What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/957xtt1rwgf9rjd/B5GDRqUNgc

Very good all round condition. (See photo's)
Working gold tigersaw
Gold mirror
Padlock & chains on trunk.
Couple of spare interrupter wheels both been glued.
Couple of spare trunks, one brand new other painted with wear.
Spare pcb board, cannot remember whether this is faulty or ?

Bad points.
I have to sell it
Transformer buzzing/humming.
Wear on playfield (Trapdoor) see photo's.
Scratch on translate (see photo's)

Good points
Everthing works as it should DMD, Toys etc etc.
Original manual with loose cover otherwise very good condition.
Its good.

Tell me what its worth and I will adjust price accordingly in for sale section.
Thank you
Nigel

Good luck dude. TOM is a top 10 table on all public polls so everyone is interested, even the ones who say they are SCTOMA which means they pretend they don't have the magic. Because of this, it will probably be always worth more than the market value.

The market value has been discussed above already. In UK, TOM will always fetch £2000-3000. The bottom end always gets arguments because loads of people will think that they should be able to get one for less, for whatever reason, but mostly because they haven't got enough cash. Don't worry about them, unless they're friends of yours you don't owe them a free ride. The top end of the market is always flexible as there will probably always be more than one guy -nowadays- who has £3k in his pocket waiting for the best deal. Again, don't worry about it unless you are dealing with friends. Personally I don't believe that every machine should *always* go to the highest bidder.

Yup SCTOMA secretly have an uncontrollable hankering for the TOM and are in denial, they are failed TOMA members (TOM Anonymous, a group for recovering TOM addicts) renown for throwing in low ball TOM values to try and snipe the machines for themselves ;)

Big tax bill due soon, so I may have to sell my last two machines :( Looking for ideas on values please chaps.

First is a 2003 Stern Simpsons (TSPP), UK standard skill post version. Fairly tidy, everything seems to work (or at least they did before I started stripping her down for a clean!). Cabinet ok, usual small dings and scratches, and grubby round flipper buttons. Some new plastics and Itchy and Scratchy recently fitted.

Second is a Twilight Zone (TZ). I have recently done a full clean up top and bottom of playfield. Not tumbler level clean, but not just a quick wipe either! Ebay level superminty?! ;) Cabinet has usual fade, but otherwise pretty tidy. Have a set of cabinet decals, but not yet brave enough to fit them! All bits working properly, only hacks I've found is rechargeable battery fitted to cpu board, and missing tilt bob. I have bits to switch back to factory battery holder, and to build a new tilt bob assembly).

Looking for ideas on price whilst await the wrath of HMRC!

Cheers,
Paul

Big tax bill due soon, so I may have to sell my last two machines :( Looking for ideas on values please chaps.

First is a 2003 Stern Simpsons (TSPP), UK standard skill post version. Fairly tidy, everything seems to work (or at least they did before I started stripping her down for a clean!). Cabinet ok, usual small dings and scratches, and grubby round flipper buttons. Some new plastics and Itchy and Scratchy recently fitted.

Second is a Twilight Zone (TZ). I have recently done a full clean up top and bottom of playfield. Not tumbler level clean, but not just a quick wipe either! Ebay level superminty?! ;) Cabinet has usual fade, but otherwise pretty tidy. Have a set of cabinet decals, but not yet brave enough to fit them! All bits working properly, only hacks I've found is rechargeable battery fitted to cpu board, and missing tilt bob. I have bits to switch back to factory battery holder, and to build a new tilt bob assembly).

Cheers,
Paul

Only TSPP I've seen sell on eBay in the last few months:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm//151173828562 01 Dec, 2013 - £2,649

There was another "Removed by seller as machine is no longer available" Which I assue means "Sold outside of eBay". Unfortunately that means I've no idea what it went for.

TZ is a well-liked machine from what I can tell (I like it :) ), but price seems to vary wildly depending on condition and number of people with seemingly deep pockets who want it :)

Some recent eBay sales:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131055505237 01 Dec, 2013 - £2,500

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171170665617 20 Nov, 2013 - £3,257

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291004827291 03 Nov, 2013 - £2,645

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141089723503 20 Oct, 2013 - £3,045

Hope that helps

Rog

Paul, IMO both of your games fall into the same price bracket £2k to £2.5k depending on condition. Your TSPP has got the less desirable UK skill post so without seeing pics I'd say around £2200. Without seeing pics of your TZ its hard to say as there are so many things to look at. If no pf wear, no damaged plastics, everything working inc clock and shopped then if you include the cab decals I think your looking around £2300, maybe upto £2400.

So how much is my T3 worth??

Si, T3 is a £1600 to £1800 game for me.

All IMO opinion of course :)

TSPP £2+K for a nice one, TZ upwards of 2.4k, gutted that you are getting bent over by the taxman and have to sell your toys :(

Last edited:
....., gutted that you are getting bent over by the taxman and have to sell your toys :(

Not really his fault - I spent what I put away for him whilst I was unemployed, now back in work, but won't get the money saved up again in time for the big bill. I am also trying to sell my old Land Rover Defender, if that sells quickly then I can hold onto the pins (finger's crossed)

Thanks for the pricing info, also to RGV and ronsplooter.

T3 - less than you might think;) Swapped mine for a JY a while back and still happy with that deal. A couple of years ago I would have said 1100-1300. Maybe a little bit more now but I'd still say in the same region as RCT etc. One of the cheaper sterns IMO so 1300-1500. Although so saying I've seen them offered at 1800, so maybe I'm behind the times.

Looks like i'll be ebaying the T3 :) 1100-1300,no way on earth I'd sell for that lol. Lowest I'd accept is 1800. Great theme for Arnie lovers :)

But, would consider trades,tho not sure what for haha.

Si

Don't think I have ever seen a T3 make anything close to £1800, be interesting to see if you get a bite or not.

According to Pinpedia one went on ebay last March for £2400 with 12 bids :eek: :confused::eek:Whether that was legit or not we will never know. Even so I would still say its 1500 max - but hey throw it on at 1800 and see what happens.

Wow, does seem to be a huge drop in value. I'd best get and shop it out to reach 1800.

Who's the guy that sells expensive pins near Newcastle airport. Always selling something on ebay and probably a member here?
He had 1 back end of last year up for around £2250!! , makes mine seem to cheap :D:D

Si

Wow, does seem to be a huge drop in value. I'd best get and shop it out to reach 1800.

Who's the guy that sells expensive pins near Newcastle airport. Always selling something on ebay and probably a member here?
He had 1 back end of last year up for around £2250!! , makes mine seem to cheap :D:D

Si

RogerAirplane? He listed one a few times for £2300 but got no bites. Last listing I saw for it linked below:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200995978547

He's usually on the very pricey side of things as well (I've heard the qualitys decent too though in fairness from someone who bought from him). He didn't make any of the usual "super mint" condition claims on this particular machine it seems, so this could be an "un-restored" condition pin.

As no-one bought this particular machine its not a great indicator for price other than "You probably want to ask less than £2300".

Not seen any others in the last 6 months or so either. Sorry.

Rog

Cheers for link Rog er? ;) I see where this is going Judge, you'll bid at 99p in the hope...... :D:D

Mine is tidy that's for sure but think i'll shop it. Bought new flipper parts also and fully working ;) come on you tight buggers lol

Si

Interesting - I had heard from a number of people that some of the conditions of his pins leave a lot to be desired - he had a TAF up around 6-12 months ago and i knew someone who took a trip up to take a look... He wasnt impressed :(

Interesting - I had heard from a number of people that some of the conditions of his pins leave a lot to be desired - he had a TAF up around 6-12 months ago and i knew someone who took a trip up to take a look... He wasnt impressed :(

I know he had a TAF up for around £5k recently and I don't think any TAF is worth that :), but fairs fair - I've only met one person who bought from him and they were generally positive and the machine was a nice one to play.

+1 on that. Some being the operative word.

I heard on the "grapevine" that he buys Pinball Heaven's trade-ins, he does them up and sells them on at a tidy profit.
I think he's doing it as a business rather than as a player/collector so his machines are priced on the high side.

Do yourselves a favour and steer clear of his machines. They are over priced over sold. I have first hand experience of his minty junk along with many others I have spoke with.
His philosophy is buy as cheap as possible, bodge with minimum effort, over estimate condition.

Here ends today's sermon.

Do yourselves a favour and steer clear of his machines. They are over priced over sold. I have first hand experience of his minty junk along with many others I have spoke with.
His philosophy is buy as cheap as possible, bodge with minimum effort, over estimate condition.

I've first hand experience with 4 of his machines and that isn't necessarily the case.

I have purchased two machines, both were as described and found him helpful on both occasions, yup they are not cheap but he will sort out problems if they arise and no one has to part with any money if they don't want to but as with any machine purchase, best go and see what you are getting unless you trust the seller or don't give a ****, these days I tend to fall into the second category :D

Last edited:
Seems that opinions are pretty evenly split on RogerAirplane then, I've not met the bloke but had always heard that his prices were high because his pins were top notch. And I respect the opinions of people who've said the same as well as those of people who say steer clear. Odd.

Anyway let's get this thread back on track. How much is .... er...... an XFiles worth?

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_01_08_ejejyres.jpg

Back
Top Bottom