What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

Not really new but never transfered from the mailing list..as per my username i am a Cardiff city fan...also Welsh...though live in portishead near bristol now...you might have seen me helping out the nlp guys at play expo and was one of the original NBA competition referrers complete with black and white stripped jersey..proper name simon white..

Welcome Simon.

Cardiff City FC, Bluebirds? :hmm:

Are there home colours still red?

Not into football so please don't hold it against me.

Evening all

Been browsing the posts for a while trying to educate myself as i think I have the pinball bug.

Not really played many pinballs but I used to visit a bar in town and enjoyed playing theirs but sadly it's now gone.

I've also spent a small fortune playing scared stiff when I've been away with work over the past 3 or 4 years.
Love that machine. Although it had a few errors I would have gladly taken it home.

Anyway I've decided I need a pinball in my living room but I need a bit more pinball experience before parting with hard earned to make sure I get the one I want.
Saying that, I have room for one in the kitchen too but don't want to get too far ahead of myself yet [emoji23]
Still trying to work out the abbreviations for a lot of pins but definitely need more play time.
Plan on going to a few events this year to get the play time and make my mind up as to which one I need.
I would probably like to get one ready to play however I don't mind working on basic things as I usually pick things up once I've been shown and I am able to follow YouTube tutorials to fix most things.
I've learned one thing from lurking on here it's that I'm not going to impulse buy on eBay as I don't know enough about these machines to repair a dodgy buy.

Anyway, I'm sure there is enough help on here to help me out with potential problems or fixes.

Thanks

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Dave,

Sounds like you know what you want and the right way to get it.

There are a few apps based on real pinball machines if you want to try different machines without travelling all over the place to play them.

Thanks all
what apps would you recommend cmor ?

Oh And Hi Simon. Sorry I lagged onto your thread. I will start a new post [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinball Arcade is the one I like, it got me into this hobby!

You'll find its a good way to learn rules and get an idea of if you'll like a pin or not.

Play Expo in Manchester is also fantastic. Bit of a further trip for you but well worth going. It's not until October though; if the bug has really bit then you'll probably have bought one by then.

The NLP Crew always do a fantastic job of putting together a first rate line-up of Pins. :)

Welcome to Pinball Info Simon , not before time you showed you're face. I believe you have started building your collection back up with a TZ and a WoZ ruby red 75th. Nice start to a sure to be great collection.
Also welcome Dave, first get together of the year will be 8bitflip at Arcade Club in Bury over the Easter weekend. Get yourself down to it for a great weekend of pinball and arcade machines as well as a few beers.

Hi All

My name is Chris, I live in Dundee, I'm 41 and have worked as a software engineer for the last 17 years.

Unusually I didn't play pins when I was growing up they eat too much of my money preferred to play Suprer Mario and get my monies worth.

It started in 2008 when I purchased a Demo Man from eBay, it's fair to say it was an impulse buy and I had next to no knowledge of pins at the time. I was quite lucky I think this is a great first pin and has kept me engaged in the hobby, that may not have been the case had I purchase something else.

Four years later I attended the Play Expo (2012) as my stepson was competing in a competition. I kept going back to the CFTBL so when one came up on Ebay two months later I bid on it and won it. It had been garaged for most of its life after being used in pubs around StockPort. The hologram was roached and have since replaced it with the Pinball MikeD mod which I'm very happy with.

I'm slowly building up my knowledge but still lots to learn.

Things are moving much faster these days. I picked up two EMs this year, College Queens and King of Diamonds, have made some progress with CQ and using this as a test bed before I start on KOD (the keeper). I have also finally found a Taxi project that should be delivered within a month and I can't wait to get stuck into that.

I joined the Scottish League end of last season and was privileged to attend NLP and hang around for the lock in, I have no idea how you guys managed to pull that off *hat tip*.

I look forward to meeting up with you all at the various events.

Kind regards
Chris

Hello guys, I'm just new here, hope to learn a lot from the pinGODs of the forum... :)

Greetings from Spain

Back
Top Bottom