What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monster Bash Remake leaked

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
A good selling game typically sells 20-30 units.

Interesting how small a number that is, and how small the UK market actually has become!

@philpalmer - Are you seeing that the prices of NIB games has had an effect on sales?? Or is it purely down to title from your perspective??

Down to title. This year for me has been the best year *ever* by a mile (sales wise).

Sales up almost 50% from last year and last year was the "best year ever", then the one before that was too! So 3 years of growth and this year just blown the others away!

Well over £1m turnover.

Phil

Great news for your sales Phil ?

Interesting that sales are going up despite prices continuing to rise.

Great news for your sales Phil ?

Interesting that sales are going up despite prices continuing to rise.

indeed and I guess on big titles not all of the sales are to pinheads like us, but i hear from Stern that Electrocoin are doing great also on sales, which I was surprised about, this was after me telling them they should dump them.

Neil.

I'd love to know how much they got for pinball in total. I doubt its much more than that. Maybe 20%?

Well that's blown my expectations out of the water, I'd have bet my house on sales being down year after year with prices where they are.

I think if you look at where sales are coming form I'd probably say less is from enthusiasts.

What are the inflation adjusted prices for the likes of TAF, TZ, etc? Is it simply the case that todays prices are commensurate with that, or are they higher?

When I've mentioned to friends who are just casual players that NIB and decently restored pinballs are £5k+ they seem surprised. But at the same time I would be hard pushed to describe exactly where that money goes in a machine, it intuitively feels like more than the sum of its parts.

There is possibly also an element of people hedging against market uncertainty. A pinball machine isn't going to lose much value unless it is routed, and in some cases (bah TAF) seem to be either static or appreciating in value.

What are the inflation adjusted prices for the likes of TAF, TZ, etc? Is it simply the case that todays prices are commensurate with that, or are they higher?

When I've mentioned to friends who are just casual players that NIB and decently restored pinballs are £5k+ they seem surprised. But at the same time I would be hard pushed to describe exactly where that money goes in a machine, it intuitively feels like more than the sum of its parts.

There is possibly also an element of people hedging against market uncertainty. A pinball machine isn't going to lose much value unless it is routed, and in some cases (bah TAF) seem to be either static or appreciating in value.

In 1994 a Twilight Zone cost $3410
Today with inflation it would cost $5800

A new in box Deadpool Pro currently retails for $5800

So pinballs have actually got no more expensive outside of inflation...

Surely you need to compare a Deadpool LE to a TZ?

TZ is not equivalent of a Stern pro!

LOL - did I really say it would sell like hotcakes? Although I'd have thought 10 games in the UK market was not bad, especially when you consider some other games that have sold barely any.

I do agree with you on MB though. I don't think it will do as well as MMR or AFMR.

Neil.

? hot cakes was your exact quote neil still makes me chuckle ?

[emoji23] hot cakes was your exact quote neil still makes me chuckle [emoji23]

Ok dood I’m calling bull**** on this [emoji23]

Show me the post ! I will donate 50quid to shine if you can find the post where I said that :)

Cheers,
Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It appears that Neil does like the phrase "selling like hot cakes" - used it quite a few times in reference to TWD, AFMr, Dialled In even AC/DC and Metallica. I couldn't find a TNA reference though...

Either way, looks like some charity will be £50 better off!

Sounds fair to me and the best thing is two great charities benefit from some generous pinball people :thumbs:

Thanks for clearing that up Martin so technically speaking neil is correct but does like his hot cakes so how about I do the £50 and so does neil
Ooohhh, I'll l leave that one to Neil. I'm not wading in as he's doing me a favour at the moment!!

Back
Top Bottom