What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

That sucks bet we pay more tax then any country

The UK is not even close. A number of EU countries have a higher VAT rate, Hungary has 27%. Belgium have corporation tax at 33.99% and VAT at 21%. It also has a 55% personal tax bracket.

VAT works well when you only buy and sell to organisations as it becomes a figure on the balance books. I charge VAT on all of my invoices and I pay VAT, the difference between what I charge and what I pay goes to HMRC, it was never my money. The pain comes when you are VAT register and sell to the public as it looks painful to them to see the 20%.

VAT is a killer, before you register you are doing what you do, afterwards you have to hike your total RRP up by 20% overnight just to be in the same place, anyway let's move back a step....Really nice Funhouse and a treat for someone ;)

Ahh the VAT people. They used to hate one of the businesses I worked for. Basically manufacturing in the UK and selling CDs and LPs in Japan. Used to get a huge VAT rebate each quarter shortly followed by yet another serious VAT audit:confused:

If you want the best FH you can get your hands on then that'll be the one to go for, proper top end resto job!

Depends on condition but around a grand seems about right for a HS2....generally plenty around to choose from.

Bit of an acquired taste due to the size + backbox covers were absent (don't suppose they are easy to get hold of) rates 81 in the top 100 (which is way down the list) so that's all newbie buyers out thus only for the serious collector, bit of a gamble from an investment point of view, £1700 was more than I would personally pay for this title (would not be a modding hit) so it's totally down to wanting one.

Even though it's not full size it would take up valuable space a full size machine could be occupying so that's out of the question.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd add my 2p to this...

RG - £500 - bought off another pinhead - DB - still own
I500 - £1250 - bought off another pinhead - NM - still own

Both are nicer since I've spent a fair amount of time playing, fixing and waxing, so I guess they're worth more now?

Ultimately, something is worth what it's worth isn't it?

- Robin

It's a great day for racing!

I have heard of a rumour of a Williams Fire! that might need a new home. I am not sure if it is a standard or a Champagne Edition (an LE before TAF). Nor do I know of it's condition and I have never seen one. How much do we think it would be worth in the various conditions?

I have heard of a rumour of a Williams Fire! that might need a new home. I am not sure if it is a standard or a Champagne Edition (an LE before TAF). Nor do I know of it's condition and I have never seen one. How much do we think it would be worth in the various conditions?
Not a lot.

Not a lot.

+1 I wouldn't want to spend more than £500 and that would be for the top end in terms of condition. Tbh I wouldn't buy it anyway as I don't like the game (unless it was something daft like 50 quid) so deffo have a game or two on it if your thinking of buying :)

I trust you both so will have a play, see the condition and buy only if I think I might get some pleasure out of it. I shouldn't be buying at the moment with all the money required for the house project so it would have to be cheap and they might have bought it for a high price it in recent years so won't part with it. Nothing harmed with taking a look.

Loads of photo's.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hw3jb80u4o8d6to/e10zyTaNHP
Minor split in left slingshot plastic. (see pics)
Small split in plastic where locks are. (see pics)
Only flaw on playfield that I can see is at the side of the number 2 near left outlane (see pics)
Cabinet has usual fading otherwise very good condition
Time expander has just been overhauled with new motor and opto's.
Brand new Vishay display.
Original lightening flippers.
Cliffy protectors fitted to time expander, these are not here to hide damage.
All working perfectly
Comes with a few spares, cash box, opto's for time expander, old faulty motor (useful spares?) original metal strip for time expander.

Tell me what its worth and I will adjust price accordingly in for sale section.

Thank you
Nigel

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/957xtt1rwgf9rjd/B5GDRqUNgc

Very good all round condition. (See photo's)
Working gold tigersaw
Gold mirror
Padlock & chains on trunk.
Couple of spare interrupter wheels both been glued.
Couple of spare trunks, one brand new other painted with wear.
Spare pcb board, cannot remember whether this is faulty or ?

Bad points.
I have to sell it
Transformer buzzing/humming.
Wear on playfield (Trapdoor) see photo's.
Scratch on translate (see photo's)

Good points
Everthing works as it should DMD, Toys etc etc.
Original manual with loose cover otherwise very good condition.
Its good.

Thank you
Nigel

After playing one at Greg's on the weekend I'm tempted to pick up an ACDC despite not even being into their music. There's 2 premiums on eBay ATM, priced at around 5k. A little more than I'd have thought they are worth, I'm thinking more like 4.5k. What's does everyone think? And yes, I know it's worth whatever you are willing to pay blah blah blah.

How much is the TOM worth? £2-3k? or am I out of touch?, suppose there is a difference between forum and ebay prices.

Nigel, I think your Dr Who is worth £1100 and you TOM is worth £2200. I'm basing this on my opinion that I would pay £1300 for a top condition DW and £2500 for a top condition TOM. Hope this helps and I'm sure others will comment with their opinions on prices :)

There's 2 premiums on eBay ATM, priced at around 5k

I'm actually surprised that these haven't gone at that price as AC/DC is a fantastic game and assuming their HUO (I don't know as I haven't seen the Ebay listing) and are in top nick then 5 grand doesn't sound bad, not a bargain but definitely not overpriced........although what do I know as they haven't shifted :) If you can get one for £4.5K then I think you'll have got a great deal on a superb game.

I'm looking to buy AC/DC Premium. I've made offers above 4.5k on both machines and been turned down. Anyone want to sell I will pay 4750.

Most I would pay for any Stern is £3.5k which is probably why I don't have any, top condition TOM would be 3k no idea on the DW, never had the urge to acquire one. I think if you hold out you will get your DC for £4.5k as more Stern owners shift their titles to get the newer Stern releases.

I would imagine that CV would make it on to PP remake hit list if they are increasing the range, may be worth holding back to see what happens, other candidates would be AFM, TOTAN, CC, MB maybe even TAF, I doubt there would be much point in remaking any of the others as the jump from current market value to the 6.5k remake price is not great enough, who would pay 6.5k for a BNIB WH20 clone when you can pick a working original for circa £1500.

The last two TOM on pinpedia.com, sales from mid 2013, were £2750 and £2451 (and ignoring the 3rd sale in the pinpedia list from Blackpool, which was probably a pinball paradise 'sale' :rolleyes: therefore bears no relationship to the real value of a pinball at all).
Bearing in mind those were sales on ebay, therefore potentially subject to shilling and also inflated prices versus non-ebay sales, if I was buying a top quality TOM I'd be looking to spend no more than £2.5k, and realistically I'd be holding out for one around the £2.2-£2.3k mark like Ronsplooter said.

Last TOM I've seen on eBay (and only one I've seen in last 5 months):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Theatre-Magic-pinball-machine-/221323040925

While it "finished" at £2700, there was some bidding at the end that I would personally consider suspicious, especially as the item was relisted straight after (and then withdrawn).

If you ignore the potentially shilling/ trolling bidder it looks as though the auction would have finished with a winning bid of around £2150, although the winning bidder in that case looks to have been willing to go to £2650 (whether they would have followed through on that price we'll never know though, unless they're on this board and want to comment :) ).

Like JT I'd personally be looking at 2000 - 2300, depending on condition.

Let me know if yours doesn't get any interest at the current price, or alternately if you'd care to share how much it sells for that would help us for future price checks.

Rog

If I had a top condition TOM, I won't use the word mint but you catch my drift, you would not get it for less than 3k and if I was after one then I would be willing to pay 3k same as for a "mint" :) IJ etc so that is how I look at it, really nice examples of top titles make good money, most of what I have seen is average which commands an average price but top drawer makes top dollar, had this discussion recently on the forum regarding WH20, with someone saying expect to pay £1800 for a really nice one, myself and Daz both agreed that you would not be getting our really nice examples for less than £3-3.5k and if you wanted a PH refurb then more like 6k so that is what I base my prices on, if you want a really nice TOM with peachy pf, no insert lifting, trap door damage, no dings in cab, replated wireforms, no broken plastics and generally very nice in every respect, expect to pay 3k possibly more.

Back
Top Bottom