What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Black Balls and clear rubbers!:clap:

Rosie is going to be cleaned up a bit, but think I'll order some led's before fitting the new rubbers.

Attachments

• 1458591212778-1907489340.jpg
    1458591212778-1907489340.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 18
So I've unwrapped it and got the cab on it's legs. Not figured out how to attached the head safely yet and I'm already a couple of beers down so am going to leave it for tonight and come back to it in the morning @teachp8 you and John might be helping me get it going tomorrow :D

The game in question is Star Wars by Sonic. It's a Spanish made game from 1987 and I'd never even heard of it before I bought it. I don't think many were produced and even less survive to this day so definitely the rarest game I've ever owned :eek: The playfield is plastic with the art screen printed on the back so it should clean up really nicely. The laser thing in the middle looks like metal strips from above but underneath the playfield is a trough with lights at one end so I'm wondering whether there's some sort of laser shooting effect :hmm: The game looked cool in the pictures I was sent but it's even better in person :clap:

IMG_8627.jpg

IMG_8629.jpg

IMG_8631.jpg

IMG_8632.jpg

IMG_8634.jpg

IMG_8636.jpg

IMG_8639.jpg

your missus is gonna have your ******** for breakfast

Luckily she doesn't live here so as long as it's back to only 3 pinballs machines in the kitchen the next time she's round then I should be ok :thumbs:

After a few more beers I thought I'd tinker with the game a bit more....that's when you do your best work isn't it? ;) Got the head to stay on (sort of), checked all the connectors, stuck a UK plug on it and.......IT LIVES!!!!! :D

It plays the cheesiest/most awesome version of the Star Wars theme ever when you first power it on and also when you hit the ramp shot. It seems to play and most of the switches work but it's pretty dirty and I have no idea what's going on. The good news is that all the plastics look good and the displays all work which along with the plastic playfield should mean that I've not got to hunt down any unobtanium parts for it. Sonic/Segasa use copies of Williams parts for their mechs so it should be possible to get stuff to make it play nice again.

All in all, a successful importing experiment :thumbs:

Nice to hear.... now we want video. :D Suppose can wait till you've cleaned it up though. ;)

El Flippo!! Bloody hell Chris, you sure do find em. I only found out it existed recently too. Next challenge.... Empire strikes back!!

After Ronsplooter's remarkable delivery this will seem a bit tame. My first go at LEDing my first SS machine. Bulbs from the very helpful Pinball-LED.co.uk who give list members 10% discount. I think the blue on the playfield must be reflections from the eyes because I didn't put anything blue down there!
Barracora LEDs lo.jpg

Barracora is a thing of beauty and a great rule set.
I would love to own one some day.

Got these subs a few days ago. After acquiring a Tron recently with an active sub anyone who has played it has been floored by the difference. So I've added one to Star Trek and Avatar. Glad my house is detached :).
20160324_153140.jpg
20160324_152948.jpg

Attachments

• 20160324_153152_001.jpg
    20160324_153152_001.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 5
Well arrived home with it yesterday

Thanks to @Matt Adams and @pinsinthewild

Thought i would try a Gottlieb system 80b for a change :p

View attachment 28615

Looking forward to seeing and playing this ! Glad all worked out. :)

I have had a eltax one like that for years - STILL aint got round to fitting it to TX Sector ( or Robowar)

Great minds think alike. I also want to upgrade the speakers on RW as part of refurb Chris. Suggestions?

shouldn't one of your "looking for pins" be removed :)

Not until it arrives.... safely. :D

Back
Top Bottom