What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

How about something like this, it would help with the height problem and it's a cheaper option.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/disney-...lightning-mcqueen/119-7978.prd?skuId=119-7978

It also comes in different finishes if this one isn't to your liking! :rofl:

You guys! lol Good job I don't have dwarfism or something. I'm 6'2", the height isn't an issue. I just would prefer if it sat the same height or similar to my TAF but clearly that's not going to happen. I tried. I'm over it.

Seriously tho try removing the feet altogether if your floor is flat enough and put these underneath might bring it down a bit more...

https://www.pinball.co.uk/shop/cabinet-body-parts/rubber-shoe-for-bottom-of-pinball-leg-set-of-4/

That's a really good idea. I have a set of those feet rubbers sitting in a box so I may well give that a try at some point in the future...maybe next time I move house. Trouble is this is in one of my basement rooms and the wooden floor down there is so uneven you wouldn't believe. Sometimes after weeks of rain the whole floor swells and buckles upwards.

Some more goodies from eBay:

IMG_6335.JPG

3 x ST M2732A EPROMs for testing with my new TOP853 programmer for messing around with custom ROMs in my old Bally games.

10 x LAS1405 5V 3A Voltage Regulators in TO-3 case. These are used in the Bally AS-2518-22 SOLENOID DRIVER / VOLTAGE REGULATOR MODULE for generating the +5VDC for the MPU. Whilst not quite unobtanium they are getting harder to find at a good price. Usually costing around £10-15 each but some listed for as much as £35 on eBay these were a bargain at £1 each. Thanks for the tip off @stevebm1 ;) I'm searching for those backbox brackets...

Me again ;) Original manual for MR & MRS PAC-MAN arrived this morning courtesy of @andy. Thank you!

IMG_6351.JPG

Chunky manual this one. No less than 15 foldout schematics.

Not sure what that has to do with the Dracula theme unless I'm missing something:hmm: , but it looks pretty sweet .

Upside down pentagram - when it points up it wards off evil. Points to heaven. Inverted it it points down to hell. The pentagram is not directly linked to Dracula but his 'children of the night' in the original novel are wolves. The pentagram is strongly associated with the wolf (which Dracula takes the form of, or a dog in the novel) so there is the link.
Bear in mind that this is all fiction and fiction further fictionalised by film makers then it's all a bunch of ******** anyway ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got a very nice JD with a minty playfield - and that because it has a full mylar over 90% of it - guess operator installed. Now do I remove it or polish ths crap out of it ??:hmm:

@JMP time you looked at getting the deadworld mods sorted now Jon ??

Cheers

Kev

I got a very nice JD with a minty playfield - and that because it has a full mylar over 90% of it - guess operator installed. Now do I remove it or polish ths crap out of it ??:hmm:

@JMP time you looked at getting the deadworld mods sorted now Jon ??

Cheers

Kev
Congrats Kev, great game, never seen an entire pf mylared on any game, guess you're special! I'd Polish it first and if it comes up good then job done! I've decided against the deadworld mod as happy with how it plays and I can't be ****d to make changes incase it ends up in my barcade if I get round to setting one up!!

Congrats Kev, great game, never seen an entire pf mylared on any game, guess you're special! I'd Polish it first and if it comes up good then job done! I've decided against the deadworld mod as happy with how it plays and I can't be ****d to make changes incase it ends up in my barcade if I get round to setting one up!!
Cheers Jon - keep in touch the barcade will be mint!!! - one day ;)

Kev

It's 50/50 pulling up mylar, I've had it go perfectly and I've had it pull up inserts.

I found the hairdryer and adhesive remover the easiest method

Just got these this morning. Wider flipper frames to stop annoying 'flipper hop' when the ball feeds into the inlane and clips the edge of the flipper rubber making fast shots nigh on impossible:
20161122_154712.jpg

Got the highres/colour dmd chip and software upgrade for my MMR LE this morning. A doddle to fit and it makes me laugh looking at the lack of circuitry in the back-box. Anyway it's stunning and a bit of a swizz it doesn't come as standard given the price.

Back
Top Bottom