What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kaneda's pinball podcast

Anyone wanna sum up his latest podcast on here?
Went something like this...

Was all about the deal he did with Chris to buy proto MG for $31000.

One of 3 protos.

Wanted his bedroom to be a MG shrine.

He paid $10000 cash as deposit.

Realizes he was getting totally obsessed so has change of heart.

Then try to back out.

Offered Chris to keep $5000.

Chris says no.

Kaneda says never doing a podcast again unless he gets his money backl!!!!!!

Later he speaks to Melissa, does some kind of deal i.e loses less than the 10k and then deletes podcast and apologises for being dramatic.....

Ahh.... game mega-collectors. Not my favourite sort of folk...

I've a long experience with people like this, though not personally, they have been part of many scenes that I have been involved in for the last decade. Their interests run utterly counter to mine - if I get hold of an unreleased prototype of a video game, I would dump that sucker immediately and release it. That action of preservation and allowing the masses to get involved with it would be considered sacrilege by those folk.

Similarly with pinball - I approach this hobby with an interest in the competition and scoring side of it, and there is absolutely none of that if nobody else can play the games. If the games aren't out there... you're just playing with your own balls, by yourself.

I don't think it's a good thing that Magic Girl could be mass produced because it is an unfinished mess of a game, and that kind of production resource would be better used for a quality game - but outweighing that is letting people get the bloody game they paid for; and also letting people see it for themselves in some capacity.

LOL!

Anyway, everyone guessed straight away they were using left over WWE armour ....... short term thinking that won't help them in the long run.

And agree about the music being a huge miss.

But, way to go to burn your Stern contacts Kaneda:D

How long will the latest rant last for? :rolleyes::eek:;)

LOL!

Anyway, everyone guessed straight away they were using left over WWE armour ....... short term thinking that won't help them in the long run.

And agree about the music being a huge miss.

But, way to go to burn your Stern contacts Kaneda:D

How long will the latest rant last for? :rolleyes::eek:;)

Reminds me of a guy I am currently dealing with in another hobby I'm a part of. Will run his mouth and run his reputation into the ground (which he has) and when he finally realises that he's made a huge mistake and everyone who tried to help him and make him see reason has turned their back on him, starts to kiss ass and apologise for their behaviour, desperately trying to claw back the friends they've alienated. Unfortunately this usually manifests as a cycle, as once they kiss enough ass and are let back in and are forgiven, they just repeat their pattern of behaviour, having learned nothing.

I'm loving the Andrew Heighway one. How Andrew can show his face on pinside after what he has done is insane.

Just wanted to say that having read the Wired article about him, I feel like I've been too quick to judge him with my earlier post. His behaviour doesn't come from the place I thought it did, and honestly he's easier to understand having read it. https://www.wired.com/2014/05/arcadia/

Though I think that's just my personal attitude to people showing through and this won't do much to change other people's views.

I have never listened to this Kaneda guy, or paid any attention to whatever it is he does that seems to grind peoples gears.

I see him mentioned all the time but it's kind of passed me by.

Think I'll keep it that way.

Sometimes it seems people spend more time bitching and moaning about pinball than actually just playing and enjoying them. I often wonder if I preferred life before the Internet :)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I have never listened to this Kaneda guy, or paid any attention to whatever it is he does that seems to grind peoples gears.

I see him mentioned all the time but it's kind of passed me by.

Think I'll keep it that way.

Sometimes it seems people spend more time bitching and moaning about pinball than actually just playing and enjoying them. I often wonder if I preferred life before the Internet :)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Amen dude, amen.

Except for the internet thing, I’m an addict and would miss it too much. It’d be my ‘one luxury item’ on a desert island.

Just wanted to say that having read the Wired article about him, I feel like I've been too quick to judge him with my earlier post. His behaviour doesn't come from the place I thought it did, and honestly he's easier to understand having read it. https://www.wired.com/2014/05/arcadia/

Though I think that's just my personal attitude to people showing through and this won't do much to change other people's views.

So that was back in 2014. Interesting article. I have a whole bunch of conclusions and personality theories, but ****, who am I to judge?

Part of his complaining about Pinside is that he is not able to bitch n moan on Pinside;) And he is probably trying to repair a few burned Stern bridges and so has made a promise.......

giphy.gif

He's realised that buying machines is a choice. No one is forced to buy one they don't like.
He is a prime example of the kind of person who buys games in the hope that they will increase in price.

Back
Top Bottom