What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UK pinball event - Daventry August 25th & 26th 2018

I doubt it. All depends how setup goes in readiness for the Friday evening session.

No worries, the offer for just a setup support is there, I am booked in for Friday night and just means leaving work at lunch or at 4.

UK open and classics prizes now announced...

Prizes: Cash prizes and trophies will be awarded to the top four players in each tournament, with cash prizes for everyone down to 16th place. Anyone who makes it to the last 16 in either tournament will win their £15 entry fee back. For every round survived up to the final, the cash prize will double. So, the last 8 will all win £30 each. Get to the last 4 and double it to £60. Get third place and double that again to £120. For the final two, the winner receives a £300 cash prize, and second place receives £200. That makes a total prize package of over £1,800 - our biggest payout ever, with the most places paid.

I don't get this then, you're saying there's a last 16, the site says this:

The four players with the most wins will qualify for Sunday's play-offs (for each session). Wouldn't that make it a last 8?

I don't get this then, you're saying there's a last 16, the site says this:

The four players with the most wins will qualify for Sunday's play-offs (for each session). Wouldn't that make it a last 8?
I assumed Pete meant 4 from every group of 10....is that right?

Yes, top 4 from each group of ten. Means 32 will qualify for Sunday. A win in the first round of the ko will put you in the last 16. Except I don't think we've taken into account the impact of the loser bracket so might have to rethink the wording a little.

Yes, top 4 from each group of ten. Means 32 will qualify for Sunday. A win in the first round of the ko will put you in the last 16. Except I don't think we've taken into account the impact of the loser bracket so might have to rethink the wording a little.
So is it esentially a double elimination knockout stage?
Thanks

Does anybody know if there are some rooms left? Just tried phoning and they say they are full but didnt seem to have a clue about 'UKPINFEST' special rate so wasnt sure if there are some reserved for this.

Thanks.

I booked a twin room this morning no problem

Was talking with a Danielle Lawrence in reservations
Thanks, was that for the Saturday night?

It sounded like it had just been put through to an overseas call centre rather than directly to the hotel.

I originally called them yesterday but was told the resevations girls where all off due to unavoidable circumstances.
They offered to take my details and get them to give me a call but i said i would just ring back when i was free.

Rang today, hit 1 then 2 in the automated menu and got through and booked no problem, maybe Danielle is on a half day or something, it did sound like they were short staffed going on my call yesterday. It was a bloke called Ben yesterday

Did you ring the number on the website ok? 01327 307000 although i think that the general number for the Mercure anyhow

oh and it was for Friday and Saturday nights, was asked if i wanted a twin or a double so i assumed there were still both available

You have to speak direct to the hotel reservations. If you get the central booking team, you'll not get one. I guess if their lines are busy, you'll get the central booking team.

OK people, for this to be a success, I really need your help spreading the word. If you haven't already liked the social feeds, please do. Try and share some posts. Especially the exclusives like Thunderbirds, Kill Bill, TNA, Houdini, Iron Maiden. And here's why.

I'm putting on this event as cheap and as fair as possible for you all.

It's been run as an event put on by an enthusiast, not an event run as a business.

You've got a cracking rate for hotel rooms and beer in the main hall.

You have two European pinball exclsuives.

Must sell more tickets. I need to at least break even :)

OK people, for this to be a success, I really need your help spreading the word. If you haven't already liked the social feeds, please do. Try and share some posts. Especially the exclusives like Thunderbirds, Kill Bill, TNA, Houdini, Iron Maiden. And here's why.

I'm putting on this event as cheap and as fair as possible for you all.

It's been run as an event put on by an enthusiast, not an event run as a business.

You've got a cracking rate for hotel rooms and beer in the main hall.

You have two European pinball exclsuives.

Must sell more tickets. I need to at least break even :)

When we did the South Coast Slams (RIP ) we listed on Ebay.....we did sell some tickets , but it was primarily to advertise it. I'm not sure what their current policy is on events listing but might be worth considering.

We also hammered Gumtree with adverts.

Back
Top Bottom