What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Attack from Mars remake

your right flipper hasn't broken it saying the eos.. or is the flipper not moving?

so

flipper moving = not broken and its most likely wire off
flipper not moving = wire off or fuse or other problem.

or yes, like neil says, there is a problem if you change the power it can blow a mosfet

for those worried about dumplings :D This is from an original attack from mars...

7e081a088ea1f79d2f85b696d5e23c896fdf6ec2.jpeg.jpg

While you might try setting down the power on your flippers, the fact remains that these settings are currently having little to no change on the flippers. Our software team has already corrected the problem, and we are testing the new software with a few select customers. Before we do any massive distribution, we want to thoroughly test the update. This might take a few more weeks, and we ask that you be patient as we start to distribute the PIC’s. In the meantime, there will be NO need for you to enter a service ticket at this time in order to obtain the update. Please wait for further instructions. However, we are going to ask that all customers immediately return their software settings to DEFAULT. We have found that if you are using the lower range of settings that it is likely that you will blow one of the FET’s on the Solenoid Driver Board.

Oh dear I had my flips set down I guess I have done the above

so the flipper is inoperative then. Chicago Gaming always tell me to tell customers to open a ticket, they want to deal direct with problems, so can you open a ticket?

don't know much about it yet, i don't imagine its a big problem, if i knew what went wrong i could probably replace the board/component.

E013938E-38C0-4C19-93E3-B959D899338C.jpeg 0B230577-B9D8-453C-A974-2DBD9995C363.jpeg Wish I’d taken pics of the whole playfield before I started!
Anyone can check where this goes that rolled down my playfield today?

Only spot I can see is behind Martian on left where there is a whole in the plastic but nothing to screw into and nothing loose in cabinet

Check out my video on YouTube I do a walk thru of the playfield you should be able to pause it and find where it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

View attachment 56602 View attachment 56603 Wish I’d taken pics of the whole playfield before I started!
Anyone can check where this goes that rolled down my playfield today?

Only spot I can see is behind Martian on left where there is a whole in the plastic but nothing to screw into and nothing loose in cabinet
yes thats where is goes had to remove mine to fit the plastic protectors

I just found out about cow video mode! On my second AFM and I never knew this existed so can't be the only one....

'To complete the AFM video mode trifecta, cow video mode.

Collect a cow on each ramp during regular play by hitting the launch button while the ball is on the ramp. Martians don't always beam up cows, so try again if you miss the first time. When you get one, the cow will moo. If you rapid fire the launch button, the cow will moo a lot.'

Tweak day tommorow as now barley playable ,prior to possibly opening some tickets

Launch button. Works 1 out of 5
Diverter only opens about halfway
Super skill shot. Rarely makes round orbit
Left ramp flap raised about 3 mm off the playfield
Ball flies off centre ramp around 1 in 4 either to shooter lane or drain
Shipped with balls twatting around the playfield and the cabinet . Impossible for them not to have heard when moving the box obvious something was amiss

On the positive side. No dumplings

Compared to MMR which played out the box not overly impressed

Point three is a known issue and they are working on a fix - the rest of it seems a bit shoddy :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The one I played last week also struggled to make the loop on the super skill shot. It was 50%

Last edited:
I did the thing with a washer under the wire form . Could only get one washer in as screw not long enough . It doesn’t fly round now but gives me a chance at the super skill shot I’d say 19 times out of 20

Tweak day tommorow as now barley playable ,prior to possibly opening some tickets

Launch button. Works 1 out of 5
Diverter only opens about halfway
Super skill shot. Rarely makes round orbit
Left ramp flap raised about 3 mm off the playfield
Ball flies off centre ramp around 1 in 4 either to shooter lane or drain
Shipped with balls twatting around the playfield and the cabinet . Impossible for them not to have heard when moving the box obvious something was amiss

On the positive side. No dumplings

Compared to MMR which played out the box not overly impressed

Mark, I was 2 min away from your house today, you should have text me! If you want me to pop in and look let me know...

Mark, I was 2 min away from your house today, you should have text me! If you want me to pop in and look let me know...

Thanks for that Phil. I’ll have a poke around first tommorow ( hopefully some quick fixes ) and will be sure to let you know before I open any tickets.

Was just a bit ****ed earlier as had to switch it off , my brother and nephews made a special trip from Manchester to play some Pinball and thought AFM was a bit **** :)

Tweak day successful. No longer in a mood with it

All settings back to factory default
Launch button connector just needed twisting and locking in position. So game now playable
Diverter whilst it doesn’t hold fully open everything moves freely . The ball diverts as it’s meant too and opens the gate fully as it passes and I’m happy the ball cannot strike the exposed end of the diverter.
Super skill shot. God knows. Must have been my imagination. No issues
Left ramp flap raised. After some adjustments and whilst not quite touching the playfield it’s now square . Everything was already super tight and I don’t want to risk cracking the ramp nipping it up further.
Ball flying off the centre ramp. I failed to follow good engineering principles and made multiple adjustments so don’t know which fixed it . But of interest the ramp microswitch lever arm wasn’t centralised potentially trapping and diverting the ball. A ball that was accidentally shipped was wedged tightly between the ramp and shooter lane potentially changed an angle ? I loosed off all ramp fastenings and reseated it. Well what ever it was the ball no longer flies off the ramp even at speed
Forgot to remove the two balls still in the cabinet. Sure they will be ok
Think the next step is just to play it and let it settle down

Thanks for the offer though Phil

Sent from my iPad

I haven’t played anywhere near as many pinballs as most on here so my experience is limited but I reckon if someone gave a few creative chaps a very large budget and said ‘design the best and most fun pinball possible ‘ they’d come back and say ‘it’s already been made - it’s called AFM

So then they’d say - ‘ well remake it then ‘

Just saying I’m loving my AFMR !

I owned an original for a year or so and got bored of it so I was worried the magic wouldn’t be there second time round.

But I’m absolutely loving it and it’s really kicking my ****. Only ever reached RTU once before but with this one I’m yet to even get to Attack Mars, 100+ plays so far..

I owned an original for a year or so and got bored of it so I was worried the magic wouldn’t be there second time round.

But I’m absolutely loving it and it’s really kicking my ****. Only ever reached RTU once before but with this one I’m yet to even get to Attack Mars, 100+ plays so far..
Ditto . But everything is so close you have to press start again
Brilliant!

Fitted my new board today was simple enough

Now running like a dream!

So addictive!!

Great support from CG the board was out to me in less than a week !

Is there a fix for the super skill shot issue?
Have you tried raising the ramp with a washer? Info on pinside owners thread.
Did that on mine and would say my launch now goes all the way round 19 out of 20 times. Not fast but I’m at least getting a go at super skill shot

Back
Top Bottom