What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UK pinball event - Daventry August 25th & 26th 2018

I’m plugging, I guess the question is, how far are you right now from making it work?

Pinfest in Newcastle Australia really pushes for the general puplic to come along. The organisers generally get good local press and radio coverage. Last couple of years the TV even turned up to cover the event.

As @Homepin has said, perhaps a press release to a/some local newspapers, get it in the local what’s on guide. You could even give some tickets to the local paper for journalist attendance and a local competition...

Yoi could put some adverts up on Gumtree (I think they have an events section)

Auction a couple of tickets on eBay.

You could also agree a tweet/Facebook post, let everyone know when it’s going up and create a group share, so everyone attending shares a post with dates and pricing and a link to buy, maybe a family ticket price for the day, then everyone shares that post to crest traction.

I’m more than happy to help with any/all of the above if you’d like.

@philpalmer was given a load of flyers last October to send out with orders.

I've contacted quite a few Daventry "What's On" groups. I'll search for more.

@James Thanks for all the links. It's going to work. There's no fear of that. The event will happen 100%. The question is how much I'm going to be out of pocket. I know a lot of people just turn up on the day and pay cash but it's the ticket sales that make me sleep better. I've learnt that with NERG. It's generally 50/50

I suppose the less people that turn up, the more chance you get to play the machines :rofl:

@Big Phil - Where can people buy tickets from mate? I'll include that in the banner ive just put up, as well as seeing if i can shove it elsewhere :)

Cheers
Paul

@Big Phil Let's hope all the above works and more tickets are sold. If at the event you are still short, tot up by how much and do a Sunday 'donation' box. I don't want to see anyone out of pocket for such a great event and all the effort involved so I will happily donate more ££ and hopefully others will. The more people that donate the less it is per person. If we don't collectively there won't be another. Cheers.

Unlike nerg there will be virtually no passing trade, less than 5%.So also based on previous years most tickets are pre booked. AS I said, use it or lose it.Same with NLP at play Blackpool in October.

Mr H got a small advert in the Metro whats on section the Friday of the show and even my non gaming friends send me a link to it.

TV have a habit of turning up at a show and running a feature on the Monday. great exposure for pinball but not for the event

always like to post to this classic clip

Although central birmingham is obviously more accessible , in 1986 midlands today ran a small interview with a collector who had (shock!) two arcade pinballs in his house. cue pinball wizard and "hes a bit of a loon" but it did get folks throught he door on the Saturday. maybe someone local with a few games could be THAT loon for 2018?

Mr H got a small advert in the Metro whats on section the Friday of the show and even my non gaming friends send me a link to it.

TV have a habit of turning up at a show and running a feature on the Monday. great exposure for pinball but not for the event

always like to post to this classic clip

Although central birmingham is obviously more accessible , in 1986 midlands today ran a small interview with a collector who had (shock!) two arcade pinballs in his house. cue pinball wizard and "hes a bit of a loon" but it did get folks throught he door on the Saturday. maybe someone local with a few games could be THAT loon for 2018?

Is that a very young Mike Parkins playing right at the start ??? Or just a lookey likey :D

Hi we would be happy to donate if you post how much and to what account. We love pinfest at daventry and without you guys we know it would not happen. Really appreciate it!

I look after a couple of machines in Chester-le-Street, the husband & wife haven’t a clue how they work. They’ve been to the last 4 NERGs.
I dropped them this yesterday,
48601E42-1B31-4B45-AD4F-EF4F07845D9C.png

He’s just rung to say 2 tickets booked ?

There’s probably more of this type of pinhead than us lot throughout the country but how to inform them? I can only think of flyers (fliers?) from parts suppliers, PH, mania, daze etc. In with orders.
I don’t suppose it would be legal for these suppliers to do what I’ve done on a grander scale i.e. use their mailing lists to inform them unsolicited due to data protection.
Alan.

Or maybe, As a lot of UK pinball info guys can't make it do a machine raffle.

1 Prize a machine @10,20,30 a ticket. that would save people donating with getting a chance of a machine.
Price and type of machine 750 em or so £10 ss 1kish £20

Get sales before and during and have the draw on the Sunday

We had great success with the Machine raffles at the Slams

2010 Popeye
2011 Whitewater
2012 Star Trek Next Gen
2014 Minty Williams IJ and lovely Atari IJ arcade

Easily covered cost of the machines - although prices were considerably lower then ..I think the WH20 cost 600 off Ebay :D - and then all the rest went to charidee :thumbs:

Last edited:
We had great success with the Machine raffles at the Slams

2010 Popeye
2011 Whitewater
2012 Star Trek Next Gen
2014 Minty Williams IJ and lovely Atari IJ arcade

Easily covered cost of the machines - although prices were considerably lower then ..I think the WH20 cost 600 off Ebay :D - and then all the rest went to charidee :thumbs:

Wasn't the vid fooked

@Big Phil
Pretty certain they’re kosher. I was trying to explain how to get the cheaper room rate but he said he’d booked an apartment in Rugby so there’d be distance between him & his missus at night. He snores.

It was only one ticket. Unless they mean they've booked up the hotel and they're just going to pay on the door.

I've also just sent an invite to Team Pinball. Hopefully we can get The Mafia to the event.

It was only one ticket. Unless they mean they've booked up the hotel and they're just going to pay on the door.

I've also just sent an invite to Team Pinball. Hopefully we can get The Mafia to the event.

Long flight from Sicily

Back
Top Bottom