What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Total Nuclear Anhililation

Wow! Didn't realise there was a size difference. I was expecting it to be the standard build. Interesting!

@Neil McRae Will it be taking a brief 'holiday' to FlipOut as previously suggested? Very keen to have a go and see what all the hype is about.

Good job getting these in the UK chaps! Really want to get in on it but so much other boring stuff going on right now :(

There's a location near me right now that has one so am going to head down there later to get my fix.

Had a blast playing both TNA's last night. Big thanks to @philpalmer and also Lee for an absolutely brilliant nights pinball and chat.

So, having followed my friend Scotts progress with TNA over the last few years and helped out on a couple of things during the prototype stage, i was eager to play it and see the end result and i was seriously impressed by it. Never even thought about ramps, infact as soon as i pressed start and that bass kicked in, i pretty much forgot about every other pinball :)

Had a lot of fun playing it both solo and with friends. Myself, @chris b and @Chris had a lot of fun stealing each others locked balls, aswell as nailing the 'quick lock' shot :)

I think the game is truly brilliant and something that adds a lot of variety to the games room. If you have the chance to check out the one at tilt soon, or Neil's then i really would do so, you won't be disappointed.

A couple of pics you may not have seen. The backless is screen printed, a nice touch and the sub chamber has some tuned bass ports to aswell as a wooden enclosure. Details that often get costed out

IMG_1375.JPG IMG_1376.JPG IMG_1381.JPG fullsizeoutput_bb0.jpeg

Also a pic of the power supply section. 2 std switched mode supplies, 1 48VDC and 1 12v/5v DC. 1 48vDC filter board and a 5v/12v dc distro board. Pretty neat and today solution for a modern pinball design.

IMG_1390.JPG

So, what was the general consensus from those who played it last night? I'm looking for reasons not to want it so I can stop thinking about it :confused:. I suppose time will tell whether it has enough about it to be a 'keeper', or if it is going to get old quickly.

After playing for around an hour I do like it but I think I could spend my money on better games it was in a top end collection of games last night and most people played and liked it but you soon saw people drifting off to play other games it certainly has novelty factor but no real depth and I would think you would be bored quickly it’s one you really need to play to make up your mind it will soon be in tilt for public play

I bet Gary Stern is eyeing this up and thinking he can cut some costs by making machines 20% smaller and 20% more expensive.

new code - inc co-op modes!

http://www.scottdanesi.com/?p=1388

Here is the changelog:

v1.2.0.00 – 04/08/2018 – Scott Danesi

## Bugs Fixed ##
– Quickshot video lag issue fixed.
– Adjusted debounce on top CORE rollovers, now will not miss hits off the upper flipper
– Fix for stuck 4x multiplier in multiball
– Lightshow stuck lamp issue fixed
– Flipper hold boost PWM patterns changed to minimize heat and noise
– Ball save issue after reactor destroyed fixed
– Fixed ball save issue during multiball
– Major performance update for lightshows – Thank you Josh Kugler!
– More secret skillshot bug fixes (now worth 100,000 points)
– Lightshow handling updates to prevent rare stuck on lights issue
– Lots of other little things that were bugging me that are not worth mentioning

## Features Added / Modifications ##
– Added target free game setting in coin op settings for operators to control advanced match logic
– Co Op Mode added!
– Team VS Mode added!
– New Jackpot voice callouts
– Kill target locations now regenerate if you hit 20 unlit kill targets – protects location
play if a target gets broken. This is also a setting in the service menu
(Critical Target Miss Threshold)
– Sound volume setting no longer in service menu
– Removed trough jam and warning messages from LCD
– Service Menu now highlights settings that have been changed from the default value
– Super spinner now gets harder to achieve each time it is earned
– Orbit combo logic and scoring reworked now with multipliers!
– Bonus tally can now be skipped to the total bonus screen by pressing both flipper buttons
– Ball save for multiball is now independently adjustable in the service menu
– Ball save on reactor destroy now adds 5 seconds to the current ball save or starts a new 5 second
ball save

For me I think it has plenty of legs. To destroy 9 reactors is going to take 1 mega game of serious skill. As I play it more I find more and more depth. Lots of multi level items not just basic rules

I also enjoy a wide collection of games. Different eras, types, makes, sizes. If you like this type of thing you then I believe this game would fit nicely in. If you like a line of modern sterns then maybe not or if you only have space for 1

Best thing though is go play it and decide for yourself. Simple

Interesting stuff... was miffed not to get over to play it last night but had prior commitments. Heard good reports so far anyway.

Any lack of depth suits me as never remember complex rules, it looks and sounds great and the cab size.... well would suit me and my height too ! Would just need to sit it next to something similar sized. :D

Hopefully get to play it soon so can stop mulling... and decide whether or not a small cull is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom