What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired Romans/PDI Glass (Standard, Wide Body & Safecracker Sizes)

Expired Due to no activity
Welcome to the forum @Diw, I've added 2 standard and 1 wide body sheet to the list.

Not sure if there will be sufficient glass to fulfil this in January as Roman received 30% less glass than he ordered. I don't know how much he ordered in total though and whether it will have and effect on how much I can get on this pallet. I'm in active discussion with him as we speak though and should have a definite answer within the next couple of days.

Cheers fella, if it can't I fully understand, I'm really late to the game on this one, are you planning any future orders?

Cheers fella, if it can't I fully understand, I'm really late to the game on this one, are you planning any future orders?

Quite possibly yea, it all depends on demand really. It can only be safely shipped over on a special glass pallet which can hold up to 80 sheets. Although it doesn't need to be filled, the more on it the more cost effective shipping becomes. I'm hoping to be able to secure enough glass on this run to fill a pallet to capacity which will fulfil what everybody has asked for with a few spares left over.

Understandably demand is highest for standard size sheets. Unfortunately due to manufacturing defects I wasn't able to secure enough perfect standard sheets to fulfil what was wanted on the first batch I imported in July last year. There was literally enough to the last sheet to fulfil everyones wants bar my own (49 sheets). Whatever happens I'll keep this thread running and maintain a list of demand and place future orders as soon as numbers are sufficient to make shipping a pallet viable. If the last year is anything to go by this probably won't take long, although the lead times to manufacture and deliver are! To keep things fair available glass will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

Have you got a latest update @aaronhicksuk ?
Latest update is I'm expecting to have glass on the move very soon. I need to check in with Roman to see how he is getting on, last time I spoke to him he was half way through audting his latest batch. Hopefully this is nearing completion and he will have the quantity required.
You can put me down for 1 standard sheet if there are any left overs
All being well should have a sheet for you in this order. Watch this space for an update very soon......

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pdi-glass-not-shipping#post-2946163

This was posted by Roman on Pinside:

Dear all,

to avoid any further speculation and to soothe some eligible concern I'd like to give you some feedback
firsthand.
As coated glass is a more complex product we produce, issues occur.
We solve issues if they occur.
We are now at the solving stage and I hope that we will be able to ship the glass in mid March
to Joey and all other countries.
I do feel sorry for the delay on one side and I hope on the other that you understand that we are taking care to
keep the quality as good as you've experienced it in the past.
I'll keep you posted...

Roman

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pdi-glass-not-shipping#post-2946163

This was posted by Roman on Pinside:

Dear all,

to avoid any further speculation and to soothe some eligible concern I'd like to give you some feedback
firsthand.
As coated glass is a more complex product we produce, issues occur.
We solve issues if they occur.
We are now at the solving stage and I hope that we will be able to ship the glass in mid March
to Joey and all other countries.
I do feel sorry for the delay on one side and I hope on the other that you understand that we are taking care to
keep the quality as good as you've experienced it in the past.
I'll keep you posted...

Roman
I was last in contact with Roman last week at which point he hoped to have the glass back from the manufacturer in 2-3 weeks. The date keeps being pushed back but hopefully he should have all the glass we want soon. I wasn't aware about the thread on Pinside but it sounds like he has plenty of orders to go out from all over the world!

For me the most important thing is that the quality is bang on like the last batch. As I've said before I'm going to order as much glass as will fit on a pallet, 80 sheets. Most of this is already allocated to those who have asked for it, with about 10 sheets extra left over most of which will be standard size.

No updates as of yet but we are definitely due one, so I'll ask the question and report back as soon as I get a response.

Latest update, apparently it was only possilbe to supply Joey (US Distributor) with the new batch as there wasn't enough raw coated glass. Roman apologises for the delay and has a lot on order which he is expecting in April, so there should be enough for everyone then. The quantity we want probably isn't helping but it seems there is light at the end of the tunnel!

@System11 Yea there will be spares when they arrive, hopefully this month based on my last conversation with Roman.

What would you like, 1 sheet of standard?

To everyone: I'll email Roman later on for an update, hopefully the glass is nearly ready now. We've been waiting so long the exchange rate isn't what it was for the last batch though....

Yes please, I'm planning to do some pinball streaming so I can swap it around onto whichever machine is under the camera.

@System11 Yea there will be spares when they arrive, hopefully this month based on my last conversation with Roman.

What would you like, 1 sheet of standard?

To everyone: I'll email Roman later on for an update, hopefully the glass is nearly ready now. We've been waiting so long the exchange rate isn't what it was for the last batch though....

I have a few sheets coming separately (was more convenient as I'm nowhere near you and lack a car). It was £1/€1.4 when I ordered. It hit £1/€1.233 earlier today ... I reckon it may get as low as £1/€1.12-1.15 before the vote in June, meteoric recovery afterwards if we remain, drops like a stone if we leave. I've been trying to put together a small collection of machines before then in the last few months, hedging against the possibility of Sterling becoming permanently worthless. Pound has sunk far enough now that I won't get anything else though. Absolutely dreading June ... whole country is totally screwed if we leave.

Yes please, I'm planning to do some pinball streaming so I can swap it around onto whichever machine is under the camera.

I recognise you from the various Twitch chats ;)

That's a good idea. It makes a huge difference, and will be very noticeable on camera, particularly with machines with lower contrast PFs and / or more garish / flashy lights.

Hi Aaron

I already have a large sheet with you but can you add in two standards please? :)

@Dave Bishop : I have you down for 1 standard already, is this right or would you like 2?
@Flyte: Sure no problem, I'll add 2 standards on to the list for you.

I still need to get in touch with Roman but have been pretty tied up with work this week as I'm an IT contractor in schools so school holidays are are busiest time. I'll endeavour to provide a delivery update asap though and hoping to finally put this to bed in the very near future!

Hi Aaron

Can I be a pain and add some more sheets to my order.

At the moment I'm down for 2 x standards. Can I change it to 4 x standards (might as well do all the shed machines at the same time)

Cheers

John

@BigBear77, I've added you to the list and shouldn't imagine it will be a problem however it does knock the total up to 82 sheets on a pallet capacity of about 80 sheets.

As promised earlier here is the current glass order list:

@aaronhicksuk : 4 Std & 1 Wide
@tyke : 3 Std
@J.C.Rox : 2 Std & 1 Wide
@pinsinthewild : 4 Std & 4 Wide
@Jumbosinbad360 : 1 Wide
@john valentine : 1 Std
@Monkeyboypaul : 1 Std & 1 Wide
@Archyta5 : 1 Std
@johnwhitfield : 4 Std
@Ian : 2 Std, 1 Wide & 1 Safecracker
@Julian : 4 Std & 1 Safecracker
@bartron : 1 Std
@Matt Vince : 2 Std
@Jon at home : 1 Wide
@thewool : 2 Std & 1 Wide
@Paul : 2 Std & 1 Safecracker
@Dave Bishop : 1 Std
@Wiredworm : 1 Std
@Andy_B : 1 Std
@Kilgore : 2 Std & 1 Wide
@Harry Bolt : 3 Std
@Kevin : 4 Std
@ianw :2 Std
@JT : 1 Std
David Dutton ? : 2 Std
@Wayne J : 1 Std
@jonathan : 1 Std
@robdown :1 Std
@Flyte : 2 Std & 1 Wide
@Pin head : 1 Std
@Diw : 2 Std & 1 Wide
@Snux : 1 Std
@System11 : 1 Std
@BigBear77 : 4 Std & 1 Wide

Total: 64 Standard, 15 Wide & 3 Safecracker
Grand Total : 82 Sheets

Based on the current exchange rate this batch is going to work out a bit more expensive than the last. Unfortunately standard and Safecracker will now be £140 a sheet and Widebody £150. Please let me know if I have your requirements noted correctly or if you wish to make any changes to your order.

It is a hell of a lot of glass thats for sure! The order has actually just dropped from 82 to 79 sheets so it will definitely fit on a pallet as it stands! We had 66 sheets on the batch last year. I think there are many things about this hobby that would be difficult to explain to a non pinhead! :cuckoo:

Back
Top Bottom