What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New UK pinball event - Daventry August 25th & 26th 2018

fantastic first night. Neil’s Stall ball was a great laugh. even though i didn’t make it past the first ball. well done Neil[emoji2].

once again thank you very much organisers, helpers and machine donators. fantastic job everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone going today has any pin spares with them I need a GI connector suitable for connector J121 on a Williams please and thank you.

Getting very excited now - we're setting off to Daventry in a couple of hours, should be there 16.00ish . Look forward to meeting anyone whom I've not met before! Plus of course some familiar faces!!! See ya all soon.

PS - here's a pic of me n Clare - so you know who we are! (To avoid any confusion - I'm the one on the left :) )

View attachment 69764

Good to meet you and Claire Alan [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent event so far, have been very glad to contribute to this one, even if the van company I will neither name nor use again meant I only physically could bring one game, not two. When all done and dusted will post properly about the highlights for me personally.

But I do have to say, very importantly, if you're coming back for the Sunday session...

Google for what 'deodorant' is, use it liberally after a good shower, and make sure you don't have constant BO that resembles a particularly sulphurous, cheesy fart. Come on dude, you know who you are and it isn't on.

Excellent event so far, have been very glad to contribute to this one, even if the van company I will neither name nor use again meant I only physically could bring one game, not two. When all done and dusted will post properly about the highlights for me personally.

But I do have to say, very importantly, if you're coming back for the Sunday session...

Google for what 'deodorant' is, use it liberally after a good shower, and make sure you don't have constant BO that resembles a particularly sulphurous, cheesy fart. Come on dude, you know who you are and it isn't on.
Oh now that's a little harsh. I know it's unpleasant when someone smells but they'll be a forum member no doubt.

Anyhow, it's out there now.

Who ever that person is I don't know as I didn't go.
But you really should shower daily and change your clothes daily.

More people will like you if you smell nice :)

Sent from the comfort of my Sofa

Currently going on - the most mental game of quick relay pinball ever, started, streamed and organised by Neil. I claimed the honour of being first to lose a ball. Here's a sweaty jeans-pocket-phone-camera of the huge line to play!

Attachments

• IMG_20180825_210703.jpg
    IMG_20180825_210703.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 37
To say I had a surreal freaky Evening would bean an understatatement.At 46 it takes a lot To be freaky, but these pubs were surreal from spiced out barmaid to gentlemen club with an old style smoking room it was all too fooked up, but highly enjoyable

Last edited:
I had an excellent day yesterday. The first dedicated Pinball event I have been to. My only gripe was that the tournament machines never became available for regular play. That needs to be addressed as there were a number of machines in the tournament that I wanted to play but couldn’t. Surely there is a way to allow these machines to slowly become available one by one!?

I had an excellent day yesterday. The first dedicated Pinball event I have been to. My only gripe was that the tournament machines never became available for regular play. That needs to be addressed as there were a number of machines in the tournament that I wanted to play but couldn’t. Surely there is a way to allow these machines to slowly become available one by one!?

VIP session had all those games available to play!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

VIP session had all those games available to play!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If I am not mistaken a VIP ticket was only available for people that could make the whole weekend Fri-Sun? What about people like me that could only go for the day or couldn't shell out over £40 for a ticket?

I was there until 4.30pm yesterday and hoped they would become available (or at least a few of them) but no. All of the promoting I saw on Facebook that I saw mentioned 100 games to play but with no mention that around 20 of these were only playable if you were in the tournament (or a VIP it seems)

There's no reason why these machines could not be available to play for all guests after a certain time of the day or at random intervals. Again, it was a great day, I'm just saying I personally feel like this could have been made clearer and this bit surrounding tournament machines could have been organized so that there was an opportunity for everyone.

I am just giving my personal feedback and hope this is seen as constructive feedback. It's not in any way meant to attack the event organizers.

There were 100 machines over and above the competition. The competition machines were never listed in the machines available to play over the weekend as we just didn't know how long the they'd be tied up.

I listed TNA and Walking Dead as available to play but that was a miscommunication. Hold my hands up to that. And I know they're desirable machines to play which has made things worse.

As already mentioned, the comp machines were available to play in the evening VIP sessions.

So out of the 100 machines listed as available to play, you actually had more. Give me five minutes. I'll count them for you.

Jesus. I give a little bit of feedback worded with care and the mob jumps on you.

I might have had a good day but the experience is now unfortunately ruined.

There were some really nice titles in that tournament that would have been nice to play is all. Just a shame they were unable to be played by ‘regular’ day visitors is the overall message

I’d like to leave it there. Sorry I spoke.

Jesus. I give a little bit of feedback worded with care and the mob jumps on you.

I might have had a good day but the experience is now unfortunately ruined.

There were some really nice titles in that tournament that would have been nice to play is all. Just a shame they were unable to be played by ‘regular’ day visitors is the overall message

I’d like to leave it there. Sorry I spoke.

Confused. Only Phil the event organiser appears to have responded to your comments.

No mob has jumped on you. You've read my response in totally the wrong way. I'm not shouting at you. I'm not having a go at you. I'm responding to your feedback.

In the machine donation thread, at the end of the listed machines it says "Plus 20 Competition machines supplied by Special when lit which are NOT listed above."

If there was a specific machine you wanted to play, all you had to do was come and talk to me and I would have helped out if I could. Just like I did 30 minutes ago with another customer who wanted to play a certain game.

Thanks for coming along and supporting the event.

Back
Top Bottom