What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaws! By Stern… We’re going to need a bigger games room !

This game looks like it might be an all time classic!

Love the fact that you can play as the shark as well as Brody.

And IC actually has a purpose on this game, with the bounty hunter stuff.

Attachments

• features.png
    features.png
    765.8 KB · Views: 50
This game is going to be awsome,! its an Elwin game, he wouldn't put his name to something other that shoots amazing, yes do I think stern could have done more 100 %, will it shoot great yes of course, let's be honest sten always delivers an amazing game

My initial quick thoughts based on the recent videos,

LE/ Premium -

LE has the better artwork, side blades lack detail and a appear a bit dull and boring.

Premium art is meh.

The little white boat looks flat and poorly sculpted, looks like stickers for windows and steering wheel.

The sculpted bucket appears to be the best sculp.

The upper playfield looks to be good and fast with likely little time spent up there.

NO BALL LOCKS ! !

Pop up Shark is cool and will be satisfying to hit.

Expression speaker lights on the LE are cool (hopefully available to buy as an extra for the other models)

PRO -

Upper playfield gone as expected.

Keeping the sculped bucket in is good, appears to be the most detailed sculp in the game anyhow.

Usual flat plastics in places, and missing barrel from pop bumper.

Looks like it will play very fast.

Shame they didn't keep the raising shark.

Overall -

I actually like the looks of this, the artwork on the playfield is ok and gives the game an older style feel to it. A nice change actually as we usually see all the Yeti art, although is awesome it sometimes can comes across as a bit much on the playfield in places.

Looks like it will be great fast shooter, likely will be going by everyone raving about the designer.

The PRO for me would be the way to go here (not just because I am out at premium and LE prices) . Sure you are losing the upper playfield (I'm not so keen on upper raised playfields) and raising boat and shark but really they don't do that much., not big mechs and have no physical ball locks on them either. Its a shame they didn't keep the shark in the Pro but with the game being set across all 4 movies and its about hunting sharks, rather than a massive great white, from what I believe. The good being there will be plenty nice mods come for these games.

If I hadn't recently purchased a new machine and with this likely a couple months away to our doors I may actually be really tempted on a Pro. Pimp it out with powder coated armour, speaker lights, T-moulding and mirror blades and it be real nice and look near like the LE if you wanted. Look forward to the mods doing work on here also, big cage and new bigger moulded shark etc etc etc.

With the pro retaining the shark on an arc, would this be the first pro since STh having any form of motorised mech?

Wonder what the 3d jaws mode is (or whatever it was he’s said)
From the video: "you'll have to discover the 3d video mode"- just a videomode but hidden deeper in the game?

Curious how they use the Insider connected stuff and if they manage to elevate it from venom - surely jaws and venom have been in development for a while already so wondering if any feedback from venom even makes it in.

After the Godzilla layout, I'm underwhelmed and thankful.

I like the fact it has all the Jaws films though for anyone that's into this theme.

Anyone ordered yet ?

There may be something swimming to Flipperama Towers . . . . I'm actually pretty impressed so far and can't wait to play it.

I really like the way the upper flipper stops the ball like Roadshow.

The simplicity of the story of baiting then catching the shark is quite appealing too. . . . seems easy to understand.

Mod makers will have a lot to work with here.

Love that pro artwork! Weird how the LE had to have JAWS written on every panel of the cabinet while the pro and premium didn’t.

Why does the moving target area look like it’s completely cut out from the PF? and not just a slot target.

I quite like the pro, hate mini pfs so wouldn’t miss that bit! But the moving shark / ship was cool on the LE wonder if it can be swapped into a pro lol?

Why does the moving target area look like it’s completely cut out from the PF? and not just a slot target

Because it is cut out. It must be some sort of plastic and not wood so the red blood effect can show through the playfield.

I need to see a proper gameplay vid, so far I'm pretty ' meh ' about it ( which is a good thing, you can't buy everything ). Never thought I'd feel like this about an Elwyn release, maybe that'll change with a gameplay vid.

Modders dream this machine I think.

There is already high quality stuff out there for Jaws, figures etc.

The good thing about the Pro is the upper left area appears to be quite a big space. It's screaming out for a an Orca to sit in that corner.

Something like this custom one would suit the game perfectly.

d8dun7v-ca6fd3d5-eeca-4bfd-91d2-fcb038d44f48.jpg

Jaws is my Sisters favourite film so my Dad is tempted to sell his AC/DC prem to purchase a Jaw pro.

I've suggested he's mental given you can get a Godzilla prem for £800 more atm

Back
Top Bottom