What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

First thing I noticed was the picture of the 1997 Jordan F1 :)

that's why my lad is called Jordan.I worked on Eddie Jordan s aicraft back in 2001 and he signed that picture to my son back then when he was a baby.Even have a picture of my lad in front on the aircraft with the Jordan gp logo on it

So I've unwrapped it and got the cab on it's legs. Not figured out how to attached the head safely yet and I'm already a couple of beers down so am going to leave it for tonight and come back to it in the morning @teachp8 you and John might be helping me get it going tomorrow :D

The game in question is Star Wars by Sonic. It's a Spanish made game from 1987 and I'd never even heard of it before I bought it. I don't think many were produced and even less survive to this day so definitely the rarest game I've ever owned :eek: The playfield is plastic with the art screen printed on the back so it should clean up really nicely. The laser thing in the middle looks like metal strips from above but underneath the playfield is a trough with lights at one end so I'm wondering whether there's some sort of laser shooting effect :hmm: The game looked cool in the pictures I was sent but it's even better in person :clap:

View attachment 28538

View attachment 28539

View attachment 28540

View attachment 28541

View attachment 28542

View attachment 28543

View attachment 28544
C3po looks even camper than usual, and worryingly appears to be touching himself :-o

Great score Chris :-D bring it to Swavesey! :-D

After a long search, Gottlieb Excalibur just arrived. :). Nearly in pieces after an overly confident delivery driver almost toppled it.... :mad:. Looking forward to unwrapping this tonight.

s8.postimg.org_yawhg69bp_20160407_123243.jpg

Looks like border control were interested too. :suspect:

s29.postimg.org_wfaah61c7_20160407_123224.jpg

Only four more System 80B's to hunt out. :cool:

I'm looking forward to a game John.
We are lucky getting to play all these unusual game you and Poibug seek out.

Just arrived home after a drive down the M1 to buy this. It has to stay in the car tonight until I can round up enough family members to carry it indoors and down in to the games room. Hopefully tomorrow morning! More pictures then.medusa in car.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, and from my first quick look seems quite a nice one. Backglass certainly looks fine. No battery leaks. Complete. Lived in the house not outside. Price was reasonable I didn't worry about testing anything else. We'll see more tomorrow!

Ok, so as I'm new here, if I'm posting to many pictures for this thread someone please just whisper in my ear.
We brought the Medusda in from the car, down the stairs and round the narrow corner in to the games room. Here is how it looks. Comments, advice, warnings etc all very welcome. Untouched so far and quite dirty still. External views first...
Untitled-18lowlow.jpg Untitled-2lowlow.jpg Untitled-3lowlow.jpg Untitled-17lowlow.jpg

First questionUntitled-13lowlow.jpg
1. I found the key to the backbox - it is broken off in the lock! I can turn the mechanism from inside. Is it risky to not have the backglass locked in place? Any suggestions for next step?

Second question. Does this battery represent a risk? What should I do? No signs of leakage.
Untitled-9lowlow.jpg

Looks decent :thumbs:

Is it risky to not have the backglass locked in place? Any suggestions for next step?

You'll be fine as long as you're not planning on taking the head off. The glass sits in a channel and won't fall out with the head in it's normal position. The lock just operates a bar that stops you lifting the glass up and out. Buy a new cam lock either from Pinball Mania (tell Andy what it's for) or off Ebay/Amazon (measure the length of the existing lock barrel).

Does this battery represent a risk? What should I do? No signs of leakage.

Yes, cut it off asap and replace with a remote battery holder, memory capacitor or NVRAM @lukewells does your RAM work with -35 MPU Bally's?

Yes, cut it off asap and replace with a remote battery holder, memory capacitor or NVRAM @lukewells does your RAM work with -35 MPU Bally's?

Yes indeedy. I have NVRAM available for this machine thankyou Chris :)

As your RAM chip is socketed, it is plug and play (cut the battery off, pull out the 5101 chip above the battery and fit the NVRAM) then you have score and settings saving for a lifetime with no batteries to worry about ever again. Give me a shout if you want to buy one

I love Medusa by the way. It's a great game and yours looks in pretty decent condition :thumbs: I'd be very happy with it ;)

Thanks for all the good advice. I'll make a start with my work on this at the weekend. I'm sure I'll be back very soon for more advice.

Didn't Medusa originally have translucent 3" flippers fitted, to achieve the full effect from the illuminated inserts below each?

While they suited Medusa, there were a couple of Suzo 'S.T.C' copies on my (mostly almost entirely blue, it only had five red items on the playfield) Seawitch when I bought it - not even fitted as a pair (one upper flipper, one lower). These chipped badly from slight air-balls even in the short time that I tolerated them.

Last edited:
Didn't Medusa originally have translucent 3" flippers fitted, to achieve the full effect from the illuminated inserts below each?

While they suited Medusa, there were a couple of Suzo 'S.T.C' copies on my (mostly almost entirely blue, it only had five red items on the playfield) Seawitch when I bought it - not even fitted as a pair (one upper flipper, one lower). These chipped badly from slight air-balls even in the short time that I tolerated them.

Yes, the originals have been replaced on mine with regular flippers. I see the translucent ones , presumably repros are available. My first priority is to get it up and running, then I'll look to restoring other cosmetic elements. I'm interested in your comment about translucent flippers chipping . The other non original,parts I've spotted are the three special targets at the top. I believe they should be 2 translucent green and a translucent red. I don't think anyone makes these now.

image.jpeg
Yes, the originals have been replaced on mine with regular flippers. I see the translucent ones , presumably repros are available. My first priority is to get it up and running, then I'll look to restoring other cosmetic elements. I'm interested in your comment about translucent flippers chipping . The other non original,parts I've spotted are the three special targets at the top. I believe they should be 2 translucent green and a translucent red. I don't think anyone makes these now.
You mean these ?

Back
Top Bottom