What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

That is a thing of absolute beauty! Won't even begin to imagine how much that cost to import across the pond but it's going to make a beautiful machine one day...

Wow, I just did a sex wee. That is going to look awesome especially when you think of how knackered most F14's are. Great to see people going over the top with these older games

Did that come from the coinop warehouse guy on facebook by any chance? He seems to have quite the treasure trove.

Did that come from the coinop warehouse guy on facebook by any chance?

Nope, this one didn't. Ron Kruzman posted a list of playfields he was looking to sell on pinside a few weeks back. I've been needing an F14 playfield for months as my cab is empty at the moment. Rick at PPS has been saying since Jan/Feb this year that they're "almost done" but I've more or less given up and then this one came up so I took the plunge. Only PITA is that it needs drilling and dimpling, but that'll be something to do this weekend.

That pile on facebook is pretty cool though....

That Kruzman guy sure does fantastic work. I have never seen such a lovely F14 playfield. :thumbs: If it were mine i'd have to lick every square inch for about 12 hours daily.

Actually with this one it was already clearcoated. He did some extra sanding / polishing as it wasn't as smooth as it could be in places but it's not a "full Ron". If you catch it in the right light there are a couple of small imperfections, but once it's populated and in the machine nobody is going to notice and it's going to look cool. On here someone is doing a sex wee about it, someone wants to lick it and on pinside someone wants to take it to bed. Maybe I don't want to bring this to a show next year after all :)

One of these to pretty up my Medusa a little. Need to get some matching paint now to repaint the apron before applying the decal.

i1286.photobucket.com_albums_a610_kevlarx65_KGrHqZmE1FywGKDoBNg5sEpZNw_3_zps23a1dd0d.jpg

More Mods !!!!!

A couple of bits for the IM, and the laser cut rails and hinges for the Tron along with the Flynn Sign. Just got to get the rails chromed.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

The Screwfix ones are not as good quality. Having said that they do the job and are a good price. Just a little rough around the edges.

Did the Tron rails come from the guy doing the group buy on Pinside? I missed out on that but really wanted these. :(

The same place, it seems fine to me but i haven't fitted it yet. What didn't you like about it?
Wasn't very impressed with the overall quality. The decal wasn't shiny unlike the original paint job, more of of a dimpled matt sheen. But worst of all you could tell all the pin-striping had been hand drawn on a computer using Paint. It's not symmetrical, the corners are not nicely curved and the lines aren't all the same thickness.

Notice how the blue gap between the vertical red lines is noticeably wider on the left than the right:

farm4.staticflickr.com_3749_11465679525_64f9074237_c.jpg

But compare against an original:

paragon_2[1].jpg

• The main Bally logo is at the wrong angle, isn't large enough and doesn't have a double outline.
  • The red pinball is missing from the centre of the "V"
  • Fonts are all wrong
  • The word PINBALL is too small
And a host of other minor imperfections. Basically, very amateurish. The drop-targets and bumper caps were fairly good. Not perfect, but good. The decal is just tosh. It cost about £15 and would be that again to return for a refund, so I'm just taking it on the chin and marking it up to experience. Only duff thing I've bought so far and I won't make the same mistake twice.

farm6.staticflickr.com_5535_11465727654_2d10259453_c.jpg

farm3.staticflickr.com_2888_11465837883_3d8dbb41af_c.jpg

Good eye Nedreud!. Mine has a lot of the same or similar differences but it's good enough for me. It's better than the battered apron I have atm, and without the original to compare to once it's fitted who is gonna notice? I WILL NOW YOU'VE POINTED IT OUT! lol :mad: grrrr. Seriously it will do for me.

Back
Top Bottom