What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "I just beat my high score" thread

Infuriating!

I just read about something you can buy if a game re-sets ( B/W ) but for now can't remember who is selling it...

Decided to play a quick game of Ghostbusters before bed on Sunday and ended up with a new GC - to be fair though I've had no recent surgeries affecting my limited nudging abilities.

IMG_5370.JPG

And of course new code is released a few days later to wipe it off. Guess I'll be starting over this weekend.

..... to be fair though I've had no recent surgeries affecting my limited nudging abilities..

I wonder how long I can get away with using that excuse for being crap :D

Ghostbusters scoring seems hard to understand sometimes, I'm sure there's a reason my GC score was that high but the game itself didn't seem much better than many much lower scoring games I've had, I was pretty shocked when I saw the score.

If I were you I'd milk it as long as possible - just wish I had a better excuse than not much time to play!

My highest GB scores have all come from games where I start working towards stacking Storage Facility with Mass Hysteria with playfield multipliers, with a ladder mode running before starting SF, whilst also working on bonus multipliers. I focus on playing up a ladder whilst working on collecting the ghosts needed to make that happen, aim being to get me close to We Came We Saw for after the multiball stack. I think in the game I had on Sunday I started Storage Facility early by accident, but then stacked it into PKE Frenzy and kept it going til Mass Hysteria, so I'm going to try to aim for that in the future. Add a balls are also useful.

If I have a mode running at the beginning of a ball and I'm under one billion I tend to go for the 3x bonus multiplier on the P lane, and if you get a large bonus multiplier which is held, that can make a huge difference on the next ball - especially if you start off adding another 3x via skill shot. If I'm over one billion at the start of a ball and I have a mode running I tend to go for the 10% of score skill shot, as you also get 10% of current score for making it - on the 4.6 billion game I had on Sunday I made that skill shot on my last ball when I was on somewhere north of 3 billion, which gave me approx 600 million for the one shot I think. I did end up with three extra balls over the course of the game which helped!

I think Loopin Supers is also a good scoring opportunity, but I can't seem to nail the left ramp shot consistently enough to make it worthwhile focusing on. Need to dial that shot in.

It's suppose to be quite easy isn't it ? But I really struggle to score points on LOTR. Managed this yesterday after a titanic struggle with the game. Not even sure if it is a good score.

IMG_7766.JPG IMG_7765.JPG

Getting to grips with this now. Not far off Valinor with this effort.

View attachment 40984
And I was feeling quietly cocky after seeing your humble previous score 2 posts back.... but less so now.

LOTR is definitely a grower. It gets <10% of the games IMVE is currently getting, but each one lasts 5-10x longer. Shame the sound feels sub-WPC95 in quality.

And I was feeling quietly cocky after seeing your humble previous score 2 posts back.... but less so now.

LOTR is definitely a grower. It gets <10% of the games IMVE is currently getting, but each one lasts 5-10x longer. Shame the sound feels sub-WPC95 in quality.
I had to go have a rest after that game. It should have been a lot higher but my game is on the fritz I think. I destroyed the ring twice more during that game but it didn't register. The switch works in test but not during a game. I seem to recall this happening to somebody either on here or on Pinside. I shall have to have a look.

IMG_2372.JPG IMG_2371.JPG One game only on my new LOTR this weekend (you don't have time for many do you)

But got my high score and best DTR time too

I'll easy improve the high score but maybe not DTR time .

What's a good time?

Fair to say I have 'clicked' with LOTR now. This was the test game I played after fixing my non-registering ring shot (it was the microswitch not the opto in the ring itself).
Really enjoying this game at the moment. It really does feel like it has taken you on a journey.

IMG_7790.JPG

LOTR is a lovely game! Here's my own personal best on MM, 51M. Loads of improvement to be made still but my best so far :) Sadly not on the leaderboards as kelauce has wiped me off them all! Haha :D
Keep it up. I've found the absolute key to getting a good score is having a game plan before you start the game. Know beforehand what you intend shooting for.
Start with simple stuff like getting three jackpots in one multiball then expand is as you get better at the game. It also stops you being overwhelmed by the options presented by the game.

Do you have it set to 1 or 2 balls to Destroy the Ring? The default is 1, but I've set it to 2.

I have no idea what's good.
I have it on 2 but twice now the balls have stuck together and not registered. Going to set it back to 1 Ball.

Back
Top Bottom