What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Very cool!

I tried to find an Alien Star last year but gave up and now space has gone:(

Cheers. Yeah been looking for one ever since I spotted it in pinball book many years ago. Love the artwork... came from Germany in the end and not particularly cheap... and with undisclosed faults. :tut:

Today I received... Spider-man

My very first pin! :)
What a fine choice for a first game. Welcome to the addiction. Start looking around your house for things you can get rid of to make space. You might as well do it now, it is inevitable that you're going to need the space. :rofl:

What a fine choice for a first game. Welcome to the addiction. Start looking around your house for things you can get rid of to make space. You might as well do it now, it is inevitable that you're going to need the space. :rofl:
Dining room furniture is over rated and underused, get rid and start looking for the next pin (unless your already doing that).

Dining room furniture is over rated and underused, get rid and start looking for the next pin (unless your already doing that).

My thoughts exactly! I made room for the first pin by shoving our dining room table into a corner. To get a second pin in the table would have to go into storage...

My thoughts exactly! I made room for the first pin by shoving our dining room table into a corner. To get a second pin in the table would have to go into storage...
What's wrong with that? It's exactly what I did to start off with.

What's wrong with that? It's exactly what I did to start off with.

Nothing IMO! :)

It's all a balancing act with what the other half will put up with though... I count myself lucky I've got this far! She's been pretty understanding with how things stand.

Coloured Gel acetate to turn the white FUEL inserts on Metallica into Red, Orange, Yellow and Green. Had to do a bit of mixing and matching, and doubling/tripling up to get the correct shades. Looks much better now, and better than the photos which have washed the colour out a bit.
What a fantastic game Metallica is. Got to Seek & Destroy tonight for the first time:clap:

20170614_164308.jpg 20170616_212150.jpg 20170616_212311.jpg

Last edited:
Coloured Gel acetate to turn the white FUEL inserts on Metallica into Red, Orange, Yellow and Green. Had to do a bit of mixing and matching, and doubling/tripling up to get the correct shades. Looks much better now, and better than the photos which have washed the colour out a bit.
What a fantastic game Metallica is. Got to Seek & Destroy tonight for the first time:clap:

View attachment 47349 View attachment 47350 View attachment 47351

View attachment 47349 View attachment 47350 View attachment 47351
Looks Great, if you have left overs I made the crosses and the main cross above the flippers purple, left the sparky switches white, made the ball lock and coffin above the flippers red and made the snake above the flippers amber to tie in with the pf ones. Really adds some separation to the targets imo

Looks Great, if you have left overs I made the crosses and the main cross above the flippers purple, left the sparky switches white, made the ball lock and coffin above the flippers red and made the snake above the flippers amber to tie in with the pf ones. Really adds some separation to the targets imo
Good idea, I'll have a look into that :thumbs: Always thought the snake inserts should have been green.

About 18 months ago I bought a backglass for my Barracora as mine was in very poor shape. The guy selling it is in Brussels and I thought ‘I’m bound to be passing through Belgium or France soon, I’ll pick it up then.’ Anyway 18 months on and none of my expected drives to Europe materialised. Then my walking buddy, who is a military historian, announced that he wanted to visit the WW1 battlefields of Verdun. So we made it a joint trip to pick up the glass and tour the battlefields.

The guy I bought it from is Bruno, who runs BXLCOM from where he sells old and new pinballs and a variety of other collectible stuff. He sells from his website and doesn’t have a showroom setup. He will get out the machine or part you are interested in but doesn’t have space in his workshop to keep much on display.

Anyway I found him friendly and helpful…and very patient, waiting 18 months for me to collect my glass. Here is his website.

https://bxlcom.com/category/flipper-pinball

M061717.jpg

N061717.jpg

O061717.jpg

Y061717.jpg

Back
Top Bottom