What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

You've bought a stone cold classic there, and a STTNG ;)

Haha! I know how much you love STTNG!

Last time I had it I barely played it. Didn't give it a proper chance. Now I can give it a proper go.

Also, the best thing about STTNG is the light show at the end of the game. It is the best light show in pinball.

It went up on eBay on weds night. I saw thurs morning and knew I needed to move fast. Agreed a price and got in my van for the long drive

I was meant to be travelling to manchester airport with 'er indoors as her mother was returning overseas yesterday morning. So 'er indoors showed considerable understanding and won herself some brownie points there.

Nice one I looked at that one untill I saw the price he wanted. hope you negotiated well. If I remember correctly this seller seems to charge premium prices for his wares.

That seller is really a knowledgeable part time dealer/ repairer/ cabinet refurb guy. I saw a cab he was reprinting and it was a nice job.

And yes, he is after a full price for his kit. I didn't pay the advertised price, but i probably "overpaid". But it might be one of two chances? a year to bag a uk game.

I thought about his xenon and his medusa too. But both were overpriced to me. Medusas come up quite regularly so I was not bothered. I would buy a xenon, but there are several other games from this era that could take its place in my little collection.

I put fathom and centaur in a different league though. And fathoms are harder to find. They just don't come up for sale and these games have big followings. A chance to bag a fathom. No messing about. Drive home that day with it. Plug it in and it works. I just could not let this go

If you really want something and they are difficult to find and you know you're keeping it. You just gotta pay what you're willing to pay.
Done it myself with Taxi.

Nice work. Fathom is a cool game.

My word. That seller got right royally screwed. I hope the buyer fessed up and chucked some more money in and explained to the seller what they had sold. Certainly I would do, after it was in the van.

No if you gotta have it you gotta have it and yes Fathom does not come up very often. In fact I did the same thing the other week with the Pacman populated playfield that came up on eBay

Me and Matt Adams drove down to Brian's to look at that fathom Tuesday he kindly held it for me for a week, indeed a very hard to find game , the back glass is available think Brian had seller said its a French site will see if I can find the link for you
Cool game

It went up on eBay on weds night. I saw thurs morning and knew I needed to move fast. Agreed a price and got in my van for the long drive

I was meant to be travelling to manchester airport with 'er indoors as her mother was returning overseas yesterday morning. So 'er indoors showed considerable understanding and won herself some brownie points there.

Newark Southampton and back all for the love of pinball, Kudos :thumbs:

I bought a selection of the Hook plastics being parted on eBay - also Bally PCB stand offs from @myPinballs (kind of look like star rollovers).
I only actually need to replace the part top right (the part with David Seaman, Philip Geneister and Kate O'Mara faces) but I do want to use a part to cover a problem with the back mirror. If there's anything here anybody needs desperate let me know.

WP_20150522_10_56_26_Pro.jpg

Ian, how much clearance is needed from the top of machine to top of topper ?
I'm interested in getting one but I have limitations on ceiling height.
Cheers.

It's very tight for me too. 28.5cm

Indirectly related to pinball but means I can now get some jobs done and sort out new pinball area :)

Cost more than what @Nedreud would probably pay for a pin but 'boys toys' plus when I told er indoors how much I got the look and asked "how much!!!" to which I replied "well I did tell you" to which she replied "yes but I didn't think you were buying them" Anyway all is forgiven as a few jobs already sorted and if she had known I would get on with jobs I could have had them ages ago, women!!

£246.99 off ebay

dewalt.jpg

Yeah, tad more than I'd pay for a screwdriver, but DeWALT stuff is hardcore and should last you lifetime for DIY! I bought a Ryobi set 7 years ago which got me through doing my own loft conversion and every other DIY job since. It came with this "free" right-angle drill thing which turned out to be one of the most useful tools I've got. Brilliant for screws in tight places! Only the NiCd batteries are showing their age now, as they don't hold their charge for much more than a few days. No such problem with modern Li-Ion batteries.

upload_2015-5-27_16-21-15.png

Today I received this, thank you Sean at pinball palace
image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 15
Yay, it's like Christmas. I had 'stuff' turn up today.

Firstly some Novus. Amazingly i've had a Pin for over 2 years now and this is the first time i'd got around to ordering this. Main usage will be to polish up all the plastics from R&B before they go back on the playfield (erm, that's some way away given the playfield is still stripped and i've not got round to getting it over to Chris for repainting yet). Excuse the very untidy desk.

2015-05-29 09.13.59.jpg

Also, the Walnut Sand recommended by @PeteB for tumbling turned up as well. It's a much finer grade particle than the corn cob stuff so i'd imagine it's going to be far less likely to get clogged up in the screw heads. It's not quite as soft as the corn cob so i'd hope it won't take quite so long to give things a nice shine. Really need to dig through my boxes of parts now and pull together all the various gates, posts and screws which need a good polish up.

2015-05-29 09.21.39.jpg

Back
Top Bottom