What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Re X-Force;

There was also a seat (incorporating speakers in the head-rest) available with the machine, which I recall being attached when it was at trade shows, etc. It was held in place by the front feet.

There was also a seat (incorporating speakers in the head-rest) available with the machine, which I recall being attached when it was at trade shows, etc. It was held in place by the front feet.

I've seen this on the flyer :thumbs: If anyone knows where one might be then I'd be interested in knowing as that would be an awesome find. There's a knob inside the coin door for balancing the sound between the backbox speakers and those in the seat.

Re X-Force;

Maaaan, you're like a walking Pinball encyclopaedia. Fascinating to hear. You should write a book :)

Convolux green protectors from Germany and TITAN glow rubbers from Texas.

Anyone spot the other difference on this playfield? IMG_1853.JPG

Great game. Had mine for a lot of years. Add-a-ball multiball.
Agree. Such a fun game. Loved having it.

Add A Ball multiballs are awesome. Rock Star Multi on The Stones is one of my faves ever..... hitting Keith to add whilst that bastard Mick tries to block you! .... the most fun you can have with an aging rock star on a stick [emoji3]

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Agree. Such a fun game. Loved having it.

Add A Ball multiballs are awesome. Rock Star Multi on The Stones is one of my faves ever..... hitting Keith to add whilst that bastard Mick tries to block you! .... the most fun you can have with an aging rock star on a stick [emoji3]

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
I would have thought that geriatric rockers on a stick would be an endless stream of super-fun-happy stimulation ?

The result of my road trip to Truro on Friday wasn't pinball related but this sweet Dino King cab along with a set of custom artwork for it. This is a change of pace project to the usual pin stuff and the plan is to wire a Sega Megadrive into it (the art is for my favourite Megadrive game and one of my fav games of all time). Huge thanks to Olly @Muddymusic for hooking me up with the cab and creating the art :thumbs:

IMG_0750.jpg

The result of my road trip to Truro on Friday wasn't pinball related but this sweet Dino King cab along with a set of custom artwork for it. This is a change of pace project to the usual pin stuff and the plan is to wire a Sega Megadrive into it (the art is for my favourite Megadrive game and one of my fav games of all time). Huge thanks to Olly @Muddymusic for hooking me up with the cab and creating the art :thumbs:

View attachment 50009

Not being funny but 'What The Actual **** Is That'?????

Sega Dino King :thumbs: It's a rock paper scissors game where you buy cards from an in built dispenser, swipe them on the control panel and it creates a character that you then use.

It's got a sweet 14in 15KHz RGB monitor and I've got a replacement control panel for a joystick and buttons to mimic Megadrive controls. I think Megadrives output RGB so I need to figure out how to connect it to the monitor, hack a Megadrive pad for the controls and wire in the cab speaker. Then a full custom art package of side art, kick plate, control panel, marquee and instruction card based on one of may favourite games :D

Sega Dino King :thumbs: It's a rock paper scissors game where you buy cards from an in built dispenser, swipe them on the control panel and it creates a character that you then use.

It's got a sweet 14in 15KHz RGB monitor and I've got a replacement control panel for a joystick and buttons to mimic Megadrive controls. I think Megadrives output RGB so I need to figure out how to connect it to the monitor, hack a Megadrive pad for the controls and wire in the cab speaker. Then a full custom art package of side art, kick plate, control panel, marquee and instruction card based on one of may favourite games :D

View attachment 50009
I think I had a few cards knocking around from years ago, fairly fun game but from lurking on jammaplus and ukvac for a few years I have noticed that these cabs have been gobbled up to be converted to jamma / groovymame cabs. Dare I ask what megadrive game is it you're talking about or will that ruin the surprise ? I do enjoy my dads copy of gynoug & robocop v terminator on his megadrive.

View attachment 50009

No way!!!!
Look what turned up with me last week - Not from Truro, however from "up North"...

DK.jpg

I managed to bag a full set of cards with it though, so good for a while... :)

There's a few Conversion threads over on Jamma+, however this one might help....
http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/fo...9&PN=1&title=dino-king-jamma-conversion-stuff

Cheers!
Paul

I'd recommend the mark 1 Mega Drive as its RGB output is superior to the mark 2. Also recommend getting an Everdrive to save swapping games over. Great bit of kit

I'd recommend the mark 1 Mega Drive as its RGB output is superior to the mark 2

Thanks for the info, do you think it'll need a video amplifier? I'm hoping I can just buy one of the RBG cables and then wire that into the monitor connection rather than hack up the MD.

Dont drink and go online....
Bought this while drunk on Friday.
My first EM .

1971 gottlieb playball
IMG_20170807_173855.jpg

Needs glass,
Needs legs,
Needs to be painted.
Needs all new bulb holders.how can they all be rusted...............

Spent a few hours on it allready and have it playing.
Who is the EM guru here ?I've sorted 95% of the mechanics but the match feature is not working.

Thanks for the info, do you think it'll need a video amplifier? I'm hoping I can just buy one of the RBG cables and then wire that into the monitor connection rather than hack up the MD.

Just asked a buddy of mine who has several consoles converted for his cabs. I'll let you know what he comes back with if it's of any use. Is that cab you have jamma?

No its not Jamma, it's Sega's own setup. Any advice from your mate would be massively appreciated, thanks :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom