What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "I just beat my high score" thread

Just kicked M_A off the GC spot on Sopranos. Lots of extra balls.

The Super Jackpot wouldn't register so I stayed on Underboss for ages just repeatedly doing Bing multiball and Boat multiball and hitting all the green shots at a million a pop.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160806_cb3617a21090d715aa07614b94f8a4e6.jpg

Has anyone else had the issue with the SJ not registering? I don't understand it as the drop target clearly registers, and the two boat switches seem to know when there's two in there, as it can start the Stugots MB

What are you, some sort of freak. I've had FT years and think my best score ever with a billion extra balls and closed out lanes is about 350 million!!

Great score :thumbs:
Yep. I broke a billion once on my 2 Fish Tales in several years. Usually falter around the 600/700 mark. And hardly ever get those super Jackpots rolling :( Rock hard game. Brilliant game.

I have only had this game for a few days. But my immediate impression is that it has a grossly exaggerated almost exponential scoring system. Like bsd. And no amount of fettling or adjustment will ever deal with this

I have the lightning flippers. New rubber. Superbands. Full flipper rebuilds. New balls. Freshly waxed pf.

Initially I thought this game was brutally difficult. With the outlanes in the middle position it was absolutely lethal, even worse than my Shadow. Ball times were far too short

So I set the outlane posts to the easiest setting. 4 ball, no extras. On my game you can backhand both the spinner (with a bouncing ball) and the casters club about 1 in 3 with a well timed shot. You can also lock balls straight from the ball launch if you get lucky on the left flipper

I looked at the papa tutorial. This suggested two possible strategies. 1 is boats and monster fish. 2 is multiball. It also suggests you allow balls to drain in multiball whilst the ball save is on

To get my high score, I focused on multiballs and long casts, and managed two multiballs and scored a heap of super jackpots. I think some super jackpots were 200m which really is mad

Maybe the rubber is bedding in, or the game is slowing down, or I am getting used to it. But I am now wondering about making the outlanes more dangerous by returning the posts to the middle position. Just like on bsd, my scores display enormous volatility

Last edited:
Papa has the FT set on hard ,the drop target is up at the start of the game , once you get it to flow the points rack up pretty quickly ,but get that timing wrong and its curtains ,hence that's why my score is always crap !

I absolutely frikkin love this game. Thank you to @chris b for letting her go.

At nlp last year my mate and I played this game more than any other.

I have only had this game for a few days. But my immediate impression is that it has a grossly exaggerated almost exponential scoring system. Like bsd. And no amount of fettling or adjustment will ever deal with this

You can also lock balls straight from the ball launch if you get lucky on the left flipper

That's what I always aim for, rather than the 'Long Cast'. Btw, one of the remarks on Fish Tales in a trade publication back then was "Sometimes the ball misses the top lanes after launching". What, only sometimes?

BOP on Friday nite. Highest score ever. Just fell short of the billionaire club on a previous game too. What a nite. Ball just wouldn't drain..lol

Attachments

• 2 - 1.mp4
    12.4 MB · Views: 1
What is the longest game (time wise) anyone has ever had before you're attention waned and you made a mistake?
I've played a single game of LotR for over an hour, once I'd got Valinor I lost interest a little.
Likewise with Encore on AcDc over an hour playing but then drained almost the second I'd completed Encore.

At Uni I had a game of BoP which lasted over 9hrs! Was set up ridiculously easy giving away extra balls all over the place, feed from pops to trap on left flipper everytime, easy to post transfer. I actually had a friend hold the ball once I'd trapped it so I could got to the loo. No idea what my score was, they didn't have mobile phones then to take a picture!

Had a single ball on the Family Guy at Tilt last at least 15-20 minutes the other week, arms were a bit sore after that one, helped that it was a 2 player game with @strobey :)

I think my longest game was over 2 hours and may have been nearer 3.5 hours when putting 14.5Billion on JD (3 balls with extra balls standard settings, back in 2003 long before entering any tournaments and starting in the UK league Nov 2007). Could have been even longer but the right flipper went weak on me (caused by the fliptronic drive transistor) at the 7.5B point and it was very hard making the left ramp after that. I can say that JD rolls over at 10B. And before someone says pictures or it didn't happen, well yes I do have some pictures...!

This is also why extra balls are turned off at Special When Lit, even on Friday evenings.

Bravo Sir.

I'm peaking at 200m right now, with some [most] games ending with embarrassing scores (thank **** there's a quick restart).

What's your main strategy? Hit the flashy stuff & that man with the little house at the top?
I try to start with CDC. Start it and then try to hit another 5 or 6 ramp shots before hitting one of the other lit shots. Collect the remaining shots and then try to finish CDC (one more shot up the left ramp) with a multiplier. You should be looking at around 200 million just for doing that.
Then start Bloodbath multiball and Barn. As you keep hitting the drop targets (to add balls) you are also extending the Barn time. Lots of points by the time the multiball and Barn ends.

That should get you a good start mate from just two modes and one multiball. You will also be well on your way to starting Horde.

Last edited:
Just had an amazing game on Spiderman:) First time I've got to Super Hero on my machine at home (had for around 5 years!) and completed.

Superhero all done on last ball and was able to continue the game for another 10-15 mins with double scoring going. 4 balls, no extras.

Also got combo mulitball which I've never had before and didn't know existed! Think you need 60 combos to get it. Consequently got high score on most sections:

WP_20161016_18_18_57_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20161016_18_18_54_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161016_18_18_54_Pro.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 33
  • WP_20161016_18_18_50_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161016_18_18_50_Pro.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 33
  • WP_20161016_18_18_48_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161016_18_18_48_Pro.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 31
  • WP_20161016_18_18_48_Pro.jpg
    WP_20161016_18_18_48_Pro.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 28
Just had an amazing game on Spiderman:) First time I've got to Super Hero on my machine at home (had for around 5 years!) and completed.

Superhero all done on last ball and was able to continue the game for another 10-15 mins with double scoring going. 4 balls, no extras.

Also got combo mulitball which I've never had before and didn't know existed! Think you need 60 combos to get it. Consequently got high score on most sections:

View attachment 37323
Bloody hell ! Great effort. :clap:

I've not completed Super Hero yet (I've come close). I need to tweak my flippers as backhanding the shots is nearly impossible.

Awesome work. I've never heard of Combo Multiball mentioned anywhere, until now. Is that a combo of 65 consequtive shots? If so, **** me that's some skill.

Back
Top Bottom