What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

A wifi enabled smart plug socket turned up today :hmm: I've paired it with my Amazon Echo and now I can walk into my kitchen, say "Alexa, turn on pinball" and all 3 games in there come to life.....it's f*cking awesome :D
Wow moderntechnology is amazing, soon you'll be able to play a real pinball machine from your smartphone!

Joking aside, if that's what floats your boat then I hope you have many happy years with your voice activated switch.

Does that mean that Mrs Ronsplooter can turn your machines off when it's time for your dinner or if she's had enough of telling you to stop playing with your games?:hmm:

A wifi enabled smart plug socket turned up today :hmm: I've paired it with my Amazon Echo and now I can walk into my kitchen, say "Alexa, turn on pinball" and all 3 games in there come to life.....it's f*cking awesome :D

Chris - have you a link pls? Cheers

Chris - have you a link pls? Cheers

It was this one but I got it on a black friday deal for about 20 quid

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-Co...e=UTF8&qid=1480203263&sr=8-3&keywords=tp-link

oking aside, if that's what floats your boat then I hope you have many happy years with your voice activated switch.

Does that mean that Mrs Ronsplooter can turn your machines off when it's time for your dinner or if she's had enough of telling you to stop playing with your games?:hmm:

Dude, wtf? I posted about it for a laugh. Read your comment again and tell me it doesn't come off as being a bit dickish?

Sorry I wasn't out to cause offence. I can be a bit old fashioned sometimes, not use to telling something to work and it does it.

Point taken.

What's it like Kev ? Never even seen one, let alone played one.
Its actually quite good fun. I hadn't seen one before either apart from videos. Its great when the ball is zipping around the track during multiball, not sure how long that will be amusing though lol.

I enjoyed Grand Prix the only time I played it (at Mike Parkins' place about 6 years ago), no doubt when you fancy a change, someone else will fancy it. It's always good to see something a bit different to the usual suspects.

It's a great fun game. The eject from the car in the middle can be brutal if it's not set up nice and level. I love the way the multiball starts with the balls doing circuits of the playfield.

Yeah the racetrack is pretty unique, like a giant getaway supercharger. I haven't seen more than 1 ball on the track at a time so far, anyone know if its possible? ( without an airball :) ). Wonder how many were made? ( IPDB has no numbers on GP or Nascar, but has ~600 for the Dale JR version ) there doesn't seem to be many around.

Its actually quite good fun. I hadn't seen one before either apart from videos. Its great when the ball is zipping around the track during multiball, not sure how long that will be amusing though lol.
Good man. I don't mind taking a shot on a game I have never played before either. I hadn't seen or played either WPT or CSI before I bought them but I love them both.

My LED OCD board arrived. It;'s going in TOTAN tomorrow. One half of me hopes it'll be pronounceably better and one half worries if it is, it's going to cost me a lot of money with 10 other machines having LEDs.

My LED OCD board arrived. It;'s going in TOTAN tomorrow. One half of me hopes it'll be pronounceably better and one half worries if it is, it's going to cost me a lot of money with 10 other machines having LEDs.
The simpler your leds; the better the effect.

TOTAN already looks good, I just wanted to see what the fuss was about in the purist chatter. If it makes an already lovely looking pin better, so be it. If I can't notice then meh :)

20161202_214523.jpg Had a few packages from Judge Dreads this week. Topper and upper playfield lighting mods. Today got the under cabinet lighting mod:

So the LED OCD... I didn't realise the card does either GI or lamps. To be fair, misleading and a rip off, why would I order a card that just fades GI?

In other news, I saved a lot of money since I won't get one for each of the other 11 machines.

Today I got LEDs in SS and WH20 and mirrors in GNR. All good - cheers Baz.

I've just received a tube full of backglass posters from @steve brum . Next job is getting some frames sorted before they go in the games room.

They make very nice wall fillers for areas where you can't fit a pin!

Cheers Steve

Back
Top Bottom