What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The eBay Auctions / Facebook / Gumtree / Shpock 2023 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Fully working" LW3 on e Bay....
£3.50 for the coin door lock and the fully working pinball comes with it free.

Last edited:
This one is being quickly bid up.

You chaps will know better but this seems a very hefty price.

Last edited:

Pinbot is a great game, so yes it will get some good bids. The EM game is well overpriced.

I see you are looking for your first game. Please dont buy something off ebay, much is overpriced! - better to buy off a reputable member on here.

15 bids over 6 bidders with over 5 days to go on the auction.. 🙄 I did have my eye on it 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, but bidded up by 2 people from £1,059 to £1,935 - which is a classic shill bidding tactic in order to try and get more money for the item...!
Let’s hope that one of the helping bidders ends up with it. EBay’s great but this is its downfall.
Or they just really want it and can’t not be highest bidder. If that’s the case good luck 😂

Having owned one, it’s a great game although, having owned one, I prefer Jackbot.
I owned a Jackbot for about 8 years, have Pinbot now and prefer it but I’m an oldskool arcader👾
Let’s hope that one of the helping bidders ends up with it. EBay’s great but this is its downfall.
Or they just really want it and can’t not be highest bidder. If that’s the case good luck 😂
I bought a nice one from here a year or so ago for £2k which is what the seller paid for it a week before so make sure you like it, he hated it.

I guess this is a scam, or do some people put up their Christmas trees this early 🤔 Screenshot_20231106-160443_Facebook.jpg

the decorations in the bungalow across from mine has had them up since 2 weeks ago.

There’s one thing asking a price but another thing getting it especially in the current market.
I’ve been trying to work out how much eBay actually charge if I list my Mario and is that the reason we see 5k T2’s to offset the fees.
Anyone done a Classified on eBay?

There’s one thing asking a price but another thing getting it especially in the current market.
I’ve been trying to work out how much eBay actually charge if I list my Mario and is that the reason we see 5k T2’s to offset the fees.

Dont think you can do a Classified Listing for a Pin on eBay, they only allow it in certain categories.

Anything else is standard 12.8% of the final sales price plus 30p, upto £5000 then anything over that is 3%

They do occasionally do deals where you get 80% off final value fees.

eBay take near 13% in fees.

https://finalfeecalc.co.uk

Most people wait till eBay do a promo. There are often 80% off selling fees, usually at weekends but not everyone gets the offer I do not think. You can check here, but also check the eBay app on mobile.

https://pages.ebay.co.uk/promos/10026x20/

I had the offer last weekend but didn't know if I would have had the time to list stuff. No promo offer for me this weekend.

Looks to have a new playfield and plastics in. £9k is steep, but Phil is asking for £15k for his restored WH2O, so maybe it's a bargain!

Working it out...

Donor cab - £3500
Color DMD - £500
New playfield - £1000?
Cab decals, ramps, plastics, LEDs - £500
Chromed parts - £500
Labour to swap pf etc - £1000

= £7k + 20%VAT = Best part of £8500

I might be way off on some of the costs, but I don't think it's "that" pricey for a complete rebuild with new parts etc

Your not paying vat on a donar cab or the colordmd from uk. More like 6k I'd have thought depending on when you bought the cab orignally one could be picked up for under 3k couple of years ago. Do the work yourself dropping another 1k so depending on who done it and when potentially alot less Eitherways priced for a different market than here or someone who really loves the game, doesn't want /able to so the work, has the money

Your not paying vat on a donar cab or the colordmd from uk. More like 6k I'd have thought depending on when you bought the cab orignally one could be picked up for under 3k couple of years ago. Do the work yourself dropping another 1k so depending on who done it and when potentially alot less Eitherways priced for a different market than here or someone who really loves the game, doesn't want /able to so the work, has the money

But if they sell the cab at £7/8/9k, they pay 20% vat for the final price, no?

Looks to have a new playfield and plastics in. £9k is steep, but Phil is asking for £15k for his restored WH2O, so maybe it's a bargain!
Mine has a new PF and plastics, Cab decals etc etc, however i wouldnt value it at £9k.
Maybe that includes £4k delivery and installation charges.

Yes i know they have a business to run, alongside associated costs... however...

Maybe i should be.... 👀😇

I’ve got a nice FT that Manny restored the cab for me and sorted a few more bits like chrome and oak rails, have a new playfield to fit to make perfect. Also had licensed decals from pinball heaven back in the day that don’t look over saturated.
£9k is strong money but no doubt it will sell, one of the best games😁
Had mine 15 years and will go to the kids when I’m gone.
Only have FT left from that old pic😁

Attachments

• 561E41FE-1D77-4667-A38A-3978C868C530.png
    561E41FE-1D77-4667-A38A-3978C868C530.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
  • D41DAE84-E4CB-4497-9497-14267C81A73F.jpeg
    D41DAE84-E4CB-4497-9497-14267C81A73F.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 45

Some observations on this Popeye from the forums resident self proclaimed Popeye aficionado .... me :D

Cab is faded to f*** - no red left from what I can see.

The Swee Pea ramp area on the upper playfield is missing the crucial posts , and also seems to be missing the metal lane dividers that sit behind it. This is bad. The absence of these makes the whole feature impossible to play as intended and turns it into a switch hit lottery. Those lane dividers are known to break off - and need rewelding. Good luck finding some.

The boat cleats on the apron are missing , mounting holes covered with blue tape. These are unobtainium, you might find some model boat replacements that are close.

The lower right GI seems to be out.

It has the crappier flat Bluto head.

It has the more uncommon but uglier metal feed ramp top left.

It has a credit dot showing. Could be something simple. Or not.

Capture.JPG

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Reactions: DRD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom