What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UK pinball event - Daventry August 25th & 26th 2018

Well I'm a classic Anderson fan, so I'm already keen to give it a once-over.

Captain Scarlet was his best series, but Supercar is my personal favourite.

Anyone bringing a decent sized virtual cab with DOF and all the rest of it? I've seen some there the last time I was up but was out of order.
I Wouldn't mind seeing how the proc evil dead, jaws plays on a cab. I can turn the screen round and run full screen, but not the same experience as cab. If you have installed these games and want more let me know, I have a good few more than I've put out for download.

The mini virtual pin I bought will be there. Is that good enough?

If you have the game installed, it's no worries. I see a lot of cabs with all the bells and whistles, putting solenoids and the extras in the cab, just never been on one yet. The games are good on the desktop anyway but wanted to try it. The visual pinball has come a long way.

I took that one last time for someone else, safe to say that it won't be travelling this time.

Alright Pete how you been? All good, would be nice to experience one with bells and whistles etc, like said its come a long way now.

You got shot of the Robocop? Should've had that off you but circumstances change.

Housed (Working): Star Wars. Are you bringing this :) ?

@Big Phil What are the hours of the sunday (I couldn't see it on the site). I arrive off the ferry in Hull at 11ish. It's 2.5h to Daventry if I can convince our lass to come and not want to see her horse/dogs after being away for a week.

@Big Phil What are the hours of the sunday (I couldn't see it on the site). I arrive off the ferry in Hull at 11ish. It's 2.5h to Daventry if I can convince our lass to come and not want to see her horse/dogs after being away for a week.

It ends at 5pm on the Sunday, according to the top of the page :)
time2.jpg

Attachments

• time.png
    time.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 9
Alright Pete how you been? All good, would be nice to experience one with bells and whistles etc, like said its come a long way now.

You got shot of the Robocop? Should've had that off you but circumstances change.

Housed (Working): Star Wars. Are you bringing this :) ?

I'm good thanks. Yes Robocop is long gone. I doubt that Star Wars will be travelling but it's available to play any Friday night or at our next event on 5th August - http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/the-south-west-challenge-tournament-and-bbq.40135/ .

Cool, I'm quite a way from Salisbury at the moment otherwise would've been down playing it. There's a Tron on location literally 50 metres away from where I am atm so that's handy, couldn't get off it down your place.

If you haven't booked your hotel room yet, BOOK NOW!

The rooms are being released for general sale but they will still honour the agreed rate if you quote UKPinfest.

EVENT DETAILS!

We have access to the rooms from 1pm on Thursday 23rd August

All machines need to be setup in time for opening on Friday 25th August 7pm

A convenience food stall will be operating in the reception. Serving sarnies, crisps, pop chocolate bars, burger & chips, curry, rice and naan etc.....

The main restaurant will still be open.

If all VIP tickets haven't sold out, the Friday & Saturday evening session will be £10 per session if anyone else wants entry.

If you're staying over on Sunday night, machines can be left packed up in the main hall overnight but must be removed by 10:30am on Monday morning.

Think that's about it so far.....

If all VIP tickets haven't sold out, the Friday & Saturday evening session will be £10 per session if anyone else wants entry.

;)

Yes please - hopefully....thats if i make it.. :( I am off on hols around that time, and am shipping kids etc around the UK that weekend :mad: Still hoping to get there though at SOME POINT!! (Just dont know when yet!!)

PLEASE NOTE: -

I'm funding this event myself personally. I'm going to be lucky to break even. All customers will be given a wristband for the event upon entry. No wristband, no entry. Anyone caught trying to gain entry without purchasing a ticket will be asked to leave. No second chances.

And I've just paid the hotel in full. All has to be done up front for some reason....

Rightly bloody so as well @Big Phil - again is there any idea on the potential shortfall, I’m sure everyone will ensure that doesn’t happen, well I personally will be happy to give a little more for the event, if say your £1,000 down and there’s 100 attendees that’s £10 per ticket extra.

I absolutely want this to be a success and not a financial burden because even though I’ve not been to one, everyone speaks so highly of what these events are and I’m sure after this one, we would all love to see another, hence why no one wants this to be a personal burden, but (to a limited extent) a community effort to get it over the line.

I’m sure many like me will be paying on the door. I really hope you don’t end up out of pocket over this

PLEASE NOTE: -

I'm funding this event myself personally. I'm going to be lucky to break even. All customers will be given a wristband for the event upon entry. No wristband, no entry. Anyone caught trying to gain entry without purchasing a ticket will be asked to leave. No second chances.

And I've just paid the hotel in full. All has to be done up front for some reason....
Phil let me know what I need to order for Matt please (not bothered about nights just the sat & sun days?

Cheers

kev

I remember Andrew saying that the event always left him in the red at the end, the last one held at the Merthyr unit was partly an attempt to make it more economically viable.

Anyone with guest status basically just needs to turn up, or is there somebody specific we should be looking for?

You still believe things he told you?

Just report to the check in desk and you'll be ok.

Back
Top Bottom