What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Munsters... (or not? [emoji6])

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
It will go with my other LEs :cuckoo:..
if the LE has the cabinet that I’ve seen then it will go nice with My TAFG .. also I want to get a brass plaque in memory of my Dad who died suddenly in Oct last year... watched the Munsters together when I was a boy

Ok, the first is crazy but the second is as good a reason as I've ever heard, fair play to you and sorry for your loss.

Won't ask about the GB and SW!

GBLE was 8K..
SWLE was bought blind, big fan of the theme and thought that Stern would do it justice..
the code got better and I really like it.. that was 9.5K, GOTGLE 9.5K.- again bought blind
10K is what I paid for BBB.. now games produced in the 100,s - (Prems will be 10K by 2020 I reckon) are hitting that sort of price im going to either stick with B/W titles or just keep the games I have and move onto something else as a hobby

Is a shiny NIB Pin with 2 year warranty worth £1k to you? Think that's about the price difference between NIB and HUO. That's how I ended up with a NIB BM66 ;). £41.66/month, £9.60/week. Plus factor in you may need to pay for repairs without the warranty.

Seeing since this thread has taken a turn away from Munsters, I just wondered this question.
I like your thinking regarding the cost of buying a new pin.
Say you had a pub near you that had your favourite game. Would you be as likely to put 1200 quids worth into it over two years? Obviously you couldn't play it as much as you would if you owned it at home. But you wouldn't have the maintenance costs and it is still roughly 3500 plays, which is quite a lot.
Just wondered, as I agree with what you say but when you put it like this, it does sound a bit mental.

Seeing since this thread has taken a turn away from Munsters, I just wondered this question.
I like your thinking regarding the cost of buying a new pin.
Say you had a pub near you that had your favourite game. Would you be as likely to put 1200 quids worth into it over two years? Obviously you couldn't play it as much as you would if you owned it at home. But you wouldn't have the maintenance costs and it is still roughly 3500 plays, which is quite a lot.
Just wondered, as I agree with what you say but when you put it like this, it does sound a bit mental.
Easy answer is there isn't a pub near me with Pinball ;). The few times I have had to pay per game to play Pinball I hated it as you can see your money disappearing.

Ouch @Marvello - you see interestingly I look at TWD, which I overpaid on but wanted, if I HAD TO take a £500 hit today, I would be okay with that - if I had to take £1k this time next year, that'd be fine too.

I hope not to of course, but it's all relative isn't it.

My wife probably thinks it was worth £1k to get me out of her sight anyway.

A real nutter would buy a machine and then continue to spend money playing a sited one...

(Disclaimer: I've done this!)

...but they all play differently, right!??

Tim

OK you guys can ring around, i'll take 20 pro, 10 LEs. Lets get a group buy going.
Sort of but either EC are paying more than the EU distributors or they are just adding a massive margin for doing nothing whatsoever. I can't buy at the EU prices but I don't want to **** around importing either.

We dont take many games in the UK... dont know where you got the idea we did, unless you think 30-50 units of each model is a lot?
100's and Germany probably many hundred.

Fact is Stern are c*nts and no one should buy one!

Those nice guys at JJP / CGC are much nicer.

Gary Stern is a control freak with serious issues.
EC aren't innocent here, not just GS...

I thought we agreed no tantrums :D :rofl:

Neil.

A mate contacted EC to put a pin on site, the price was dearer than what pinheaven sell em for

I take it the lower playfield will just be in the centre like Acdc Neil?

Doesn't look as close to Taf as some folk had said it would

Isn't that just the colour playfield photo shopped in blank & white? It is the exact same photo?

If they really are releasing a b/w version it will presumably still have colour inserts so don't see the point? Sounds/looks like a wind up to me.

Last edited:
From the admittedly limited photos so far.... I'm still less than excited about the layout [emoji848] Munster Bash as someone quipped earlier in the thread.

Can't wait to see it in the flesh though at EAG [emoji16]

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Yeah looks off. pro would be the color one yes. but the lower playfield would be on the other 2 and thats not in the B/W photo

There's been a big ****ing contest on the B/W art over on Pinside, but if it worked for Centaur, with splashes of primary colour - mainly red - in the inserts to keep you focused on what to shoot for, I don't see a problem with this. Stark line-drawings would be cleaner, clearer and more appealing than greyscale desaturation to look at though.

that b&w one is just a filter, wouldn't worry about it at this stage.

I think that there will be a colour choice on the LE and Premium ;) Or a set number of colour and B&W LE's. But the theme sucks for me so not fussed for the LE and with Dwight on code I'm waiting to see if its any good before ordering a premium. I'm also running out of games I like less in my shed and I've got Monster Bash LE arriving soon. I'm also super skeptical about the "lower play field" and if its going to be anything better than AC/DC. But I'm thinking this might be the Star Wars of 2019 and the other games, 007/Jaws/EddyGame and RichieGame etc might be worth waiting for... I've been trying to find out what Lyman's next game is. Also if Beatles rumours on sales performance are true might make a big difference in the pricing approach for Superman '78.

Cheers,
Neil.

Aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves here. We've got a blurry ass image of the play field, a great designer and a very hit and miss lead coder. We'll know more this week

Aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves here. We've got a blurry ass image of the play field, a great designer and a very hit and miss lead coder. We'll know more this week
Not at all..,, by this stage of a games life cycle most of the pin community are already getting worked up about the next new shiny thing!

You gotta act quick and throw an ill informed opinion out there cos Munsters will be old news this time next week. [emoji3][emoji3]

Next!

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom