What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total Nuclear Anhililation

How are you getting along with TNA Neil ?

Fantastic - can’t stop playing - left work early yesterday so I could get it back up and running :) got some decals for the targets today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ouch - haven’t seen that reported but flipper springs yes and likely the third will go. Other than the flipper springs mine is so far so good but I’ll check the cranks and the flipper stops.

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thought you might fancy that Alan, kind of retro modern. I like the look and sound of it, but am disturbed by its size :)
The size is fine for me as it would fit in well with the smaller EM's in my line up - but I can see it will not work in a std size lineup. I can't buy anything else until I know the outcome of my planning application!

The size is fine for me as it would fit in well with the smaller EM's in my line up - but I can see it will not work in a std size lineup. I can't buy anything else until I know the outcome of my planning application!

that was the hardest part of my build, I'm so impatient and knowing how useless councils are resisting the urge to phone them every day took inner peace and plenty of AFMR playing :D

Yeah I've got to sort all mine yet.. ugh

The size is fine for me as it would fit in well with the smaller EM's in my line up - but I can see it will not work in a std size lineup.

Now that I have mine, I'm not sure I agree with that:

IMG_1225.jpg

Excuse the panorama shot - they are actually in a straight line - but having it in the middle with an even number of standard size machines on either side works for me.

I've been meaning to post my initial thoughts on the game. I only moved a couple of weeks ago so I've played less than 20 games since Martin @gopinball kindly delivered it to me on Saturday - too many cardboard boxes to empty and furniture shopping trips to go on etc - but I absolutely love it so far. It's quite easily the fastest machine I've ever played, the soundtrack is incredible, and the lightshow is stunning. Yes, the rules are simple - but the risk/reward decisions you have to make, especially in multiplayer, give it more depth than you might expect. Can't wait to get many, many more games in on it. It's also pretty damn difficult - the furthest I've got so far is reactor 5, which I failed to destroy - so reaching number 9 is going to take quite a game. I'm also a huge fan of the ball save feature which can be earned via the in and outlanes - saving a ball is a great feeling, whereas losing a ball when you have one ready is hugely frustrating. It's a clever concept which rewards and punishes in equal measures and I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been done before.

The only criticism I have so far is that it's the loudest game I've ever owned by quite some margin - not in terms of the soundtrack but the noise of the coils firing. Not quite sure why as the build quality seems to be fine. Small criticism to have when the game is this good though, especially as it becomes a non-issue if you turn the volume up - the speakers are good but the bass unit is great. If you're on the fence I highly recommend getting over to Tilt when they get one in, as I have the feeling it'll be one of those games people either get or don't get, and that you'll know which camp you're in pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Looks fab like that, I stand corrected - I should have said - "I can see why it won't work for some (OCD type) people in their std size lineup" ;)

Don't think I could live with it in the middle of a std line-up. Just looks far too odd with the height of the playfield and backbox. Don't understand why they didn't make it at least the same height as a std playfield. Will Alice Cooper be similar in size too.

Alice cooper is different to TNA - looks more like a std size to me, but best check exact dimensions if you're gonna get one. TNA, IMHO just wouldn't work in the modern std cab as these are for playfields that need height. TNA is not a high playfield, it's flat like the older machines.

Now that I have mine, I'm not sure I agree with that:

View attachment 63431

Excuse the panorama shot - they are actually in a straight line - but having it in the middle with an even number of standard size machines on either side works for me.

I've been meaning to post my initial thoughts on the game. I only moved a couple of weeks ago so I've played less than 20 games since Martin @gopinball kindly delivered it to me on Saturday - too many cardboard boxes to empty and furniture shopping trips to go on etc - but I absolutely love it so far. It's quite easily the fastest machine I've ever played, the soundtrack is incredible, and the lightshow is stunning. Yes, the rules are simple - but the risk/reward decisions you have to make, especially in multiplayer, give it more depth than you might expect. Can't wait to get many, many more games in on it. It's also pretty damn difficult - the furthest I've got so far is reactor 5, which I failed to destroy - so reaching number 9 is going to take quite a game. I'm also a huge fan of the ball save feature which can be earned via the in and outlanes - saving a ball is a great feeling, whereas losing a ball when you have one ready is hugely frustrating. It's a clever concept which rewards and punishes in equal measures and I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been done before.

The only criticism I have so far is that it's the loudest game I've ever owned by quite some margin - not in terms of the soundtrack but the noise of the coils firing. Not quite sure why as the build quality seems to be fine. Small criticism to have when the game is this good though, especially as it becomes a non-issue if you turn the volume up - the speakers are good but the bass unit is great. If you're on the fence I highly recommend getting over to Tilt when they get one in, as I have the feeling it'll be one of those games people either get or don't get, and that you'll know which camp you're in pretty quickly.

great photo! you just need to adjust the color [DMD] in TWD :)

Think i'm sold on TNA at some stage.

Wow, we have a few OCD types on here, I can't believe some of you won't own it because its a different size or shape to other machines in your line-up. I probably won't own one because it's £6600. If it was £5k ( in my dreams ) I'd already have one.

Agree - OCD, SchmOCD. Also agree on the price, it does seem like it should be around the £5k mark. It is more expensive than an Iron Maiden Pro which looks pretty loaded, but there is more to the price than the BOM. I had no interest when it was announced but it has now definitely peaked my interest.

Also agree on the price, it does seem like it should be around the £5k mark. It is more expensive than an Iron Maiden Pro which looks pretty loaded, but there is more to the price than the BOM.

There’s a surprising amount under the playfield on TNA - wouldn’t be surprised if the BOM exceeds Iron Maiden.

Also, the music on TNA is much better!

Agree - OCD, SchmOCD. Also agree on the price, it does seem like it should be around the £5k mark. It is more expensive than an Iron Maiden Pro which looks pretty loaded, but there is more to the price than the BOM. I had no interest when it was announced but it has now definitely peaked my interest.

The stuff on TNA I expect isn’t that must cost difference between MET other than the custom toys- it’s got a ton of coils LED and a LCD display - huge amp and epic subwoofer with a box that it sits in. Beautiful metal grey coated legs and a backbox and cabinet that feels on another level to me. All the parts are williams parts (who ever makes them these days anyway!)

Managed to miss it at both Lee's and Jim's. I like the band modern & retro look of it, I just wish it was standard size!

Back
Top Bottom