What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

yup,pretty much the last one wanted on my list.love the auger.both my bigbh and johns raven both checked out ok,only minor niggles.all good

Last edited:
BTW its true,my collection is pretty much done,tho one is gonna have to go nearer down the line

Some Cliffys for my Whirlwind - straight from the man himself :) Unfortunately 'the man' on this side decided he doesn't like where and how I spend my money so had to cough up another £11, £8 handling fee ffs :mad: Extra annoying as value was marked at $23 - which brings it just under the £15 import limit. I don't suppose arguing it would get me anywhere. Hey ho.

IMG_4134.JPG

Did you agree to the handling fee anywhere? There is no way i'd be paying £8.

I believe @Wizcat claimed it back. £8 is just extorting money out of you.

You could have perhaps said return it to customs and then deal with customs directly?

Be interesting to know what exchange rate they use for converting from USD to GBP, because as mentioned above the rate seems high.

Using xe.com I get £23 in at under the £15 mark too (£14.6251 to be precise).

Robbing b'stards with the £8 handling fee too.

Agree where ??? Is that even an option ?

Basically if I didnt cough up they weren't gonna give me my parcel.

Just had exactly the same (£18.10) for something sent as a gift... wtf? Seller in US has had a meltdown over it, blaming me....!? o_O Just paid it to make sure I got the parcel which was due (and promised) today.... and as at 6.20 pm whilst posting this, hasn't arrived. The feckers ! :mad:

@GrizZ, I'd dispute that because the USD-GBP exchange rate hasn't been below 1.53 since 7-May-2015 ($23/£15 = 1.53) so anything higher than 1.53 brings the product value under £15. To be charged £3.05 VAT means their conversion of $23 was £15.25, a rate of just under 1.51. It hasn't been that low since late April.

Just had exactly the same (£18.10) for something sent as a gift... wtf? Seller in US has had a meltdown over it, blaming me....!? o_O Just paid it to make sure I got the parcel which was due (and promised) today.... and as at 6.20 pm whilst posting this, hasn't arrived. The feckers ! :mad:

Clearly Royal Mail aren't going to be delivering this late so double whammy for you John :eek:

These things:

s18.postimg.org_br1w47wtx_20150517_104302.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JMP
Back
Top Bottom