What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

I'm that skint I don't have one penny to rub itself never mind two to rub together :p

There are various other ways the forum can exploit you.
Own a car - take a dozen drunk pin nutters to an expo
Own a car - plse drive to Glasgow and collect this pin
Own a small car - don't worry, a bit of rope will hold that onto the roof, just don't go over 30.
Got eyes - just keep a lookout fur us mate, back in a minute, just collecting a pin whilst they're on holiday
Got arms and legs - just a quick lift up a couple of flights of stairs, two minute job mate
Got fingers- just hold those wires whilst I switch the pin on to see if it's live
Got an oven - cook this food whilst I play on my pinbal
Over 18- run down the off license and get us a slab whilst I play pinball

As you will see, you have plenty of value to add....

Hi all a little introduction. James here and a pinball novice. My background is I am a jukebox restorer of the vintage machines from the 1940s up to around the mid 60s. I Always wanted a pinball machine for my self. Trouble is I think most will agree there addictive. It's bad enough filling a house with jukeboxes now the pinballs start. Currently own a ghostbusters bought from Phil at pinball heaven and Chris set it up. Excellent service lovely machine. And also own a original Addams family too.Again a small addiction starting here. Looking for more pinballs and advice when the time comes. If any of you have jukeboxes out there and need any guidance I will try and help as much as I can. Thanks all for reading that my introduction :)

Welcome James to the forum. You already have one addiction and you want to add another ! Respect to you sir [emoji108]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome James, I'm pleased to say you've come to the right place for your addiction.

You'll find all kinds of dealers who'll keep you supplied with whatever you need to feed your habit!

Also good to hear you can help with other habits, I've got a NSM Ultimate which is good as it doesn't take up much space in the man cave.

Hi there. Been lurking for ages but finally signed up. Don't own a Pin yet but have been hunting for my first and hope to have one soon.

No experience with Pins, but managed to repair an old fruit machine and jukebox to date with help from other forums so imagine I'll have plenty of questions if I ever manage to get one!

Cheers all. Liam

Welcome Liam, beware once you have a pin there is some sort of take over plan started by the pin. Then you'll be looking at making more space for more pins!

You've been warned!!!

Welcome Liam. You'll get a machine I'm sure. Any ideas what you would go for as a first machine ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers. I'm hoping to get my hands on an early solid state Bally or Williams. Quite like Future Spa, Paragon, Centaur, Firepower but open minded for a nice little project.

Newbie peddars from Hertfordshire - The flame has been relit ...

Haven't played pinball for decades since the last machine in town disappeared, but during november holiday in benidorm located an ac/dc pro in full working order in one of the bars. Managed a score of 34m without actually sussing out what I was actually doing. Tended to concentrate on left and right ramps to get the multiball. Have since located an explanation of the gameplay and looking for info of any ac/dc machines located locally, or any local pinball machine at all really, that accepts play tokens (money).

In the far and distant past, my favourite machine was Bride of Pinbot, but since found out (read somewhere once?) that there is a something hidden which upon completion has her singing "Happy Birthday" (?). Don't know if it is true, but needless to say I have been looking futilely for a working BoP machine willing to eat up my gold coins, ever since.

If anyone knows of public working pinballs in the Herts area, I would appreciate a heads-up ...

In the far and distant past, my favourite machine was Bride of Pinbot, but since found out (read somewhere once?) that there is a something hidden which upon completion has her singing "Happy Birthday" (?). Don't know if it is true, but needless to say I have been looking futilely for a working BoP machine willing to eat up my gold coins, ever since.

Hi, peddars,

With Bride of Pinbot, the Happy Birthday thing isn't an objective as such, but on particular calendar dates a HB message appears on exiting the test routine, along with the name of the relevant development team member. There are reportedly Christmas & New Year ones too. I'd have preferred them to eliminate a bug with the match routine, but hey, I was only a serviceman.

Bride does have what's called an 'easter egg', where entering a particular sequence on the flipper (and sometimes start) buttons produces a special effect. In this case, AIR it's 'Old Mcdonald had a farm' on the buttons, producing a reply of 'ee-aye ee-eye oh'. A software grandee at WMS had a thing about cows.

Last edited:

Haven't played pinball for decades since the last machine in town disappeared, but during november holiday in benidorm located an ac/dc pro in full working order in one of the bars. Managed a score of 34m without actually sussing out what I was actually doing. Tended to concentrate on left and right ramps to get the multiball. Have since located an explanation of the gameplay and looking for info of any ac/dc machines located locally, or any local pinball machine at all really, that accepts play tokens (money).

If anyone knows of public working pinballs in the Herts area, I would appreciate a heads-up ...

Welcome Peddars,

Try looking on www.pinformer.co.uk
It'll show you sites with pins just be aware it's only as good as the people using it. So if your travelling especially just to play the pins ring beforehand to check they still have them and they're working. Then when your done update the website accordingly.

Also checkout www.ukpinballleague.co.uk
This will show the league meets in your area that way you get to meet and play against like minded people.

Hi there. Been lurking for ages but finally signed up. Don't own a Pin yet but have been hunting for my first and hope to have one soon.

No experience with Pins, but managed to repair an old fruit machine and jukebox to date with help from other forums so imagine I'll have plenty of questions if I ever manage to get one!

Cheers all. Liam
Welcome? Not owning a pin is never a problem here.....you wil have one, guaranteed.....and then mysteriously another will appear. The forum can then assist in which car to buy to transport newly acquired pins, how to make excuses to the other half, and then also offer architect plans for the construction of a large shed to house everything.......think of it as and end to end offering in how to spank money up the wall. It's akin to a pimp working at a sex addiction meeting......

Back
Top Bottom