What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

I would love to sell my fishtales for around 1200 but after blowing 250 on a flapping fish the price moves upwards.

What sort of price for a Williams DMD Project machine?

Do you have a specific model in mind, because that will affect the price massively. Also, expect to pay at least as much, often more, doing up a project pin versus just buying one in good condition, so the project route is best if you just enjoy that sort of stuff.

Problem is the project can become a money pit especially if display dead or a key toy faulty or missing like a gumball or addams cloud

What sort of price for a Williams DMD Project machine?
There's a No Fear up for 1000 that would probably benefit from a good clean and fettle. Better than your average 'project' but about as cheap as you'll ever see a Williams DMD game ever again, since even Data East DMD games have almost all broken three figures now.

Nothing specific, and love learning new skills and fixing stuff. So project pin seems like the way to go
Hard to answer unless you can be more specific. In project condition (whicb is obviously very subjective) you could pay considerably less than £1k for a less desirable title (e.g. a project Demo Man), up to £3-5k for a project Monster Bash or Medieval Madness.

There's a No Fear up for 1000 that would probably benefit from a good clean and fettle. Better than your average 'project' but about as cheap as you'll ever see a Williams DMD game ever again, since even Data East DMD games have almost all broken three figures now.
Totally agree, you could dump cash and hours and end up with an average game you'd never get your investment back on, or clean this one up and have fun and sell/trade up when you're ready on the forum and save a load of hassle!

take that hurricane falling apart. obviously not a viable restore but the pcb set and display are worth £400-£500 . yet a full working tidy hurricane may only sell about £800. the margin between scrap and players condition is very small on WPC games. good projects are still bally 80s games as plenty of second hand parts available , boards are repairable and most expense part isn't going to cost more than £50 (say a transformer etc)

I'd say the asking price is way over priced (£750), but something must be happening in Fife it's the second pin in as many days.

Oh and link

Nice selection of pics :D Williams EM's of the era are the least regarded of the 3 major manufacturers and Doodle Bug is not considered rare or special as far as I'm aware. If it was me buying and the playfield and backglass were decent I wouldn't go over £250 personally :thumbs:

Williams are my favourite overall manufacturer but most of their EMs leave me cold. Only one of any real desirability is Bootles due to the dubious tie in. Big Ben is probably the most common EM in the UK. Still come out of the woodwork now

Nice selection of pics :D Williams EM's of the era are the least regarded of the 3 major manufacturers and Doodle Bug is not considered rare or special as far as I'm aware. If it was me buying and the playfield and backglass were decent I wouldn't go over £250 personally :thumbs:

Williams are my favourite overall manufacturer but most of their EMs leave me cold. Only one of any real desirability is Bootles due to the dubious tie in. Big Ben is probably the most common EM in the UK. Still come out of the woodwork now

Cheers guys, my ears pricked up when he asked if I would swap a pinball for one of my jukes! not something I would buy and only swap if worth more than what I was swapping

pinball sits at the top of the coin op tree. folks always want to swap all sort of junk for them , modern videos , strackers , pushers , motorbikes , MAME cabs and so on

Hi chaps - what is a realistic price a clean TZ in good condition. The only prices I can find by googling are either very old sales or ridiculously high prices from trade sellers.
I appreciate that I'm probably asking how long a piece of string is !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi chaps - what is a realistic price a clean TZ in good condition. The only prices I can find by googling are either very old sales or ridiculously high prices from trade sellers.
I appreciate that I'm probably asking how long a piece of string is !

2500-3000 I would have thought, I paid 3000 for a very nice example only a year or so ago.

I'd have said the same. For £3k I would want it to be really nice, no playfield wear, and a tidy (not necessarily perfect though) cabinet

I paid 2750 for mine 18m ago. No pf wear. No damaged plastics or ramps. Sun faded cab though, but in very good order

With a tz you are buying a proper pinball. Stood the test of time. High production volumes so plenty of spares. Still cuts it. Still prefer taf though

I'll come clean - I'm looking to move my TZ on... I think. I was just getting the details together and then my son walks in and tells me what a great game he had on it. Aaaah.... I dunno know!

Back
Top Bottom