What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Today I received" Thread

Not done this today received thread before must have missed it, the way my revolving door policy works it's probably a good thing :)
This turned up a few weeks ago from @Eddie Twadds but wasn't set up until @GrizZ came over today ( and dressed up for the occasion ) .
What a beauty of a machine it's stunning looks and plays great. Havnt had much of a chance to get stuck in but looking forward to a few games tomorrow. the condition of this and the work that Martin has put in is clear to see :)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Not done this today received thread before must have missed it, the way my revolving door policy works it's probably a good thing :)
This turned up a few weeks ago from @Eddie Twadds but wasn't set up until @GrizZ came over today ( and dressed up for the occasion ) .
What a beauty of a machine it's stunning looks and plays great. Havnt had much of a chance to get stuck in but looking forward to a few games tomorrow. the condition of this and the work that Martin has put in is clear to see :)

View attachment 15670 View attachment 15671 View attachment 15672

This just made its way behind the wizards curtain …. No Fear.IMGP4339.JPG

100 x 6-32 UNC Nylocs nuts (for pop bumpers and holding things on the top of star posts).
50 x 8-32x1/2" Allen Head bolts (for holding Bally flippers together with 8-32 UNC Nylocs nuts!)

image.jpg

Finally got a tumbler today. Came with two bags of corn cob media. Any recommendations of other media I should try out with it?

Tear down on my playfield is still ongoing but hopefully should be ready to tumble at least some stuff in the next week or two.

2015-04-22 09.46.57.jpg

Corn Cob = Rough clean = Cleans all the crap off
Crushed Walnut shell = Softer clean = Good for cleaning minor blemishes and polishing...

Oh and some Autosol thrown in to finish it off :)

Thanks Paul. Corn cob is definately going to come in handy here as most of the metalwork looks like it's never been cleaned at all. I've got the dremel and felt polishing wheels on standby too for bringing things up to a high shine once the tumbler has done it's job.

Yesterdays delivery was a couple of steel rules to replace my daughters frozen ruler. Ha!!

Figured it would be handy to have these for when I need to get the scalpel out to cut the coil wrappers out. Plus you can't really go wrong for the price. I think I paid less than £2 for this pair.

2015-04-26 11.58.45.jpg

Bargain there @Wiredworm. Can't go wrong with a steel ruler. The smaller 6" one dead handy for measuring in awkward places. At that price unlikely, but for cutting paper/card you can get a 12" rule backed with a very thin layer of cork that it just smaller than the ruler. This prevents the steel from scratching photos or leaving marks on white paper, also means the tip of the scalpel doesn't quite run up against the edge of ruler. This prevents the ruler getting knicked by the blade and the blade from being blunted by the ruler. I do a lot of papercraft for model railways and for doing lots of cutting in paper and card it does make a difference.

Reactions: Arv
100 x 1N4148 diodes for £1.75 posted 1st Class. I know they're cheaper per unit at CPC or the like but as this is all I needed I would have been hit with £3.95 postage.

image.jpg

What you can't see on the photo is the shotgun aimed at his head if he so much as acts as if hes not 'enjoying' himself ;)

And since when was Nottingham 'Up North' :)

Since Brighton was 'down south' ;) Once I cross over the South Downs its all satanic mills and darkness as far as I'm concerned.:D

Thats pretty cool. Ive never played it. How are you finding it Chris? Looks like its in nice shape.

All I've done so far is get it on it's legs and check it survived the journey. It needs levelling and setting up etc so not really played it yet other than just bat a few balls around. I'll do a gameplay video once I've got it tweaked and had a few games. The magic wand and levitating ball toys are really cool though :D It looks to be in really nice shape, just needs a bit of a clean :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom