What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "How much is this table worth" thread....

what are stern pins worth minus board sets and display i have been offered 5 stern games that have been used for spares to keep other pins going any idea what these are worth i dont even know what titles are

what are stern pins worth minus board sets and display i have been offered 5 stern games that have been used for spares to keep other pins going any idea what these are worth i dont even know what titles are

I bet if boards have been robbed there will be other bits missing for sure, I guess you would need to see them, as for value got to think it will be hard or expensive to replace them, unless they can give you the faulty boards they were replaced for.

All depends on title, I'd rather bring back a LOTR than a RCT from the grave.

Assuming it's just the boards you are looking at atleast a Grand for the boards probably more...

You have to assume they are older unwanted titles that were robbed, so if they were fully working they'd fetch £1,200 to £1,500 each. Knock a grand off for board sets, displays, getting working, etc So I'd work on £200 to £300 for each and estimate £1,000 to £1,500 for the lot. Naturally condition is everything and that estimate assumes they're in reasonable condition.

Yup paid 3000 for a similarly nice one, cab slightly faded. I'd say 3000 if it was like mine, loaded with mods and LED'd with a an LED clock board etc (I dunno if I would count an original clock board as a bonus, they are known for catching fire with the lamps). For a nice original maybe more like 2500-2750? Personal preference though.

Yeah, if you stick the wrong bulbs in. Just making a point that it's a completely unmolested table, it's as it left the factory. I figure it's a bonus for people who like to go mod crazy as it's a completely blank sheet for them to stick all that crappy stuff in and try and flip it on ebay for $$$$'s :p

Is it worth holding off on the sale until just before Christmas? Also is it worth chucking it up on the dreaded eBay? Last couple of machines I've sold have been sub 500, but I'd like to squeeze as much as I can out of this one as it's my last one.

Yeah totally, like I said personal preference - you may find someone who really wants a blank slate game!

Christmas or just before is probably the worst time to sell because nobody has any money that time of year! Just remember if you stick on eBay the fees are higher now than they used to be.

What is a nice centaur worth these days?

Mypinballs reverb board
Cab and head good
Backglass very good
Good playfield under mylar with good touch up to the top

£1k+ for Centaur surely now. older games need the right buyer (90% of buyers including most newbies are dot matrix blinded) but Centaur up there with Fathom IMHO

Apologies as it's not a pin but I've put valuation threads on Jamma+ and UKVAC with nothing back.

I have a "new in box" Donkey Kong 3 board set which has never been played in mint condition.

Any ideas on an asking price?

Anyone got an idea how much avengers pro or avengers premium (or le) are going for?
And are there many in the uk?

As always condition is everything.

For a 3 year old Stern game with a theme that is becoming more well known thanks to numerous films I think you'll be looking at Pro between £3K and £4.5K and Premium/LE add 1.5-2K.

I'm not sure I agree tbh, popularity of the game means more than how new it is. Avengers is not well thought of as a game by many/most (like transformers and 24 and CSI) so I'd put its value closer to another recent Stern like Rolling Stones.

I know The Sarge loves his mick-on-a-stick, and I don't wanna **** on Peter's sale price, but I think those numbers are a little high. Interested to hear other opinions

I'm not sure I agree tbh, popularity of the game means more than how new it is. Avengers is not well thought of as a game by many/most (like transformers and 24 and CSI) so I'd put its value closer to another recent Stern like Rolling Stones.

I know The Sarge loves his mick-on-a-stick, and I don't wanna **** on Peter's sale price, but I think those numbers are a little high. Interested to hear other opinions
I would put Avengers Pro 2.5 - 3, and LE nearer 4

although I didn't like it to play , id probably bite an ops hand off at 2.5 or less purely due to rarity and theme. these are so hard to price as none come up for sale to compare

Regarding Avengers, it's actually a cracking game once you get into it. The factory default of hard means not many people give it a chance and walk off thinking what Dan says. Having put a few games on them I think its a good cross between IM and X-men, both of which are very popular games.

Regarding Avengers, it's actually a cracking game once you get into it. The factory default of hard means not many people give it a chance and walk off thinking what Dan says. Having put a few games on them I think its a good cross between IM and X-men, both of which are very popular games.
There is often some very good games lurking in these later Sterns. There are a few games that they released with awful code and Pinside then crucified them.
I'm of the opinion to try a game before condemning it as crap. I'm currently very much enjoying a CSI. A very different type of game to the usual mode based offerings. Multi layered multiballs and a peculiar layout. Good fun.

There is often some very good games lurking in these later Sterns. There are a few games that they released with awful code and Pinside then crucified them.
I'm of the opinion to try a game before condemning it as crap. I'm currently very much enjoying a CSI. A very different type of game to the usual mode based offerings. Multi layered multiballs and a peculiar layout. Good fun.
Agree. Many of the initial opinions are formed after only a game or 2 at a Show or on location.... and then they stick, the herd mentality kicks in and before you know it people who have never even played it are chiming in with opinions.

Games often only ever come into their own with home ownership or extensive site play.

**** initial code also doesn't help. It's hard to shake off an initial opinion.

I've had several that I've enjoyed at home but hated on initial play in the wild. Metallica fell into this category. Bought one on a whim and discovered it was nothing like I thought it would be from playing it when it first came out.

**** initial code also doesn't help. It's hard to shake off an initial opinion.

I've had several that I've enjoyed at home but hated on initial play in the wild. Metallica fell into this category. Bought one on a whim and discovered it was nothing like I thought it would be from playing it when it first came out.
Walking Dead was like that for me. Played it on location with early code and a hair trigger tilt and thought it was dreadful.
I now own one and believe it is one of the finest games of its generation.

Agree. Many of the initial opinions are formed after only a game or 2 at a Show or on location.... and then they stick, the herd mentality kicks in and before you know it people who have never even played it are chiming in with opinions.

Games often only ever come into their own with home ownership or extensive site play.
I also think the art package has damaged a lot of Sterns.
WPT is a classic example. Great game with weak artwork.

Reactions: RGV
Back
Top Bottom