What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Cheers Daz. I hadn't really banked on getting one, despite wanting one. I just happened to see it for sale on ukvac thinking i wouldn't stand a chance!!! Turns out I was first on the button..... which was nice....... until I had to find the cash!!!!

Just checked this out on you tube, looks like a bit of fun especially with a few beers.

Bit disappointed as I hoped it would vend an ice cold beer if you completed it.

Turns out they also made a family friendly version where you climb a mountain.

Just checked this out on you tube, looks like a bit of fun especially with a few beers.

Bit disappointed as I hoped it would vend an ice cold beer if you completed it.

Turns out they also made a family friendly version where you climb a mountain.

Yeah zekes Peake or something like that. Never actually seen one of those but I actually prefer the art it.

If you complete the game, a star is lit on the control panel which would signify to the bar steward you have won an ice cold beer!!!

Managed to get to the post office to pay my fees. Here we have a lovely little order from Marcos that means I can now crack on with the rebuild of Rocky & Bullwinkle. I've picked up a set of decals because the hat trick targets had the stickers coming off them; not sure if I actually need the others but will check - if not then always good to have spares. Also grabbed a set of BOMB targets (they seem the be very slightly wider than the originals but think it should all still be ok), new flipper bats and a flipper rebuild kit.

Nice!!
20170513_102607.jpg

I also got some of these screws which I was hoping would be suitable for refitting the light PCB's to the bottom of the playfield. I've got at least 2 or 3 light boards which are missing a screw.

20170513_102618.jpg

Alas, it's not to be. They're the right head size and the right length but the screws themselves are too 'fat', if that makes sense. If anyone has any ideas where I can get a #8 hex screw that's 3/4" long with a thinner body then i'd be very grateful. My OCD won't allow me to consider it a finished job until all screws are accounted for and back in place.

Yeah zekes Peake or something like that. Never actually seen one of those but I actually prefer the art it.

If you complete the game, a star is lit on the control panel which would signify to the bar steward you have won an ice cold beer!!!
I suppose it's down to gambling and licensing law's, which I can understand but even still would be great if it spat out a beer once you won the game.

Still a nice addition to the games room, looks good.

I got Martin to deliver mate. Have you got outrun yet?

Outrun is still with James waiting for a new marquee to come from the States. Hopefully won't be too much longer but I need to make space for it anyway as Wizard is sat in it's spot at the moment :D

More of @PinballDaze LEDs this time on a 50 year old EM :eek: Some of the old 44s ran very hot as they fail (dim) and I want to preserve the vgc plastics set and bumper caps (when I get them). Red milky dome LEDs around back arch (same setup as @myPinballs Cosmos), Warm milky dome around back (so far), Natural milky dome under pops and 4SMD on ROCKET inserts. (Note in photo machine last set to 5NP for 2 games, those were the days - I could do with a few old 5p coins if anybody has any spare)

20170513_205811_001.jpg

Old British 5p Pence Coins - 1968-1989. Clean Circulated Great British Coin Hunt
Me too, £1.55 per 5p coin is a bit rich for me:eek: What I've learned from that ad is that 5NP coins were released in 1968 pre-decimilisation (1971) so that could be the original pricing and coin mech.

Fantastic Andy.

I presume that was at Horrorcon? I didn't even know it existed but your post on here made me do a bit of digging; gutted I missed it as both me and the wife are huge horror fans and it's only up the road from us too. We had respite so could have made a day of it.

Cassandra Peterson still looks absolutely incredible for her age.

Fantastic Andy.

I presume that was at Horrorcon? I didn't even know it existed but your post on here made me do a bit of digging; gutted I missed it as both me and the wife are huge horror fans and it's only up the road from us too. We had respite so could have made a day of it.

Cassandra Peterson still looks absolutely incredible for her age.

Yes @Wiredworm this was at Horrorcon. You missed a good event - its on every year at that location, and there are a few other Horror conventions appearing around England now also.

Cassandra looks amazing......had to get a photo with her - ignore me and just look at her (I was doing my Otis impression from The Devils Rejects)

HorrorCon-ElviraAndy.jpg

Me too, £1.55 per 5p coin is a bit rich for me:eek: What I've learned from that ad is that 5NP coins were released in 1968 pre-decimilisation (1971) so that could be the original pricing and coin mech.

14 x 1 shilling coins ended yesterday, no bids £2.19 inc postage

Got this in the post today...

20170515_121358.jpg

I dont actually know what Im doing with it but hopefully it will help fix the Atari Middle earth that isn't booting.

Stab the legs of the chips with it to see if theres stuff happening? Thats about the extent of my knowledge.

A logic probe essentially tells you the output status of chips. So it will tell you if a particular leg of a chip is high (1) or low (0).
Now (for example) if you have a locked on solenoid you can check the logic all the way through the circuit to see where the locked on high signal occurs.

You need to be able to read circuit diagrams really.

Got back from Denmark today to find that this little lot had been delivered from @PeteB.

I've only taking the film strip off one of the plastic just to look at just how good they are; and i'm really super pleased. They look absolutely fantastic. A big thumbs up from me.

I'll post more photos when they're ready to be fitted with the films all removed.

20170518_095736.jpg

Never thought I would get this lucky. A set of Iron Man plastics for £50 (plus postage and import from the US). There are a couple missing (which I don't need).

IMG_8280.JPG

Back
Top Bottom