What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New members - say hello right here : )

As The Dracula machine would say ... "Welcome, to my home "
I really do think we should welcome new members but surely they should be given a warning about "the addiction"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No sh?t Sherlock!!

My wife said I could have one, I now have three in as many weeks. I said it was only fair as she bought a handbag without telling me.....I know I am only showing early signs of the disease...I know others here are waaaay further advanced and plenty who are sadly terminal....maybe the mods should set up a pinball addiction help line where they remove a pinball each week to wean you off the collection....it's the responsible thing to do...

Hello from the forum by the way....run away whilst you still can!

:) Hi all..Im Chris 47 just moved to Haslingden. Lancs.
Hooked on pinball from late teens and playing in local pub at the start of the night out. Owned a Getaway around 12 years ago and sold on.
Made a full size virtual pinball with 3 screens a few years back as I wanted to play different tables but didn't have the room. It's good, but nothing like playing the real thing.

New house with some room, so started to feed the addiction. Recently bought Demolition Man and just picked up Getaway from Pinball Heaven. Would like to get another couple of pinballs, interested in TZ, STTNG, Roadshow, maybe others depending what turns up.

Going to NLP in October on the Sunday.

Cheers Chris

Welcome Chris, a man after my own heart if you are interested in STTNG machine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi chris

Shame you just moved there, Arcade Club was based in the town in its first year of running before moving to Bury.

Enjoy NLP!

Welcome to Pinball Info Chris.
You are in a Pinball hot spot with some great pin collections in the Lancashire, West Yorkshire area. We have a great northern pinball League as well.
I think Dave Dutton from West York's has a Roadshow up for sale at the moment.

Hello everyone! I'm Karl from Coventry. I've always had fond memories of playing Road Kings and Space Shuttle on holiday as a child, and could never resist a few goes if I saw a table wherever I happened to be, but in the last 2-3 years I've become more interested (mainly thanks to introductions to tables through the Williams/Gottlieb collections for the 360 and Wii, and the Pinball Arcade for Steam, is this a taboo here, I'm not sure!? ;) ). I've visited Tilt a few times (brilliant of course!) and I'm interested to discover other recommended pinball hotspots, so thought I'd sign up. Hello all!

Hello everyone! I'm Karl from Coventry. I've always had fond memories of playing Road Kings and Space Shuttle on holiday as a child, and could never resist a few goes if I saw a table wherever I happened to be, but in the last 2-3 years I've become more interested (mainly thanks to introductions to tables through the Williams/Gottlieb collections for the 360 and Wii, and the Pinball Arcade for Steam, is this a taboo here, I'm not sure!? ;) ). I've visited Tilt a few times (brilliant of course!) and I'm interested to discover other recommended pinball hotspots, so thought I'd sign up. Hello all!
Welcome aboard Karl!

Thank you! Do you often see Taxi in the UK? That's one I've yet to find in real life...

I think there were a reasonable quota brought in. The Williams game from around that time that seems scarce is Swords Of Fury, both the ones I've seen were originally intended for Germany.

I think there were a reasonable quota brought in. The Williams game from around that time that seems scarce is Swords Of Fury, both the ones I've seen were originally intended for Germany.
I know 3 or 4 regulars on here have a Swords, and a local guy to me has one too :)

And I've had 2 over the years. So they are about.

Last edited:
Welcome Karl to the forum. Great guys on here - I'm fairly new and have appreciated the support and banter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought a SOF for my mates wedding present (I know I'm such a great guy!)
And I've had 2 taxis. I know of a couple of other taxis but neither are that popular here. As has been mooted already, I think a large number went to Germany as they seem more common there

Yes mate. I can't ever sell it as it cost me more over the years than a nib!! It's like triggers broom !!!!

That's interesting, I wondered whether Taxi would wear well or not as it doesn't seem to have many (any?) complex toys. Are there any particular tables that do wear well, or are they all prone to the same problems? (n00b questions I know! ;) )

That's interesting, I wondered whether Taxi would wear well or not as it doesn't seem to have many (any?) complex toys. Are there any particular tables that do wear well, or are they all prone to the same problems? (n00b questions I know! ;) )

In short yes, everything is prone to wear and tear.
However anything pre DMD (1991) with the odd exception, is pre diamond plate (a kind of clear coat) therefore much more prone to wear. Eg. Taxi, swords of fury etc... Usually have very worn playfields:

Pinballs break. Quite often. It's a fact. You can't escape it

In short yes, everything is prone to wear and tear.
However anything pre DMD (1991) with the odd exception, is pre diamond plate (a kind of clear coat) therefore much more prone to wear. Eg. Taxi, swords of fury etc... Usually have very worn playfields:

Pinballs break. Quite often. It's a fact. You can't escape it

Yeah that makes sense! I think I'll stay a player for a while, though I do like the thought of a Taxi/Party Zone or eventually a TOM/MM of my own - but doesn't everyone! ;)

Yeah that makes sense! I think I'll stay a player for a while, though I do like the thought of a Taxi/Party Zone or eventually a TOM/MM of my own - but doesn't everyone! ;)

Welcome Sebadude, dont let the fact that pins can break put you off owning one. When something goes wrong post about it here and you will have it working again in no time. Some very knowledgeable and helpful people on here.

Cheers
Ian

Hello. Olly, 33, London. My best friend got me into pinball a couple of months ago and since then I've been travelling around London, Brighton and Essex playing everything I can get my hands on. I'm feeling like I'd like to get a machine for £1000 - £500 but then keeping a pinball in a 1-bedroom flat seems like something a mental person would do,

keeping a pinball in a 1-bedroom flat seems like something a mental person would do,

Crazy. Keeping several pinballs in a house, on the other hand, is completely normal.

Welcome.

£500-1000 is possibly on the low budget side, but not out of the question as bargains do pop up.

Hello. Olly, 33, London. My best friend got me into pinball a couple of months ago and since then I've been travelling around London, Brighton and Essex playing everything I can get my hands on. I'm feeling like I'd like to get a machine for £1000 - £500 but then keeping a pinball in a 1-bedroom flat seems like something a mental person would do,
Sell the flat, buy a Hercules Pinball and move into it. Job done.

IMG_0682.JPG

Hello forum!

My wife and i are huge pinball fans and we were told about this forum by Shaunyboy when we bought his Scared Stiff off him after seeing it at Play Expo (wonderful machine, we love it, thanks for selling it to us Shaun and thank you for being so helpful!).

Just wanted to say hello anyway and we're happy to be here! :)

Back
Top Bottom