What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kaneda's pinball podcast

The truth - that it’s pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Although Neil, you do rate Ghostbusters dude and I distinctly rememebr you hating then loving ST.... I've not played SW tbf. Seems a bit of a love or hate type game

Sw is a great game don’t listen to the critics you do need to play it a while to learn the rule set Dwight make really good strategic rule sets but people seem to find them complicated in sw and got so he made a nice simple rule set for munsters and he gets slammed for that too poor guy can’t win

Just listened to the SW bit. Seems he hates it for not telling the films story. Not sure that bothers me especially, I've seen Empire enough times...

Lol at the dartboard comment. 'dartboards will never die because they're cheap and people like throwing sh1t through the air'. He's makes a good point

Ghostbusters is epic!

As a sci fi collector Star Wars is shocking - the playfield should be teeming with Star Wars things and all that’s there is a tie fighter on a spring and a papermache version of the Death Star WTF? I was super disappointed by it, the artwork looks like it’s from the Star Wars annual 1977.

Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I really don't like GB at all. AMAZING theme but a clunky, linear bore to me gameplay wise. "Okay who brought the dog" FFS. Epic in an artwork and call out sense but the code is still clearly unfinished and although it has toys, one of them is Slimer and he'll SDTM you for days. The game has so many ball saves because of it's poor layout. I'm not sure what they were thinking with that right ramp shot either. Magna slings... urgh! Plus a flipper gap as big as Trudeau's incoming list of criminal charges.

Jokes aside, doesn't Maiden prove that toys whilst cool, don't really matter. I've heard a lot of people describe SW as a players game. Not sure whether I'll like it or not but super keen to give it a bash

SW is really good. Feels very different to other pins I've played, and I find it really satisfying. The shots are silky smooth and the modes are awesome and really different to each other. Its the only game I've played where modes somehow feel more than just hitting lit shots - they really seem to work with the 'mission' at hand. I get that the Tie on a spring is a bit basic, but the shot itself works great as a 'precision' hit when the time comes (and is great in the tie fighter mode). People always seem to ignore the hyper loop as well, which again is so satisfying once you get it going (the ramp needs to be dialled in so that the shot isn't annoying). Honestly its such a good game, I'm always surprised how it divides people so much - but as with everything - each to their own. The artwork is fine - it's not fantastic but its not awful either. Plus you get all the proper movie clips and voices which add a hell of a lot IMHO. Oh and the movable multipliers are pretty simple to grasp and a great idea (or just ignore them if you're not into them). I keep thinking of doing a video and starting a reappraisal thread to see what owners think - the naysayers are very vocal, but you don't see the pin for sale that often (maybe not many were bought!!). Have you played it much on the 1.0 code Neil?

Love STARWARS..
The code has made it. The music and the LCD I think are great. I still can’t get to grips with the multipler shots - how that works, but love the modes and the video clips.

The Hyperloop on Prem & LE’s is good- gets your adrenaline going when you nail 3+ DS ramp shots in a row to have all the balls flying round.

I was initially a little dismissive of Star Wars, it looks so empty. But having played the Pro a bit it plays nicely and I can see it having legs as a home game.

And as a kid who grew up with Star Wars - blew my mind in 1977 - you can't beat the classic trilogy clips and sounds :-D

Original trilogy only mind - all of the others are a bloody travesty :-(.... Rogue 1 actually wasn't bad,.... but The Last Jedi was one of the worst films ever made let alone the worst Star Wars entry.

Sent from my Sandcrawler using Tapatalk

Yeah Last Jedi was so bad. In ways I wouldn't have even have imagined. Absolutely horrific mess. Shame because JJ Abrams set it up fairly well with Force Awakens.

Back
Top Bottom