What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Attack from Mars remake

anyone having the loop shot issue on skill shot?

press launch which holding down the left flipper and see if the ball clears the loop?

Can anyone help with the topper wiring

Left unconnected in backbox is one labelled sol gen purpose and the two smaller plugs in other end of that (no labels) and from the topper one labelled ‘extra’ and two small unlabelled plugs look like they fit with the two mentioned before but not sure
I can take pics if required . All help appreciated

Just set it up now. First impression were its very green and the speaker panel looks like ass,
however switched on the display is the nicest in Pinball and love the speaker lights

Only played one test game , everything works out of the box although way way too powerful so won’t be playing again until I’ve had chance to reduce the power across the various solenoids. The skill shot into the orbit ‘clunks ‘but makes it each time so needs a tweak. The left ramp flap is raised by a couple of mm so that will just need screwing down

It’s quite the light show looks really impressive. Sound is ok but I’m notoriously hard to please on that front. Overall great to have AFM back in the house .

Oh and UK power cord included this time so big step in the right direction

Thanks to Phil as ever

Attachments

• 9A6942CA-4C3A-4548-B41A-C949D8C34A0B.jpeg
    9A6942CA-4C3A-4548-B41A-C949D8C34A0B.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 59793378-23DD-4B2D-8D95-727F318F1A33.jpeg
    59793378-23DD-4B2D-8D95-727F318F1A33.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 23
Can anyone help with the topper wiring

Left unconnected in backbox is one labelled sol gen purpose and the two smaller plugs in other end of that (no labels) and from the topper one labelled ‘extra’ and two small unlabelled plugs look like they fit with the two mentioned before but not sure
I can take pics if required . All help appreciated

A bit of guesswork but seems to work: "Sol Gen purpose" goes in the left side higher connector of the little board. Two smaller plugs that were cable tied to it connect to two similar plugs from the topper. There's two labelled "Extra" from the topper but the smaller one should IMO be labelled "outs" as that's where it fits on the small board, left side lower connection. The other "extra" fits on the biggest board, board connector is called "extra" handily.

Hope that helps, unless I've done it all wrong and that's why my Saucer leds don"t work!

Yes I'm having a super skill shot issue, hits something and rebounds back, not heard of that but sure will be able to cure with some tweaking.

That metal bracket is surely to stop the power cable being removed at the rear, I didn't seem to get one anyway!

Ha its come with an extra trapped ball. Thought I could hear something rattling around whilst moving the box earlier and possibly the cause of my ‘clunk’ I referred to in my previous post

Attachments

• DFEA5E1C-B0D3-4EE3-A4E6-EF104A143910.jpeg
    DFEA5E1C-B0D3-4EE3-A4E6-EF104A143910.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
A bit of guesswork but seems to work: "Sol Gen purpose" goes in the left side higher connector of the little board. Two smaller plugs that were cable tied to it connect to two similar plugs from the topper. There's two labelled "Extra" from the topper but the smaller one should IMO be labelled "outs" as that's where it fits on the small board, left side lower connection. The other "extra" fits on the biggest board, board connector is called "extra" handily.

Hope that helps, unless I've done it all wrong and that's why my Saucer leds don"t work!

Yes I'm having a super skill shot issue, hits something and rebounds back, not heard of that but sure will be able to cure with some tweaking.

That metal bracket is surely to stop the power cable being removed at the rear, I didn't seem to get one anyway!

T Hey do all fit we had murders getting some in some need to be unclipped

just a reminder that cliffy has a set of updated cliffys for AFMR. Yes the game comes with some but they are mantis style and cliffs with the mantis ones add extra protection. I should have a set hopefully just after xmas and will post the pics up on them.

just a reminder that cliffy has a set of updated cliffys for AFMR. Yes the game comes with some but they are mantis style and cliffs with the mantis ones add extra protection. I should have a set hopefully just after xmas and will post the pics up on them.

Between the factory installed Maylar and protectors seems plenty well protected allready. I never managed to chip my previous new playfield ( PH minty restore which I should have kept ) in 3 years of play

Although the maylar under the ramp exits looks to have been curiously positioned , not very central

That’s good to hear I just want to be sure on the two holes - probably overkill for a game that will get less than a 1000 games :)

Got mine all setup last night . It’s an amazing game. I’m having the weak shooter issue described by most and loads of air balls but lots to tinker with on that such as levelling, shooter alignment, raising the wire form and plunger strength so hopefully will get it sorted.
After a number of games it’s reporting left gate stuck closed. I think this is simply because of the weak shooter so when you attempt the super skill shot and it doesn’t get there it thinks the gate has stopped it. Although I had a game where 2 of 3 balls made it through the gate but it didn’t clear the error message . In text mode on repeat it opens and closes the gate fine so I think this is not broken ?

it'll clear over time. CGC have acked the launch issue and are testing a fix - weird how they introduced this.

Firstly. Loving it. CG have done an amazing job updating a classic

So what settings are we all using

I’m -8 on the flippers. Which is still too snappy. Clean shot to the centre ramp sometimes ends up in the shooter lane it’s that fast . Suspect airballs may settle down when it beds in a bit

Shooter lane. Tried all settings Just not clean but unsure why yet tbh
Shaker. Now on min. Plenty enough shake for me
Strobe. Max. Ha. Why not

Ive found two more balls in the cabinet so suspect there is one more to find yet :)

Firstly. Loving it. CG have done an amazing job updating a classic

So what settings are we all using

I’m -8 on the flippers. Which is still too snappy. Clean shot to the centre ramp sometimes ends up in the shooter lane it’s that fast . Suspect airballs may settle down when it beds in a bit

Shooter lane. Tried all settings Just not clean but unsure why yet tbh
Shaker. Now on min. Plenty enough shake for me
Strobe. Max. Ha. Why not

Ive found two more balls in the cabinet so suspect there is one more to find yet :)
Ditto all that on settings!

What an epic colour the green is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What build date have you guys got ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom