What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Some little speaker wotsits from a very kind jetsetting forum member:
IMG_6384.JPG

And some bits of nerdy artwork back from a retired framer up the road who does this for beer money:
IMG_6385.JPG IMG_6386.JPG IMG_6387.JPG

Curious to see the SR Avatar design that never made it to production.

Last edited:
Man, I've got so much **** that needs framing. Think I might try and learn, rather than remortgage and get it all done professionally

J.C.Rox's 'Lovely RFM' arrived this week. It really is a thing of beauty. I'm totally loving this machine. How an 18 year old pinball can still be in this condition I have no idea.
20170515_150648.jpg

Kids loved it too....

Here's one you don't see very often :D Picked up this Data East Torpedo Alley yesterday. Big thanks to @JMP for organising the deal and good to see @replicas round there too :thumbs: I'll be on the hunt for a couple of Bally spinners as they're missing (have been replaced with wireform gates) and it's had Gottlieb flipper mechs fitted so need to decide whether to try and hunt down original DE ones or replace with more modern Bally/Williams (which I quite like the idea of). If anyone has any of this stuff then please give me a shout!

Rare game with only 1000 produced back in 1988 and has one of the cheesiest translates ever made as well as awesome music!

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

Ha! Greatest backglass ever! Never played the game - is it any good??

All pinball machines are good ...... but some are gooder than others :D

The backglass is Gottlieb-tastic in its sheer oddness. It's like some old VHS skin flick cover ....... 'The all girl crew get more than they bargained for in Torpedo Alley' :rofl:

All pinball machines are good ...... but some are gooder than others :D

The backglass is Gottlieb-tastic in its sheer oddness. It's like some old VHS skin flick cover ....... 'The all girl crew get more than they bargained for in Torpedo Alley' :rofl:
You've obviously not played Wrestlemania. :)

Never played the game - is it any good??

Seems to be so far :D It's very fast with a lot of dangerous shots in the lower half of the playfield. I want to replace the flipper mechs as the Gottlieb ones are ok but not the right feel for it.

Rules I've figured out so far:
  • There are 3 sets of 3 bank standup targets, yellow, green and white. Shoot each target in a bank to light it and when you've got all 3 it lights the sink ship insert. Shoot the bank again (any target) and it sinks the ship. The little ship under the pf is supposed to move in a sinking motion but not sure if it's working on mine so needs looking at.
  • Doing that also lights one of the same colour torpedo inserts above the flippers. If you get one of each colour lit in a column then it lights the orbit shots for "Destroy the fleet" which is on a 20 second timer. Hit one of the orbits to score a mini jackpot.
  • If you light 3 full columns of torpedo inserts then it lights the proper jackpot but I don't know how its collected.
  • It's got a kickback on the left outlane that can be re-lit by hitting the yellow standup target when that's lit, but I don't know how to light it.
  • There's a 2 or 3 ball multiball depending on what order you shoot the locks in. Shoot the right lock first then when you hit the left lock it starts a 2 ball multi. Shoot the left lock first and you can either start a 2 ball by hitting the left lock again or shoot the right lock to lock a 2nd ball and then hit the left lock to start 3 ball multi.
  • I don't think there's any jackpots in multiball although I'm not sure on this. I think you just use it to sink ships quicker.
  • The lanes at the top are for bonus x but also spot coloured stand up shots too.
  • There's a 3 bank drop target top right but I don't know what that does yet. You hit it with the upper right flipper which in the pic is hidden behind the right hand side grey thing.
  • It's supposed to have 2 spinners (one on each orbit) that have a cool sound effect tied to them so I need to get some replacements.
It's a fun game, really quick with awesome music and sound effects. The multi ball start is a siren going off and someone shouting "Dive! Dive! Dive!"

I already know I'm going to be taking it to bits soon :oops:

Torpedo Alley is a great game, the music and lighting effects are really good. I'm sh*t with rules but @lukewells is your man to explain it.

Looks great setup in its place Chris. :thumbs:

Today i received.....

Still no Bloody broadband internet....

It's been 4 days now.... FFS Virgin sort your lives out!

Yep I'm loving it but seem to have developed Tourette's overnight
I rarely swear at pinball machines but called IM a clucking barsteward tonight after lighting Do Or Die Hurry Up and not even getting a shot at it before the ball drained. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom