What's new

South Coast Slam 2014 - Raiders Of The Lost Arcade. Official thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won a Roland Rat Pack back in the 80's.
Comprised of a rubber , pencil. Sharpener, pencil, ruler and notebook. I was beside myself with excitement!!!
"Mmmmmmmmm Rat fans"

Last edited:
Anyway, what I meant to say on this thread before being distracted was that I've just bought 3 weekend tickets for the slam. Do I just print off the eBay and/or PayPal confirmations to use as tickets?

Also, nobody should be getting excited about winning the IJ pinball because my sister is having it as it's her 30th birthday!

Anyway, what I meant to say on this thread before being distracted was that I've just bought 3 weekend tickets for the slam. Do I just print off the eBay and/or PayPal confirmations to use as tickets?

Yes you do - just present to the lovely ladies at the entrance desk for yr Weekend wristband.

Thanks for the purchase ! And see you at the Slam :cool:

Big thanks to Charlie and Cindy @ the wonderful Seattle Pinball Museum who are kindly donating some prizes to the Charity raffle :cool: If you are ever in Seattle then the SPM is a must visit, you'll be guaranteed a warm welcome and a cold beer.
My sister went to SPM after she asked me if I knew anything cool, and a bit different, to do in Seattle. Here's a few pics of her and her boyfriend playing my favourite pinball BLACK HOLE just for me!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterduerden/sets/72157641710252605/

TOURNAMENT CLARIFICATION

OK ... a few folk seem to be a little confused over Tournament entry at the Slam.

Admission price for either one day or the whole weekend gets you admission to the Show but NOT automatic entry to any tournaments.

As in previous years the tournaments and hi score competitions require additional payment - all proceeds going to the Charity pot also.

Super Slam Showdown (Saturday) - £10 (£8 if pre registered) Demand for places is high so pre registration recommended to guarantee a place. http://www.pinballnews.com/southcoastslam/sss2014_register.html

Classics tournament (Sunday) - £5 Pay on the day, no pre registration required.

High Score competitions (both days) - on 2 or 3 diff machines. Pay to play - £1 a go, Kids High Score 50p a go

Psych Out competition (Sunday) - (to be confirmed) £1 a go.

NBA Fastbreak Challenge (Saturday) - full details to follow, the Northern Lights guys will announce shortly I'm sure. Usually around £7.50 entrance. Places are limited so Pre registration normally required. EDIT - Registration opening later this week

Cheers all

Last edited:
I just had an idea for the South Coast Slam and wondered if anyone thought there is any mileage in it:

I have loads of bits and bobs that I don't need anymore like a Fish Tales apron, LW3 drop target decals, TAF insert decals etc etc that I don't really need, and the Slam would be an ideal place to sell them or give them away to anyone who might want them. I am sure most of us have similar supplies of unwanted stuff.

So I thought what if I just stuck it in the back of my car, and there was some sort of notice board where I could list the stuff I want get rid of and my name and mobile number on a postcard or something. Then if anyone wanted anything they could just get in contact and get it there and then, without having to bother with postage and packing and all that.

I don't know if this has been done before and proved not to work, or it might be unfair on people who are selling goods from stands, but I just figured with so many pinheads in one place it would be an ideal opportunity to get rid of or pick up some of the stuff that is doubtless lying around and not being used.

Any thoughts on that? No doubt those involved with organizing the Slam have more than enough on their plates, but I'd be happy to organize this if it would be useful.

Sounds like a good idea - As shows approach I've seen several "For Sale" posts on here with the offer of "Can bring to <Insert show> if preferred" as a delivery option and at the last Pinball Party at Daventry there was a selection of 2nd-hand plastics available on the ticket desk.

Take it up with @GrizZ and the rest of the Slammers. Should be easy enough to stick a notice board up.

I still need to sort a hotel for this!

Was thinking of staying Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, anyone else still need a hotel room / want to share with me?

And hopefully I'll be bringing Rollergames, as I think I'll only be able to transport one pin and you've already got two I500s on the list! (That and I've borrowed the power driver board out of it to fix Tim's FT)

Anyone bringing a poopeye wouldn't mind a go to see how poo it is.
Also does anyone know what machines are gonna be for sale or trade at the slam

Anyone bringing a poopeye wouldn't mind a go to see how poo it is.

Not that I know of, you'll be disappointed because its actually a decent game ....as I may have mentioned before :cool:

Also does anyone know what machines are gonna be for sale or trade at the slam

No definitive list - in the last few weeks leading up to the Slam people will sometimes mention on here, or Yahoo etc, if they have games for sale/ trade. I'll almost certainly have a STTNG for sale and possibly some of my keepers :(

Sounds like a good idea - As shows approach I've seen several "For Sale" posts on here with the offer of "Can bring to <Insert show> if preferred" as a delivery option and at the last Pinball Party at Daventry there was a selection of 2nd-hand plastics available on the ticket desk.

Take it up with @GrizZ and the rest of the Slammers. Should be easy enough to stick a notice board up.

Yep sounds like a good idea. I'll run it by the guys tomorrow night at the SCS curry and **** up planning meeting ;) :D

Not that I know of, you'll be disappointed because its actually a decent game ....as I may have mentioned before :cool:

No definitive list - in the last few weeks leading up to the Slam people will sometimes mention on here, or Yahoo etc, if they have games for sale/ trade. I'll almost certainly have a STTNG for sale and possibly some of my keepers :(

Keepers nooo

I'm going to book my room later tonight I think, what's the better guest house? High Beach or Marina? Leaning towards the Marina as it's described as quirky! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom