What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UK pinball event - Daventry August 25th & 26th 2018

You think his personal expenses were *just* from the hotel? :p

I know what I do believe, and that's money I had to sub him on occasion to help keep show expenses afloat at a point where it was impossible to say no.

Hi, I have never attended this type of event before. I would like to turn up on the day and play some different pins. I assume i wont get near the newer stuff as there will be huge interest. However, i would like to know that if the show is well attended, and i hope it is, will i get to play some machines? is there a protocol to get to have a go on a particular model, ie is a particular machine that is popular (or otherwise) allowed to be “hogged”? I don’t want to turn up and stand around watching other people play and I don’t want to feel stressed asking someone to move off a table if he or she has been on it for 1/2 an hour or so.
I hope you get where i’m Coming from, Thanks, Tom

Hi, I have never attended this type of event before. I would like to turn up on the day and play some different pins. I assume i wont get near the newer stuff as there will be huge interest. However, i would like to know that if the show is well attended, and i hope it is, will i get to play some machines? is there a protocol to get to have a go on a particular model, ie is a particular machine that is popular (or otherwise) allowed to be “hogged”? I don’t want to turn up and stand around watching other people play and I don’t want to feel stressed asking someone to move off a table if he or she has been on it for 1/2 an hour or so.

Hey Tom

No one ever hogs the machines at these events, everyone has a mutual respect for each other and therefore is aware of people waiting.

So usually it’s one game and move on!

There is a massive selection of machine new and old and you’ll get to play them all :)

Hey Tom

No one ever hogs the machines at these events, everyone has a mutual respect for each other and therefore is aware of people waiting.

There is a massive selection of machine new and old and you’ll get to play them all :)
That’s great to hear, i look forward to attending.

Hey Tom

And they may even ask if you would like to play a 2 player game and that way you get to know people ;)

You will end up waiting to get on some machines. Others will be available to just walk up and play.
Usually you will only have to wait a short while to get on a particular machine though. I usually just play something else and come back later if a machine I want to have a go on is busy.
If you want to play while it's less busy so you can get on more machines, your best bet is booking one of the late night sessions (if there are any left available) as these are limited to 100 (maybe 150?) people, the majority of which will be people from here, so you'll get to play more machines with less queuing.

In all seriousness, the vast majority of people there will play their game, then take a look behind to see if anyone is waiting before starting another game or moving on.
If they do start another game, just ask them if you can play a 2 player game, they'll either say yes or step aside and let you play on your own.
Just make sure you do the same when you finish your game.

You'll no doubt find a number of machines with balls left in play as the previous person has walked away mid-game. It's such a pain to have to plunge the balls before you can start a fresh game - so I would ask that people donating machines set the machine to allow a restart just by pressing start, and/or set the machine to timed plunge. It certainly speeds things up.

There'll be staff patrolling the floor, with a beer in hand no doubt, keeping an eye on machines.

Just a quick question will there be any discount on certain beers and ciders as there has been in the past for pinball events, sorry if this has already been asked.

I’m planning to visit on the Saturday- quick question; I’m thinking of bringing by my 5yr old daughter, do other people bring young kids and are there any stools for them to stand on? Cheers.

Thanks Phil and all others involved in making this happen.

Are there many VIP tickets left? I'd like to play Saturday day and evening plus a little bit Sunday morning (must be off by midday). Is a £45 VIP ticket my only option? I read that if there are spaces left, £10 on the Sat evening would get entry but I presume that's not a guarantee...?

EDIT: we have a 12 year old with us. Is the Saturday evening adults only?

Thanks!

James

Last edited:
Still 58 VIP left so Saturday evening entry at £10 will most likely happen. Kids are welcome too :)

I just phoned the hotel and they’re completely booked out for rooms on the Saturday. Better see if I can get something in the local area before getting tickets!

Did you mention pinfest when you rang ?

I believe the hotel is booked out to pinfest. Had a few that have got knocked back but reran did and quoted pinfest and got rooms

Of course they may be sold out by now but worth checking

Yeah I did mention it but she said all rooms are booked for the Saturday - both Pinfest and non Pinfest. At least it’s good news for the festival. Think I might have secured an AirBnB round the corner.

Yeah I did mention it but she said all rooms are booked for the Saturday - both Pinfest and non Pinfest. At least it’s good news for the festival. Think I might have secured an AirBnB round the corner.

Did you speak to booking team or reception... as booking team are unable to make booking for the group booking...

I had this issue also

Did you speak to booking team or reception... as booking team are unable to make booking for the group booking...

I had this issue also

Yes, I also went the booking team route first. When I eventually got through to reception, the lady had heard of the UKPinfest offer but couldn’t honour it as the hotel was full.

Back
Top Bottom