What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kaneda's pinball podcast

Buying a LTD edition of a machine that's not yet announced. No idea of the retail price, no idea of the artwork, no idea of the playfield, no idea of the toys. No wonder there's bugger all incentive for Stern to actually finish the code for games such as Kiss.

Hopefully it will be a fantastic game but if it's even close to the price of a Batman LE that's the same price an entire collection was 10 years ago:eek:

Re: Spooky. I think Danesi's TNA will sell way more

I so want one of these games but I'm assuming Spooky still won't ship to the UK so I'll be looking at a grey import if I can get one :(

I so want one of these games but I'm assuming Spooky still won't ship to the UK so I'll be looking at a grey import if I can get one :(
I'm interested too ( at the right price ) and asked Phil about dealing with Spooky last week. Sadly he said he couldn't sell their machines as they aren't CE compliant. He did say he could help arrange shipping though.

CE mark won't be an issue soon.

If this is what you're referring to, it's almost unthinkable that it won't be retained after Brexit, even after any transitional deal expires. Safety and type approval isn't just going to be scrapped or totally remade, the former is needed and the latter is too costly and time consuming. Vast majority of larger businesses who export to the EU will want it retained anyway to maintain parity, without having to deal with people making weaker domestic market stuff that they have to compete with, but which they won't be able to export to their main markets. Importers and their suppliers would also go bananas if there was a completely new and different set of domestic regs and approvals process applying to the UK market ... it would likely result in a lot of products never being approved for sale in the UK because it wouldn't be worth going through the process - probably including pinball machines.

If Spooky are moving to be compliant with international norms, that's another matter ... and one of their guys did say that they were looking at international markets ... we'll see.

Last edited:
He's just posted up his 'last ever' podcast. Turns out that even though he would bang on week after week about not handing over deposits to these pinball companies... he went and put down a $10k deposit on a proto Magic Girl from Cointaker, and made promises to pay $21k more. Then when Chris comes to his senses and wants to back out of the deal and get his money back, Cointaker says no

He posted it at 4am his time, and he's unlisted podcasts he regretted in the past, so don't hang about if you want a listen...

Is there another hobby where people change their minds as much and deals then go pear shaped?

I did catch that GOTG news is being released this Tuesday:)

Expensive and painful lesson made there, bloody nuts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Especially as verbal agreements are legally binding so if Cointaker don't back down, it's pay $31000 or loose $10000.

Just plain crazy. I can understand how he's got himself into that situation (through a total lack of any kind of self control) and who knows, maybe this $10,000 lesson is a lot cheaper than where he was headed. But more likely he'll just find another outlet for expensive one-upmanship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to believe he committed to another, even more expensive than the one he had, Magic Girl when he knows it doesn't work. He must have had a serious case of Pinball fever at the time. He even offered to write off $5k of the deposit.

I enjoy listening to all his podcasts and do feel sorry for him. Very expensive lesson.

He is very opinionated but it would be a boring Podcast if he wasn't. I'm not sure why Pinside see him as the Pinball Boogeyman, you can't even mention his name over there.

Last edited:
He has gone into full existential crisis mode!

Rather than kiss goodbye to $10000 probably best to buy the prototype, and sell his MG. Then find someone to get it working 100% and just enjoy playing the game, instead of looking at it.

"I am the biggest idiot in this hobby" - mmm yep, that we can all agree on.

just looked on you tube as I`ve never seen the magic girl pin, looks like a rip off of totan with totan being far better

A number of those videos are Kaneda himself with the Magic Girl. It looks like a nice enough machine (although I'm not a fan of the weird cabinet proportions). But $23,000 or even $31,000....you'd have to be either a Russian Oligarch, or just plain stupid.

He's just posted up his 'last ever' podcast. Turns out that even though he would bang on week after week about not handing over deposits to these pinball companies... he went and put down a $10k deposit on a proto Magic Girl from Cointaker, and made promises to pay $21k more. Then when Chris comes to his senses and wants to back out of the deal and get his money back, Cointaker says no

He posted it at 4am his time, and he's unlisted podcasts he regretted in the past, so don't hang about if you want a listen...

That’s gone LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sounds like a whole lot of bleating from somebody who thinks one of his games will depreciate in value if more of the game are produced. F*ck the poor sods who never got a game but put money in eh ?
Everything that is wrong with Pinball right there. People who buy machines in the hope of making money on them. Tough shît if you lose out.

Anyone wanna sum up his latest podcast on here?
He’s pîssed off because that new company that JPop is associated with may make more Magic Girl pins. So his rare, expensive box of lights might not be as rare or expensive as he would like. He doesn’t give a **** that some folks who got stiffed by JPop could actually end up getting a game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom