What's new

South Coast Slam 2014 - Raiders Of The Lost Arcade. Official thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dependts if you have had any beer.
Best is to leave at the venue as parking near the Travelodge will be near immpossible. Team up with someone staying at the Travelodge for a lift there and back. Usual thing that happens is about twenty bodies climb into the back of a Transit at the venue and fall out at the hotel a little shaken but in one piece.
Ahhh the tradition of being in the back of a van with no lighting and a vague feeling that next time the door opens we'll all be sold into slavery. I remember a variation on this being shut in there last time with a pin sat on end which seemed to shift everytime we went round a corner. Still beats a taxi hands down though;)

Is it just me but the http://www.southcoastslam.co.uk/ website seems offline. To be more specific the error message is "Oops! Google Chrome could not find www.southcoastslam.co.uk" which means it can't resolve the domain name to an IP address. I guess there's been another woopsie with the DNS...

I went there to buy weekend tickets. I've since found them on eBay but doesn't that mean they get ~£2 for every sale? Happy to go that way if it's the official route but when I last read the ticket page on southcoastsam.co.uk it said they'd be available there?

up soon - just waiting for the DNS's to finish (internally at the host)... Should be up soon.

I wanted to get it done now, rather than nearer to next weekend when tourny tickets go on sale and it gets busy lol... See there is a method in my madness lol

eta Paul? I need some info off the site that young William can't provide at present

Without reading the entire thread, how much is a raffle ticket guys?? and what, you can win an Indi Jones?? coooool if that's right

Simon

Not 100% on this yet BUT I believe previous years were £10 for a strip of 5 tickets, and £20 for 15 tickets.

The top prizes are a Williams Indiana Jones pinball machine - redecalled cab , stripped and cleaned playfield ....all happening as we speak. And an original 1985 Atari Indiana Jones And The Temple of Doom arcade cab.

:cool:

Lots of other prizes but those are the big hitters.

Cheers Grizz, Wow, amazing prizes. Fingers crossed no one else buys any tickets cept me ;)

So who funds these machines mate? are they donated, or sold to the raffle and hope a profit is made for the charity or something??

How many tickets are there for sale? What is the total cost of buying all the tickets vs value of those awesome prizes?

So then Grizz, seems a bit pointless taking the Baywatch back home with you after the slam,perhaps you should let me take it off your hands and you concentrate on the other machines :D

Si

and even
tually young Will will send pics showing actual info such as plug ratings etc-nah mebbe not :)

The only thing I've ever won in my whole life was a £300 pair of discus (tropical fish)
I won a Christmas hat competition when I was a kid. My hat was a giant 3-foot Christmas cracker. I think the prize was a Berol colouring book and pens. One of the greatest moments of my life. Only other thing I've won was a radio-controlled car photo competition. I bought it from http://www.modelsport.co.uk/ and they ran a random photo comp on Facebook when it was snowing - Best Snow Pic Wins Something. Well, I went out in the dark, snapped a piccy and entered. I won a Losi Micro Short Course Truck! http://www.modelsport.co.uk/losi-1-...t-course-truck-silver-/rc-car-products/371278

This was the winning photo:

MySlashInTheSnow.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom