What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Got one of these over the weekend for a poorly BSD.

ksarcade.net_media_catalog_product_cache_1_image_a449636a7e0327a12453e7ee4d97c439_m_p_mpu089bu_b.jpg

Also got one of these last week:

www.pinballnews.com_learn_dmdextender_2.jpg

And turned a poorly Frank into this:

i60.tinypic.com_ol14w.jpg

Franks head needs replacing, once i've fitted the futaba servo..

Previous owner had it 4 years.
Didn't know you could take the glass/back glass off!
nearly every bulb gone and a credit dot.
few games and the dot cleared!:clap:

White Water is another game, like Getaway, which tends to develop a false 'credit dot'; was it 'BigFoot Cave'?.
Nice to see original cards, too.

Yes big foots cave!
I hate orginal cards too.Altho I always keep them.
Getting some nice ones done today.
Machine had the orginal williams envelope inside with some spares.some fish tales spares too.

Also got one of these last week:

www.pinballnews.com_learn_dmdextender_2.jpg

And turned a poorly Frank into this:

i60.tinypic.com_ol14w.jpg

Franks head needs replacing, once i've fitted the futaba servo..

My frankies screen looks like it may be going south so might need to look at a replacement down the line, what size of screen did you use ?

Good eye Nedreud!. Mine has a lot of the same or similar differences but it's good enough for me. It's better than the battered apron I have atm, and without the original to compare to once it's fitted who is gonna notice? I WILL NOW YOU'VE POINTED IT OUT! lol :mad: grrrr. Seriously it will do for me.
Problem is after seeing some fantastic restorations on flipjuke.fr I now don't want anything less! ;)

I created a thread on here, http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/apron-restoration-method-on-flipjuke-fr.14042/, with a rough Google translation from the original French and all the pictures.

Today I got a three way valve for my central heating/water system,so i can hopefully fix it tomorrow

So much for playing pins with Nick Fury like I was supposed too :mad:

My frankies screen looks like it may be going south so might need to look at a replacement down the line, what size of screen did you use ?

I used a standard 17" hp monitor screen, took it all apart mounted it on some plywood. Wired a kettle lead to the psu, jobs a good un..

Not today, but a week ago I got my Ball Knockout back from the really nice gents at http://www.pinballparlour.co.uk/

I had overcome some of the issues it had since buying it but when a coil started smoking I waved the white flag and called in the experts to help. Really glad I did as their service was fantastic, really nice blokes and the support they gave me afterwards has been superb.

Here's a quick video of it:

In the week since I've had it back, I've already played on this table a combined amount more than the year or so since I bought it! Great stuff, massive thanks to Pete and Phil.

They have also put me in contact with someone who is an expert at solid state repair, who I've just started speaking to about my Sega Star Wars Trilogy so hopefully soon I'll have both of my pinball machines fully working! Woo Hoo :)

Cheers,

Johnny

I used a standard 17" hp monitor screen, took it all apart mounted it on some plywood. Wired a kettle lead to the psu, jobs a good un..

Cheers, that sounds easy enough as I have access to some 17" monitors (hp and dell I think)

Thanks for info, must look at a dmd extender in the mean time

Nice one Dan, your going to be spending a bit more time in the games room now then.
Cracking machine, I thought about it long and hard when I found out it could be up for sale
You've got one kick ass machine there Pal.

Back
Top Bottom