lovely looking machine.

Hang on a second. Am I right in thinking that TNA is similar to a late 70s or early 80s Bally SS in terms of gameplay, rules and depth ?

A really nice Bally SS (Flash Gordon, Medusa, Centaur ...) can still be had for 1,000 to 1,500. They are sumptuous works of art. But these TNA things cost serious money and look pretty crude from an artistic point of view. And yet they cost Addams Family, Monster Bash type money.

Why the hype ? What am I missing ?

Have you played it yet?
I have it sitting next to Bally 80's games.
Plays nothing like an old Bally.
It's been coined as an 80's pin on crack.

Looks nothing like an 80's game underneath.
There's 21 coils in this thing and every light is RGB.

IMG_2603.JPG

What's the latest on getting these in the UK? I guess there's a batch coming over which are all spoken for? Last time I spoke to Spooky (admittedly it was when the game was first announced) they said people were dealing with their own international shipping, so I just wondered if there's a UK/Europe disty now?

Suspect TNA will be good on holding its value given its somewhat unique. But i think once you have it you’ll be reluctant to let it go!

not that i'll be able to reach reactor 9, let alone defeat it, that's still the continuous aim & i just think the game shouldn't forcibly end until you lose all the balls via a drain. Sounds like a video game - defeat the boss & then you see the credits, game over. Spiderman, as an example, carries on beyond the last mode - all scores doubled, brilliant.

Can you tell i played Spiderman yesterday?! Such a great machine.

not that i'll be able to reach reactor 9, let alone defeat it, that's still the continuous aim & i just think the game shouldn't forcibly end until you lose all the balls via a drain. Sounds like a video game - defeat the boss & then you see the credits, game over. Spiderman, as an example, carries on beyond the last mode - all scores doubled, brilliant.

Can you tell i played Spiderman yesterday?! Such a great machine.
The game doesn't end until you loose all balls.
If you take out all the reactors in the first or second ball you still have to plunge the last ball.
After draining the last ball with flippers inactive you still get all your bonuses of the previous balls added to your score.
You can test this by setting the menu to one reactor completion.

The game doesn't end until you loose all balls.
If you take out all the reactors in the first or second ball you still have to plunge the last ball.
After draining the last ball with flippers inactive you still get all your bonuses of the previous balls added to your score.
You can test this by setting the menu to one reactor completion.
OK, so for my feeble brain, acting this out: you plunge the ball after you've defeated all the necessary reactors (whatever number it's set to) and then what do you do next? Flip about for more points? Nothing & let it drain? Start over from zero reactors (up to whatever number it's set to)?

Is there any bonus merit in achieving the final reactor in 1 ball, or as fewer balls as possible?

I'm mega jealous of everyone who's got one. Neil get a stream going at some point!

Apparently mine is in the UK too - unfortunately I can't fit machines into my new place without removing the backbox and I don't really want to unbox it on the road, so it's being shipped to Martin at Go Pinball before coming to mine. Hopefully not too much longer to wait now!

If I’d know that I’d have got yours too as Martin lives 20 mins from me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom